Pearl Jam Can Fuck Off

• 43 Replies

So Cruel

• It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
Pearl Jam Can Fuck Off
« on: February 26, 2024, 03:47:43 PM »
Just checked prices for Pearl Jam in Vancouver.

Direct from Ticketmaster (non resale) lower bowl range from $600 - $800.

This is the same band who fought Ticketmaster in court in the 90ís about high ticket prices. I guess the price of flannel is getting pretty expensive.
Talk U2 2023 Awards

WINNER - THE ADAM CLAYTON WHO WOULD YOU LIKE TO GO ON A BENDER WITH AWARD

WINNER - THE DAVID LEE ROTH BEST USE OF A MEME/GIF AWARD

an tha

• And you can swallow, or you can spit....
Re: Pearl Jam Can Fuck Off
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2024, 03:53:15 PM »
A small price to pay for the cure to insomnia.
Since 1995.....

MPare1966

• Trying to throw my arms around the world
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2024, 03:57:07 PM »

This is the same band who fought Ticketmaster in court in the 90ís about high ticket prices. I guess the price of flannel is getting pretty expensive.

Is that dynamic pricing?
First Chair. Last Call.
©1966-2024
Presented by Vandelay Industries.
Management: Pendant Publishing.
All rights reserved.
Void where prohibited.
The information contained in this site is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, and usefulness.
Your mileage may vary.

So Cruel

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2024, 04:07:10 PM »

Is that dynamic pricing?

Not sure. I just logged into TM to see the prices. Tour starts with 2 shows in Vancouver. Upper bowl completely sold out (I believe those were $300 per). Lower bowl has tickets left but the cost is obscene. A concert is not worth a plane ticket to Hawaii. Iíve seen them a number of times over the years but it looks like those days are over. Fuck em.
Talk U2 2023 Awards

MPare1966

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2024, 04:19:19 PM »
Post from the PJ Community:

I've been a 10C member off and on for ten years now (I am aware that this is not the longest membership, but this isn't a measuring contest) and I am absolutely appalled by the prices of tickets for this tour.  The one thing that always stood PJ apart from all other bands was its connection to the fans, the determination to make it as great an experience as could be and the refusal to let its fans be ripped off and exploited in the name of capitalism (See PJ vs Ticketmaster).

The best example of this has always been the Ten Club, where we get rewarded for our loyalty by being allowed to buy tickets at a reasonable price, right down the front where the proper fans are, without needing to pay an absolute fortune for the privilege. These tickets for the Dark Matters tour UK dates are £160. ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY POUNDS. The cheapest tickets in the house are £120.

Pearl Jam, you have completely lost your way.  You are not the band of the people that you once were, you will have lost the respect of thousands of fans with this blatant profiteering and the fact that you are doing this alongside Ticketmaster, of all companies, is frankly insulting.

I for one, will not be renewing my membership next time around and will be interested to see how many others will also leave.

I'm just disappointed.
First Chair. Last Call.
©1966-2024
All rights reserved.
Void where prohibited.
The information contained in this site is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, and usefulness.
Your mileage may vary.

an tha

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2024, 04:25:57 PM »

I've been a 10C member off and on for ten years now (I am aware that this is not the longest membership, but this isn't a measuring contest) and I am absolutely appalled by the prices of tickets for this tour.  The one thing that always stood PJ apart from all other bands was its connection to the fans, the determination to make it as great an experience as could be and the refusal to let its fans be ripped off and exploited in the name of capitalism (See PJ vs Ticketmaster).

The best example of this has always been the Ten Club, where we get rewarded for our loyalty by being allowed to buy tickets at a reasonable price, right down the front where the proper fans are, without needing to pay an absolute fortune for the privilege. These tickets for the Dark Matters tour UK dates are £160. ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY POUNDS. The cheapest tickets in the house are £120.

Pearl Jam, you have completely lost your way.  You are not the band of the people that you once were, you will have lost the respect of thousands of fans with this blatant profiteering and the fact that you are doing this alongside Ticketmaster, of all companies, is frankly insulting.

I for one, will not be renewing my membership next time around and will be interested to see how many others will also leave.

I'm just disappointed.

Not really true.

I looked at gig at Tottenham Stadium and there are seats for £94 (inc fees) i mean that is £94 too much but not the prices that fan is claiming.

Here:

https://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/pearl-jam-dark-matter-world-tour-london-29-06-2024/event/3500604C8FED0E88

Mind you that isn't to say it isn't grim - but nearly all these so called 'big acts' playing stadiums and the biggest arenas are same now, greedy bastards.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2024, 04:35:57 PM by an tha »
Since 1995.....

