SlyDanner

Re: Missed opportunity: Flowering rose of Glastonbury
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2021, 03:13:42 PM »
very good read - thanks for sharing

John Galt

• Free Britney
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2021, 03:22:19 PM »
You talk a lot about Christianity for an atheist.

They probably didn't perform Glastonbury because it was a weak song and because they couldn't be bothered sufficiently rehearsing it so that they would not embarrass themselves on the night.

At the end of the day their Glasto performance was just another day at the office for them.  A bad day as it turned out.

restofit

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2021, 08:51:22 PM »

As an atheist myself, I can guarantee he feels the same way about all religions, but talks mostly about Christianity due to it's unfortunate prevalence & detrimental impact on modern western society and politics (particularly in the USA).

« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 09:00:07 PM by restofit »

John Galt

• Free Britney
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2021, 08:58:39 PM »

As an atheist myself, I can guarantee he feels the same way about all religions, but talks mostly about Christianity due to it's unfortunate prevalence & detrimental impact on modern western society and politics (particularly in the USA).

Do you scour the forum looking for any references to God or religion?  I don't understand why you're even on a forum dedicated to a largely Christian band.

MPare1966

• Trying to throw my arms around the world
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2021, 09:02:14 PM »

Do you scour the forum looking for any references to God or religion?  I don't understand why you're even on a forum dedicated to a largely Christian band.

Says the far-right conservative, who’s on a forum dedicated to a largely liberal band.  ::)
First Chair. Last Call.

restofit

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2021, 09:05:25 PM »

I don't imagine the members of U2 would fit your idea of 'Christian' by any means at all. They're progressive types. They are for killing babies didn't you know? Why are you on a forum dedicated to a group of liberal musicians?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 09:10:33 PM by restofit »

Magnificence

• At the end of the storm there's a Golden Sky
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2021, 09:08:05 PM »

I don't imagine the members of U2 would fit your idea of 'Christian' by any means at all. They're progressive types. They are for killing babies didn't you know? Why are you on a forum dedicated to a group of liberal musicians?

Is this why they bring guns to shows... to kill babies?
“I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee”
Hebrews 13:5

John Galt

• Free Britney
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2021, 09:11:03 PM »

I don't imagine the members of U2 would fit your idea of 'Christian' by any means at all. They're progressive types. Didn't you know they are for killing babies? Why are you on a forum dedicated to a group of loony-left wing musicians?

You don't know my idea of Christianity.  Bono most definitely believes in God and is a Christian.  The Edge and Larry too.  You're a stranger in a strange land.

restofit

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2021, 09:25:32 PM »
Religion: Sweet lie which promises you everything you wished for after you die.

Atheism: Hard truth about the dark emptiness after the death.

Of course people don't want to handle the hard truth about life & death.. that's why religion will always be popular.

Having said that, you'll have a hard time finding religious people in Nordic Countries. Something like 85% of the population are atheist, & the rest are either very-old, or immigrants from middle eastern countries.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 10:00:15 PM by restofit »

John Galt

• Free Britney
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2021, 09:29:40 PM »
I bet you're the life and soul of the party, restofit.

Codeguy

• In the shadows
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2021, 10:22:46 PM »
Yeah, cause people tend to light up parties by saying "Have you recognized Jesus as your personal savior?" ;D

Sober me will probably regret this post in the morning, but seriously guys what the fuck? You try to put a bit of original content about the band on a fansite and immediately everyone fucks each other up because they don't like the subject matter of a fucking U2 song? You don't have to agree! One love, one life and all that.
-------

Too tall to be a despot

MPare1966

• Trying to throw my arms around the world
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2021, 10:32:49 PM »
Yeah, cause people tend to light up parties by saying "Have you recognized Jesus as your personal savior?" ;D

Sober me will probably regret this post in the morning, but seriously guys what the fuck? You try to put a bit of original content about the band on a fansite and immediately everyone fucks each other up because they don't like the subject matter of a fucking U2 song? You don't have to agree! One love, one life and all that.

You very well know who started it. Great read btw, Code.
First Chair. Last Call.

Codeguy

• In the shadows
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2021, 11:16:38 PM »

You very well know who started it. Great read btw, Code.

The 'old place' used to do interesting articles called "like a song" where they would dissect individual songs - when we first started out here I was hoping we'd have a few high-quality contributors who were willing to dig beneath the surface of things and start up something like that - there's always something deeper than the surface in the songs, and I always appreciated those articles and the contributors who wrote them
-------

Too tall to be a despot