Best version of SOE to purchase?

• 19 Replies

ewala23

Re: Best version of SOE to purchase?
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2017, 07:31:23 AM »
Streaming the album will suffice as it's not a great album.
Sadly, after repeated listens of the album, it has already lost its early promise and i'm getting bored of it already.  So, no purchase. I'll save my cash for younger bands who need it more

Sent from my P00A using Tapatalk

Aviastar

• Hey, now...do you know my name?
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2017, 09:38:11 AM »
I bought the deluxe CD (which is on its way!) because I wanted the extra tracks. I'm glad I did.  Set me back about $16.99 with tax and shipping.  I have the SOI vinyl and never really listen to it on that format. I mean, I love vinyl but it's not the most convenient medium...most of the time I am listening to u2 is when I am hiking, walking, at the gym, or working...plus vinyl you have to treat like pieces of jade to maintain the superior sound quality (and also spend a mint on a good turntable - mine's a medicore audio-technica and so there's really not much sound quality advantage).

I am starting to develop a distaste for U2 goo-gaws like the dog tags, fly sunglasses, etc.  Makes me feel like U2 has been "walmartized". I have a U2 cup that I got when I bought a beer at the concert this summer, a hoodie from this year's tour that I got as a birthday present, and a framed poster from a 360 tour stop that I attended (also a gift from someone)...I don't need much else in that dept.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 09:42:25 AM by Aviastar »
My U2 Top 10: The Unforgettable Fire, Acrobat, New Year's Day, Gloria, The Fly, A Sort of Homecoming, Where The Streets Have No Name, Bad, Ultra Violet (Light My Way), Drowning Man

guest4

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2017, 09:58:25 AM »
I really want the deluxe cd, but since I'm supposed to be getting a free cd for purchasing tickets, I don't know if I'll spend the extra $$$ right now. Of course, as soon as I walk by it in a store, the bad angel in my head will see it and it will magically appear in my hands and I'll race to the cash register and buy it before the good angel in my head says NO.

Kmama07

• She is everywhere and no place
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2017, 10:11:50 AM »
I really want the deluxe cd, but since I'm supposed to be getting a free cd for purchasing tickets, I don't know if I'll spend the extra $$$ right now. Of course, as soon as I walk by it in a store, the bad angel in my head will see it and it will magically appear in my hands and I'll race to the cash register and buy it before the good angel in my head says NO.
Listen to deluxe version you haven't downloaded yet.
It's Friday in Australia
😈
Hey, hey, sha la la

guest4

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2017, 10:32:32 AM »
Listen to deluxe version you haven't downloaded yet.
It's Friday in Australia
😈
:o