Jack White making recordings of his shows available

• 5 Replies

Soloyan

• I'm not sleeping
    • GREG LEMOND FANS
A dangerous idea that almost makes sense...

Alphane

• Forever Delayed
Re: Jack White making recordings of his shows available
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2022, 12:54:58 PM »
I wish all artists would do this. We know U2 records everything, so why not make some extra money and sell them?

an tha

• And you can swallow, or you can spit....
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2022, 04:34:01 PM »
I wish all artists would do this. We know U2 records everything, so why not make some extra money and sell them?

Give them 10 years to dub them all - touch up the sound, correct mistakes, add in extra crowd reactions, add in additional keyboards etc and it will all be ready....

Alphane

• Forever Delayed
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2022, 05:23:38 PM »

Give them 10 years to dub them all - touch up the sound, correct mistakes, add in extra crowd reactions, add in additional keyboards etc and it will all be ready....

The weird thing is that they've left mistakes in their live DVDs, so I'll never understand why they would be so precious about soundboard recordings. Any mistakes would likely already be known by those who attended, and those who didn't will typically not care, so it doesn't make any sense. Mistakes are part of the experience.

SlyDanner

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2022, 05:37:24 PM »
Other than the outlier killer / epic performances, some of which we already have on DVD/CD (and even they are often tweaked), I'm not sure the band actually like how they sound, particularly in their earlier years.  They have gone through so many reinventions that the older U2 sound like different human beings.  As great as the early 90s were for example, I can't stand listening to Bono's bizarre inflected voice, such a weird accent, not Irish, not American, not Continental but a mutt hybrid... as if he is trying to sound different to every audience he plays to.

And don't get me started on the 80s... its awful.

Smee

• Howdy. Im Snoopy
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2022, 01:00:14 PM »
Good on Jack White. An excellent idea that i wish u2 would follow. There are a number of concerts over the years, that i would love to have soundboard quality recordings of. Would happily pay for them, if they came with full presentation.
In the garden I was playing the tart
I kissed your lips and broke your heart
You
You were acting like it was the end of the world