The New and Improved Rythym Section

• 5 Replies

redrunningred

The New and Improved Rythym Section
« on: December 06, 2017, 04:11:53 PM »
Is it just me, or do Larry and Adam have more prominence on this album than SOI. I felt that in SOI the polished production reduced them to really really good session players, but this album, they are on fire! Particularly Adam, whose base licks are the key parts of many tracks, one of the most obvious being The Blackout.
Don't sit at the table
Until you're able to

guest4

Re: The New and Improved Rythym Section
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 04:13:11 PM »
I've said this on a couple of other threads...Adam OWNS this album.

JFW

• Refu-JFW
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 04:54:03 PM »
I'm trying to find out Lights of Home on the guitar at the moment. MAN! I wished I had a bass and a drumkit. Just fantastic! That dark bass in the end of the second verse. Also wondering what they're playing, and what Haim does.

About the rest of the album. I made my fifth (or so) listen where I promised to listen only to the bass. And guess what: it took me by the hand and leaded me all the way through the album. It also let me see other details in the music. So I recommend to follow Adam!  :)
See through in the sunlight

guest4

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 05:19:47 PM »
I'm trying to find out Lights of Home on the guitar at the moment. MAN! I wished I had a bass and a drumkit. Just fantastic! That dark bass in the end of the second verse. Also wondering what they're playing, and what Haim does.

About the rest of the album. I made my fifth (or so) listen where I promised to listen only to the bass. And guess what: it took me by the hand and leaded me all the way through the album. It also let me see other details in the music. So I recommend to follow Adam!  :)
I'd follow him to the ends of the earth (hahaha)

guest20

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 09:23:51 PM »
I'll agree on Adam's part. He continues to further his musicianship on Songs of Experience, which is contrary to the rest of the band. It's a treat to see him continue to grow by ezperimenting with new styles and incorporating elements of different genres on record.

Larry, on the other hand, gave a lackluster effort on this album. His patterns are oversimplified across the board and display no prominence on any of the tracks.

Codeguy

• (He, His, Him, Romeo not Juliette, that fucker)
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 10:00:13 PM »
Adam especially

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
-------

Too tall to be a despot