Another list - Every Rock & Roll HoF Inductee ranked from best to Bon Jovi

• 10 Replies

acrobat62

• I'm hatching some plot, scheming some scheme

imaginary friend

• everyone's got a great album in them 💿
Can't put BJ at the bottom when KISS is in there.
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
pick a station anywhere   http://radio.garden/listen/magic-fm/82GNMn3f

add some fun to your life while learning about music:   https://codepen.io/jakealbaugh/full/qNrZyw

Achtung Baby

That's quite the project there.  Thanks for sharing.  There can obviously be only so much agreement with a 227 item list.  That said, #1 is certainly accurate in my books!  I agree with the assessment of U2 being inductees based solely on their 80s output.  I'm glad things didn't end there though for the band.  I guess Nickelback would be a contender for Bon Jovi's spot on the list should they ever be inducted?
We Get To Carry Each Other

Shank Asu

• can't fight for sh-- but sure can take a beating
So many great bands deserve a place in there that will never get a nod.
The Damned
The Buzzcocks
The Cramps

Are New Order or Depeche Mode even in the hall?

The things that bugs me about U2 and the HOF is that they're a band that actually cares about stuff like this.

Shank Asu

That's a big list to sort through but a few initial notes are Nirvana is way too high given their short career and i think in hindsite their long-term influence on music wasn't so big.
Patti Smith i would place near the bottom.  I just don't understand why she gets so much praise.

Achtung Baby

The Damned
The Buzzcocks
The Cramps

The things that bugs me about U2 and the HOF is that they're a band that actually cares about stuff like this.

Depeche Mode - yes
New Order - no

acrobat62

• I'm hatching some plot, scheming some scheme
That's a big list to sort through but a few initial notes are Nirvana is way too high given their short career and i think in hindsite their long-term influence on music wasn't so big.
Patti Smith i would place near the bottom.  I just don't understand why she gets so much praise.

Gotta agree on Nirvana.  I never really got the attraction and think they are one of the more overrated bands out there.

Achtung Baby

Gotta agree on Nirvana.  I never really got the attraction and think they are one of the more overrated bands out there.

Aside from some notable exceptions, I tend to value career longevity highly as well.  Ushering in the grunge movement likely has that effect on Nirvana's place in this list.  Of course, even Hall induction can be just as subjective at times as this list and its rationale behind the placements of the various bands and artists on it.

Codeguy

• In the shadows
This is a very lopsided list. If you happened to be around in the 50's - 70's you are automatically high on the list even if you're not epic.
-------

Too tall to be a despot

Shank Asu

The Damned
The Buzzcocks
The Cramps

Depeche Mode - yes
New Order - no
thanks for answering my question.  I can't see how New Order isn't in.  One of the biggest singles in music history.  Longevity.  So many great tracks.

Achtung Baby

The Damned
The Buzzcocks
The Cramps

Depeche Mode - yes
New Order - no
thanks for answering my question.  I can't see how New Order isn't in.  One of the biggest singles in music history.  Longevity.  So many great tracks.

Not a problem.  Blue Monday, Bizarre Love Triangle, True Faith, Regret...sounds like more than some inductees were able to manage.  I can understand the element of surprise in some ways.  A time period of 25 years after the release of the first record - along with having influence and significance on other artists - doesn't make for much clarity to go by though come induction time.