MBTI

• 21 Replies

AndresP914

MBTI
« on: January 08, 2021, 07:08:24 PM »
Last year my best friend Kelly introduced me into a test called 16personalities.com. At first you might think "another Buzzfeed-like quiz to know which kind of sandwich you are" but this is actually based in psychological theories. It classifies people into 16 personalities according to 4 main criteria, and personally, I feel really identified with my personality type, and also I strongly relate my friends who took the test to their respective personality types. I know human is too complex and it can't be reduced to a single description, but still, it is a good approach to understanding yourself and the people you interact with. Now the important question is: Is anybody here into MBTI 16 personalities? Would be nice getting to discuss about it.
Blessings are not just for the ones who kneel, luckily.

financeguy1

Re: MBTI
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2021, 10:51:02 PM »
Yes I'm a fan of the framework. I am INTJ. In fact I was recently looking online for some kind of a guide to personal development for my MBTI type but have yet to find anything of note.

AndresP914

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2021, 11:29:27 PM »
Yes I'm a fan of the framework. I am INTJ. In fact I was recently looking online for some kind of a guide to personal development for my MBTI type but have yet to find anything of note.

Heyyyyyyyyyyyy, that is really nice to know!! I like INTJs, my best friend Jorge is one too! I guess there might be something in the 16personalities.com page, isn't it? Do you feel identified with INTJ?

financeguy1

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2021, 12:00:20 AM »

Heyyyyyyyyyyyy, that is really nice to know!! I like INTJs, my best friend Jorge is one too! I guess there might be something in the 16personalities.com page, isn't it? Do you feel identified with INTJ?

Yes I do feel identified with INTJ, I have done the test on numerous occasions, including in a classroom setting.

What type are you?

I personally despise INTJ's, even though I am one.

WookieeWarrior

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2021, 12:15:12 AM »
I took this thing three times over the course of high school. Each time I got INTJ-T. (The T means turbulent, opposite of assertive on that spectrum.)

It always seemed like Barnum effect nonsense to me, but there's certainly more to it than other personality tests.

I can't say how I feel about other INTJs... I don't think I know any in real life.

ENFPs are supposed to make a good pair with us. That makes sense to me. I often wish I were a more emotive person.

MPare1966

• Trying to throw my arms around the world
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2021, 12:23:01 AM »
Every time I did that test over the years, itís been INFJ for me or what they call The Advocate.

Maybe thatís true, since I studied law?  ???  ;D

I do recognize myself in most of the characteristics of the INFJ personality, but not all.
First Chair. Last Call.

AndresP914

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2021, 01:42:05 AM »

Yes I do feel identified with INTJ, I have done the test on numerous occasions, including in a classroom setting.

What type are you?

Despising your very own personality is soooooooo INTJ hahaha :/ but noooo, there are lots of qualities INTJs have, as every single personality type, there will be always pros and cons!

I am an ESFJ :D

AndresP914

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2021, 01:46:11 AM »
Every time I did that test over the years, itís been INFJ for me or what they call The Advocate.

I do recognize myself in most of the characteristics of the INFJ personality, but not all.

That is interesting, law and advocate, pretty convenient combination... INFJs are niceeee, the ones I know might seem to be silent and shy people, but when they aren't agree with something, they are very bold and determined to defend their own beliefs... and of course, I guess the thing with MBTI and psychological theories generally, is understanding that nothing is black or white, no one is just one personality type

financeguy1

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2021, 01:48:07 AM »

What type are you?

Despising your very own personality is soooooooo INTJ hahaha :/ but noooo, there are lots of qualities INTJs have, as every single personality type, there will be always pros and cons!

Hahahaha....indeed.  ;D

AndresP914

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2021, 01:52:09 AM »
I took this thing three times over the course of high school. Each time I got INTJ-T. (The T means turbulent, opposite of assertive on that spectrum.)

It always seemed like Barnum effect nonsense to me, but there's certainly more to it than other personality tests.

I can't say how I feel about other INTJs... I don't think I know any in real life.

ENFPs are supposed to make a good pair with us. That makes sense to me. I often wish I were a more emotive person.

yeah, that Barnum effect thing might be true, but indeed it goes deeper than other theories, at least is better than zodiac haha (not comparable at all, I know, just joking)... well, idk you but my INTJ friend is emotive, it is just that he doesn't open to everybody, so you might seem to be a stone but I bet deep in our heart you feel a lot... so I guess it is just about letting flow the feelings (with someone you feel safe and comfortable of course) :)

AndresP914

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2021, 01:53:54 AM »

What type are you?

Hahahaha....indeed.  ;D

;)

AndresP914

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2021, 01:56:01 AM »

What type are you?

Hahahaha....indeed.  ;D

which type do you think is Bono?

WookieeWarrior

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2021, 04:08:29 AM »

yeah, that Barnum effect thing might be true, but indeed it goes deeper than other theories, at least is better than zodiac haha (not comparable at all, I know, just joking)... well, idk you but my INTJ friend is emotive, it is just that he doesn't open to everybody, so you might seem to be a stone but I bet deep in our heart you feel a lot... so I guess it is just about letting flow the feelings (with someone you feel safe and comfortable of course) :)

That's actually something I've noticed more about myself in a recent stretch of time. I think I've been left a rather retiring person emotionally... so few people grasp our understanding of the world, and my parents are no exception. Growing up an INTJ is difficult.

John Galt

• Free Britney
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2021, 05:49:47 AM »
I'm a Piscean and I think there's a lot of truth in the signs of the Zodiac.

MPare1966

• Trying to throw my arms around the world
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2021, 08:50:02 AM »

That is interesting, law and advocate, pretty convenient combination... INFJs are niceeee, the ones I know might seem to be silent and shy people, but when they aren't agree with something, they are very bold and determined to defend their own beliefs... and of course, I guess the thing with MBTI and psychological theories generally, is understanding that nothing is black or white, no one is just one personality type

Silent and shy, definitely in the real world, not so much in here.  ;D

First Chair. Last Call.