Soloyan

• I'm not sleeping
    • GREG LEMOND FANS
U2 Autographs
« on: January 30, 2021, 05:06:57 AM »
Who here has autographs ?

Did you get them yourself ?

Whatís the story ?

Iím opening this thread to celebrate the fact that I managed to grab an item signed by all 4 :

TUF tour programme.

Incidentally, thatís my only Larry Mullen Jr autograph, since heís not signing anymore.
A dangerous idea that almost makes sense...

riffraff

• A presence I can feel.
Re: U2 Autographs
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2021, 06:35:01 AM »
Thrill of a lifetime: I framed this pic that my guy took of Adam and I...and put the pic and the hard-copy ticket that he signed for me in the frame. It resides in our kitchen, on the counter.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 06:43:25 AM by riffraff »
Don't believe in riches, but you should see where I live.

So Cruel

• It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2021, 08:17:21 AM »
The year was 1997. A young 23 year old So Cruel, full of piss & vinegar, did a summer college road trip with 2 buddies from Vancouver to Edmonton to see the Popmart show.

We pull into town the afternoon before the show and settle down in our hotel. So whatís the first thing a college kid does? Go out to get beer of course. So we walk out the hotel and find a liquor store not far away. I buy myself a case of Heineken and we leave the store. I see a crowd gathered at another hotel and wonder what the hell is going on there?

We walk over towards the crowd and itís Bono and Edge signing for fans. My 2 buddies stay back as the crowd was pretty deep and it looked like there was no way to get to them, but a young So Cruel, full of piss and vinegar, is not deterred. I grab a bottle of Heineken and make my way through the crowd. Bono is there, all 5í5 of him signing albums, posters, tour books, etc.. So Cruel reaches out with the bottle of beer to him and he takes it and smirks. He signs it and hands it back to me.

So the next morning we are walking and I stop at a shop to get the local paper. Flip through and what do I see? A picture of So Cruelís arm extending out while Bono smirks signing his Heineken bottle.

The concert was fucking epic as well.
Definitive U2 Top 10: 1. One, 2. Bad, 3. With Or Without You, 4. Running to Stand Still, 5. So Cruel, 6. Ultraviolet, 7. I Still Havenít Found What Iím Looking For, 8. Hawkmoon 269, 9. Red Hill Mining Town, 10. Luminous Times

riffraff

• A presence I can feel.
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2021, 08:23:30 AM »
The year was 1997. A young 23 year old So Cruel, full of piss & vinegar, did a summer college road trip with 2 buddies from Vancouver to Edmonton to see the Popmart show.

We pull into town the afternoon before the show and settle down in our hotel. So whatís the first thing a college kid does? Go out to get beer of course. So we walk out the hotel and find a liquor store not far away. I buy myself a case of Heineken and we leave the store. I see a crowd gathered at another hotel and wonder what the hell is going on there?

We walk over towards the crowd and itís Bono and Edge signing for fans. My 2 buddies stay back as the crowd was pretty deep and it looked like there was no way to get to them, but a young So Cruel, full of piss and vinegar, is not deterred. I grab a bottle of Heineken and make my way through the crowd. Bono is there, all 5í5 of him signing albums, posters, tour books, etc.. So Cruel reaches out with the bottle of beer to him and he takes it and smirks. He signs it and hands it back to me.

So the next morning we are walking and I stop at a shop to get the local paper. Flip through and what do I see? A picture of So Cruelís arm extending out while Bono smirks signing his Heineken bottle.

This gave me goosebumps! Very cool...

John Galt

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2021, 09:55:33 AM »

And later, Mrs So Cruel put the bottle in recycling while she was "tidying up".  "Where's my fucking Bono bottle gone?"

Smee

• Howdy. Im Snoopy
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2021, 10:00:35 AM »
I wouldnt take the risk in buying anything allegedly signed by the band. So many fakes out there. The only way i could be sure signatures were legit, were if i got them myself. And truth be told, im not really the kind of person that would hang about in a crowd to get something signed.
In the garden I was playing the tart
I kissed your lips and broke your heart
You
You were acting like it was the end of the world

Magnificence

• At the end of the storm there's a Golden Sky
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2021, 10:39:24 AM »

Why the smirk, not his favorite brand?

He was in the world, and the world was made by Him, and the world knew Him not.

John 1:10

laoghaire

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2021, 11:11:32 AM »
So Cruel, you left out two key pieces of info.

Where is the bottle of Heiney today?

And the scan of the newspaper photo.

laoghaire

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2021, 11:15:03 AM »
Soloyan, the way they signed it is really funny.

Bono
Adam
Edge

Larry

Soloyan

• I'm not sleeping
    • GREG LEMOND FANS
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2021, 11:23:36 AM »
Soloyan, the way they signed it is really funny.

Bono
Adam
Edge

Larry
You mean Larry has a small one ?

laoghaire

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2021, 11:30:39 AM »
Maybe he doesn't have to compensate  8)

riffraff

• A presence I can feel.
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2021, 12:17:05 PM »
This is just too funny!

So Cruel

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2021, 12:20:48 PM »

The bottle and the newspaper photo are in a box in my garage. Last time I moved I put them there and havenít touched it.
Definitive U2 Top 10: 1. One, 2. Bad, 3. With Or Without You, 4. Running to Stand Still, 5. So Cruel, 6. Ultraviolet, 7. I Still Havenít Found What Iím Looking For, 8. Hawkmoon 269, 9. Red Hill Mining Town, 10. Luminous Times

Soloyan

• I'm not sleeping
    • GREG LEMOND FANS
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2021, 12:56:17 PM »

The bottle and the newspaper photo are in a box in my garage. Last time I moved I put them there and havenít touched it.
Well... maybe us asking you to is a fun thing to consider ?

So Cruel

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2021, 01:26:59 PM »

Well... maybe us asking you to is a fun thing to consider ?

Ya, to be honest I kinda forgot about for a long time. What I think Iím gonna do is at some point take it in, get it all done up in a nice glass box and put it on display in my office. Iíll go find it this week and take a few pictures to post.