D. Gilmore's Wife Calls Roger Waters Putin Apologist & Lip-Synching Misogynist

• 60 Replies

SlyDanner

Interesting… and during a show shortly after CNN aired the edited interview (about 6-7 minutes I think??) RW blasted them for ‘making him look like a prick’.

He made himself look like a prick IMO, but it is also very true he does give an entertaining interview…

https://youtu.be/iZsRj3_iDfM

So Cruel

• It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
Well done Mr. and Mrs. Gilmore! Call this clown out for what he is.

The decades-long rift between Pink Floyd’s David Gilmour and Roger Waters doesn’t show signs of mending anytime soon. On Monday, Gilmour’s wife Polly Samson, who helped write several songs after Waters’ left the band in 1985, took to social media to publicly criticize Waters.

“Sadly @rogerwaters you are antisemitic to your rotten core,” wrote Samson on Twitter. “Also a Putin apologist and a lying, thieving, hypocritical, tax-avoiding, lip-synching, misogynistic, sick-with-envy, megalomaniac. Enough of your nonsense.”

Gilmour liked the post, retweeting it, and in a show of support, wrote “Every word demonstrably true.”

Samson’s tweet follows Waters’ interview with German newspaper Berliner Zeitung last week. According to an English translation of the interview on Waters’ website, the 79-year-old musician proceeded to voice a series of controversial views on Ukraine, Putin, and Israel. In the interview he griped about how it was “really, really sad” that his former bandmates recorded a protest song with Ukrainian musician Andrij Chlywnjuk.

Last fall, the Pink Floyd co-founder spoke to Rolling Stone and claimed he was on “a kill list that is supported by the Ukrainian government.”

Following Samson’s post on Monday, Waters’ official Twitter account responded later that afternoon. “Roger Waters is aware of the incendiary and wildly inaccurate comments made about him on Twitter by Polly Samson which he refutes entirely,” stated the post, vaguely noting that he is “currently taking advice on the position.”

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/music/news/pink-floyd-lyricist-calls-roger-waters-putin-apologist-and-lip-synching-misogynist/ar-AA17bnyZ?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=62141b0c07cf4323bbf29ad8d2e63e51
Talk U2 2023 Awards

WINNER - THE ADAM CLAYTON WHO WOULD YOU LIKE TO GO ON A BENDER WITH AWARD

WINNER - THE DAVID LEE ROTH BEST USE OF A MEME/GIF AWARD

laoghaire

So, she helped write some PF songs? I imagine that would be Division Bell stuff.

#findingthemainpoint

So Cruel

So, she helped write some PF songs? I imagine that would be Division Bell stuff.

#findingthemainpoint

Ya, it was later day PF. Kind of odd how that made it into the headline.
Talk U2 2023 Awards

Larry Lovebucket

• Because I’m worth it.
I find these twitter 'disputes' extremely childish. Oasis do the same thing although at least theirs are occasionally 'funny'.

What, I wonder do Gilmour and his wife get out of it? It clearly doesn't wind Waters up. In fact, I dare say he loves it.
©2024

Larry Lovebucket

• Because I’m worth it.
Oh, wait. Gilmour's wife has just released a book...
©2024

MPare1966

• Trying to throw my arms around the world
First Chair. Last Call.
©1966-2024
Presented by Vandelay Industries.
Management: Pendant Publishing.
All rights reserved.
Void where prohibited.
The information contained in this site is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, and usefulness.
Your mileage may vary.

So Cruel

Talk U2 2023 Awards

MPare1966

First Chair. Last Call.
©1966-2024
All rights reserved.
Void where prohibited.
The information contained in this site is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, and usefulness.
Your mileage may vary.

SlyDanner

I find these twitter 'disputes' extremely childish. Oasis do the same thing although at least theirs are occasionally 'funny'.

What, I wonder do Gilmour and his wife get out of it? It clearly doesn't wind Waters up. In fact, I dare say he loves it.

Oh I think it very much gets to Roger... for such a pompous loudmouth, he has very thin skin.

After the interview with Michael Smerconish last August, he blasted the interviewer for 'making him look like a prick.'  He was at that time in the middle of his N America tour and apparently attendance dropped steeply after that interview... lots and lots of empty seats.  Which is awesome.  And I say that as a PF fan and went to see RW on The Wall Tour a few years back.

I was just listening to Smerconish this AM (he has an absolutely stout show on SiriusXM Radio - Channel 124 (Potus Politics) from 6-9am Pacific every weekday day).

Larry Lovebucket

• Because I’m worth it.

Oh I think it very much gets to Roger... for such a pompous loudmouth, he has very thin skin.

After the interview with Michael Smerconish last August, he blasted the interviewer for 'making him look like a prick.'  He was at that time in the middle of his N America tour and apparently attendance dropped steeply after that interview... lots and lots of empty seats.  Which is awesome.  And I say that as a PF fan and went to see RW on The Wall Tour a few years back.

I was just listening to Smerconish this AM (he has an absolutely stout show on SiriusXM Radio - Channel 124 (Potus Politics) from 6-9am Pacific every weekday day).

Yeah well the only reason gilmours wife threw her toys out of the pram was to direct traffic to her latest book.

This shit is so transparent.

Personally, I don’t give a fuck about waters politics. He’s probably an asshole, but then so is bono. Further, waters is right inasmuch as anyone who believes the bullshit we’re fed by the media, is an idiot. The layers of lies and manipulation are impossible to fathom.
©2024

MPare1966

Yeah well the only reason gilmours wife threw her toys out of the pram was to direct traffic to her latest book.

Personally, I don’t give a fuck about waters politics. He’s probably an asshole, but then so is bono. Further, waters is right inasmuch as anyone who believes the bullshit we’re fed by the media, is an idiot. The layers of lies and manipulation are impossible to fathom.

You’re not making any sense. Please clarify, La.
First Chair. Last Call.
©1966-2024
All rights reserved.
Void where prohibited.
Your mileage may vary.

Larry Lovebucket

• Because I’m worth it.

You’re not making any sense. Please clarify, La.

All the commentators calling him anti semitic, misogynist, Ukraine hating yadayada.

Is he those things? Is he even allowed to have an opinion that detracts from the wests imperialistic narrative?

Seems not.
©2024