MPare1966

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2024, 04:38:52 PM »

I'm just disappointed.

Not really true.

I looked at gig at Tottenham Stadium and there are seats for £94 (inc fees) i mean that is £94 too much but not the prices that fan is claiming.

Here:

https://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/pearl-jam-dark-matter-world-tour-london-29-06-2024/event/3500604C8FED0E88

I think the guy is talking about prices for members of the fan club, who get first choice. No?

Anyways, the days of affordable concerts for mainstream acts are gone, thatís for sure.

First Chair. Last Call.
©1966-2024
All rights reserved.
Void where prohibited.
Your mileage may vary.

an tha

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2024, 04:40:16 PM »

I'm just disappointed.

Not really true.

Here:

I think the guy is talking about prices for members of the fan club, who get first choice. No?

Anyways, the days of affordable concerts for mainstream acts are gone, thatís for sure.

As i added to post you've quoted.....
Since 1995.....

So Cruel

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2024, 04:44:52 PM »
Fuck, $160 is a steal compared to the Vancouver prices.

I do wonder though who the hell actually buys concert tickets at such high costs? I was talking to a few buddies Iíve gone to see PJ with before. All 3 of us make good money, and all 3 of us laughed at paying anywhere close to $600 to see them. Even at 1/2 that cost I wouldnít go.

I was looking at bringing my wife and daughter to Springsteen this year. I would really like my daughter who is 13 to see him live, and get a sense how great a rock n roll show can be. Then I compared the price for the 3 of us to go and itís more than the flights to Honolulu Iím thinking of for our family vacation this year. Just doesnít make sense at all.
Talk U2 2023 Awards

MPare1966

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2024, 04:48:26 PM »

I do wonder though who the hell actually buys concert tickets at such high costs? I was talking to a few buddies Iíve gone to see PJ with before. All 3 of us make good money, and all 3 of us laughed at paying anywhere close to $600 to see them. Even at 1/2 that cost I wouldnít go.

I was looking at bringing my wife and daughter to Springsteen this year. I would really like my daughter who is 13 to see him live, and get a sense how great a rock n roll show can be. Then I compared the price for the 3 of us to go and itís more than the flights to Honolulu Iím thinking of for our family vacation this year. Just doesnít make sense at all.

160 pounds

Around 275$CA
First Chair. Last Call.
©1966-2024
All rights reserved.
Void where prohibited.
Your mileage may vary.

So Cruel

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2024, 05:39:03 PM »

160 pounds

Around 275$CA

Less than half what the decent seats in Vancouver go for.

Watching bands at about 10x the cost from when I saw them in their prime doesnít make much sense to me.
Talk U2 2023 Awards

MPare1966

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2024, 06:39:23 PM »

160 pounds

Around 275$CA

Watching bands at about 10x the cost from when I saw them in their prime doesnít make much sense to me.

I see on PJís website that both Vancouver shows are sold out.

Maybe the prices you saw are official resale tickets.
First Chair. Last Call.
©1966-2024
All rights reserved.
Void where prohibited.
Your mileage may vary.

So Cruel

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2024, 07:52:51 PM »

160 pounds

Around 275$CA

No, when I go on TM I always click resale to off. These were Pearl Jam premium seats, which were the only ones available that werenít resale. I read a bit on it, PJ saves some of the best seats for this ďPJ premiumĒ. Basically just them gouging their fans. I guess the reason these ones arenít sold yet is because of the price.
Talk U2 2023 Awards

MPare1966

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2024, 08:02:06 PM »

160 pounds

Around 275$CA

No, when I go on TM I always click resale to off. These were Pearl Jam premium seats, which were the only ones available that werenít resale. I read a bit on it, PJ saves some of the best seats for this ďPJ premiumĒ. Basically just them gouging their fans. I guess the reason these ones arenít sold yet is because of the price.

Gotcha.
First Chair. Last Call.
©1966-2024
All rights reserved.
Void where prohibited.
Your mileage may vary.

wons

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2024, 08:22:53 PM »

I'm just disappointed.

Not really true.

Here:

Mind you that isn't to say it isn't grim - but nearly all these so called 'big acts' playing stadiums and the biggest arenas are same now, greedy bastards.

That would be 120 US dollars including fees which is actually a really good price to see Pearl Jam for. Sure, they may have more expensive tickets, but if there are tickets as cheap as this, then its not that bad.