Spotifyís AI DJ

• 3 Replies

laoghaire

Spotifyís AI DJ
« on: March 26, 2023, 07:01:56 PM »
Seems 2023 is the year early AI has come to town for mass use. Has anyone tried the new DJ function? Iíve just barely started, three songs in, but was pleased when it suggested a song I liked that Iíd never played on Spotify, and hadnít heard in dogsí years. Hoping itíll help me broaden my list.

Soloyan

• I'm not sleeping
    • GREG LEMOND FANS
Re: Spotifyís AI DJ
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2023, 04:55:48 AM »
Not sure what you describe as Spotifyís AI DJ but when Iím listening a tune on Apple Music, it suggests me a list of other tunes that will automatically launch unless I stop them.

Iíve noticed that it works very well with niche artists or obscure songs as it will make you discover you might like and didnít know existed. But wen itís after a very popular song, it switches to another very popular song from the same era but you lose the ę genre Ľ shared DNA a little bit.
A dangerous idea that almost makes sense...

laoghaire

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2023, 11:30:27 AM »
I donít know if it didnít roll out everywhere, but there is a new tool on there, not just the suggested songs. It talks to you and it tells you, like, here are some favorites you havenít heard in a while, or whatever. But the interesting part for me is it slipping some new ones in here and there, mixing them into ones I know.

Amor fati

• Under the white horses
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2023, 01:49:48 PM »
TalkU2 forum must be ahead of the game because we've had our very own AI bot for several years now  ;D