Things I would rather listen to watch than Bono or any recent U2 material

• 15 Replies

financeguy1

Include the Stone Roses reformation press conference. I just find them so entertaining, particularly Reni.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV31kNGELUQ

Somewhat surprisingly and with the exception of Ian, they are actually quite praising of U2 when asked about them in the press conference.

an tha

• And you can swallow, or you can spit....
The inside of my eyelids.

Zeropartii

• Living Rent-Free in Your Head
Jersey Shore

Smee

• Howdy. Im Snoopy
Im just about done with this site. It is supposed to be a fan site, but mostly, what i see, is people putting down the band, at every opportunity possible. Hows about you lot celebrate the things you enjoy about u2, than just being negative all the time?
In the garden I was playing the tart
I kissed your lips and broke your heart
You
You were acting like it was the end of the world

acrobat62

• I'm hatching some plot, scheming some scheme

SlyDanner

Im just about done with this site. It is supposed to be a fan site, but mostly, what i see, is people putting down the band, at every opportunity possible. Hows about you lot celebrate the things you enjoy about u2, than just being negative all the time?

Tell Edge's Cat we all say howdy.

Hamman

There are sections on this site where you can find that. U2 Music Talk - U2 Live Talk. You can skip this section if it pisses you off.

When I joined I found out that most people on this site are big fans of U2 in the 1980's and 1990's. Post 2000 is a different story both from a musical stand point and a non musical stand point (taxes, Bono's political ties etc.)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2022, 11:58:21 AM by Hamman »

SlyDanner

There are sections on this site where you can find that. U2 Music Talk - U2 Live Talk. You can skip this section if it pisses you off.

When I joined I found out that most people on this site are big fans of U2 in the 1980's and 1990's. Post 2000 is a different story both from a musical stand point and a non musical stand point (taxes, Bono's political ties etc.)

agree and would also add - there is still plenty in their music I enjoy.  Even some stuff on their last 2 albums.

It's the band themselves (OK, Bono & Edge) who I have grown to be more skeptical of.  Borderline just no interest in listening to their BS.  But I still come back for the music.  It's a bit of a complicated relationship given how far it goes back for a lot of us.

Hamman

agree and would also add - there is still plenty in their music I enjoy.  Even some stuff on their last 2 albums.

It's the band themselves (OK, Bono & Edge) who I have grown to be more skeptical of.  Borderline just no interest in listening to their BS.  But I still come back for the music.  It's a bit of a complicated relationship given how far it goes back for a lot of us.
Yep, very much my feeling as well.

an tha

Complaining about others opinions and telling people what they should post is never a good look in my opinion, pal.

People can and do post about stuff they like, stuff they don't and there is plenty of both.....both are and always have been equally welcome - and frankly will continue to be.

You want to post about stuff you like, or want to praise go ahead - do it......i bet others will continue to do same.

But those who also wish to post about stuff they don't like, or want to criticise - they can and i dare say will continue to do so and in my view should not be knocked for doing so.

Anyway the whole negative/positive 'argument' is beyond boring to me - it has raged on for years and years - it raged on the old atu2 forum, it rages here....it can't be 'won' as nobody is 'right' or 'wrong'

People are free to think what they want about it all and people will either choose to visit and post here because they are happy or they will choose not to because they aren't....it is up to them as individuals.

The forum will be there for those who choose to visit and post and it will be there for those who choose not to too if they want to!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2022, 01:46:15 PM by an tha »

Zeropartii

I just spent 5 hours on a project ranking U2's top 100 songs.  It's published.  Maybe on the off chance that somebody in their circle reads it when picking their next playlist, or songs for their next album.

I love YTBTTAM. Ordinary Love.  The soccer song more than most.  Bono just needs a course correction

MPare1966

• Trying to throw my arms around the world

I just spent 5 hours on a project ranking U2's top 100 songs.  It's published.  Maybe on the off chance that in their circle reads it when picking their next playlist, or songs for their next album.

I love YTBTTAM. Ordinary Love.  The soccer song more than most.  Bono just needs a course correction

He needs the Will Smith treatment.
First Chair. Last Call.

Zeropartii

I just spent 5 hours on a project ranking U2's top 100 songs.  It's published.  Maybe on the off chance that in their circle reads it when picking their next playlist, or songs for their next album.

He needs the Will Smith treatment.

Need a nationalist politician who’s wife has alopecia

Soloyan

• I'm not sleeping
    • GREG LEMOND FANS

Complaining about others opinions and telling people what they should post is never a good look in my opinion, pal.

People can and do post about stuff they like, stuff they don't and there is plenty of both.....both are and always have been equally welcome - and frankly will continue to be.

You want to post about stuff you like, or want to praise go ahead - do it......i bet others will continue to do same.

But those who also wish to post about stuff they don't like, or want to criticise - they can and i dare say will continue to do so and in my view should not be knocked for doing so.

Anyway the whole negative/positive 'argument' is beyond boring to me - it has raged on for years and years - it raged on the old atu2 forum, it rages here....it can't be 'won' as nobody is 'right' or 'wrong'

People are free to think what they want about it all and people will either choose to visit and post here because they are happy or they will choose not to because they aren't....it is up to them as individuals.

The forum will be there for those who choose to visit and post and it will be there for those who choose not to too if they want to!
It reminds me of that sign by the highway : « you’re not stuck in a traffic jam. You ARE the traffic jam ».

Rather than being negative about other people being negative (see the irony ?)… just post the positive stuff that you want to see.

Simple, really.
A dangerous idea that almost makes sense...

an tha

It reminds me of that sign by the highway : « you’re not stuck in a traffic jam. You ARE the traffic jam ».

Rather than being negative about other people being negative (see the irony ?)… just post the positive stuff that you want to see.

Simple, really.

Spot on