How do you browse/read here?

• 17 Replies

an tha

• And you can swallow, or you can spit....
How do you browse/read here?
« on: October 05, 2020, 01:47:08 PM »
Interested in understanding how people dig into here and use here as it can help us tweak user experience/inform functionality etc....

So we would be grateful if you'd take a few moments to let us know:

When you log on how do you usually access posts/new posts?

Is it a case of going to a particular section and then reading the posts in there?

Do you just click on "View the most recent posts on the forum" and scan down that list and then click on posts you are interested in?

Do you tend to look in every section and click on stuff marked new?

Do you have alerts set up so you 'follow' the threads you like and just read and reply to them?

Which sections do you browse most?

Which sections do you browse least or never?

Any sections you think it would be good if we added?

Is the forum easy to follow?

Do you feel it is easy to stay up to date with new threads/posts?

Is forum tidy enough?

Anything else you feel we should know about how you browse or would like to browse?

Questions i have asked are a just a guide really, you can answer some, all or none and you are very welcome to add comments related to browsing and ease of use etc that you feel matter.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 01:51:31 PM by an tha »

laoghaire

Re: How do you browse/read here?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2020, 02:06:47 PM »
It works great for me.

Number one, the forum itself is easy on the browser. This is one of the few sites I can load with zero issues on my PreCambrian Safari.

I make use of the Ignore Boards feature so I never ever have to see games or stories about Larry's penis.

I click Unread Posts for each section and view the updated threads. That feature is buggy on some foums but not here.

I don't care if other sections are added but would lean against it. No need to create unneeded complexity.

The Exile

• The public enemy don't mean shit to Chuck D.
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2020, 03:44:51 PM »
I usually come here in the morning when I sit down at my desk, and pretty much just get caught up on the General U2 Discussion and Music threads, and that's it. If you're gonna change stuff, that red-ish color on the banner sucks. Make it blue or some shit.
Listen as Hope and Peace try to rhyme,
Listen over marching bands playing out their time.

MPare1966

• Trying to throw my arms around the world
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2020, 05:22:05 PM »
Interested in understanding how people dig into here and use here as it can help us tweak user experience/inform functionality etc....

When you log on how do you usually access posts/new posts?  Safari on my ipad. Sometimes Firefox at the office

Is it a case of going to a particular section and then reading the posts in there? I read everything (exept word games)

Do you just click on "View the most recent posts on the forum" and scan down that list and then click on posts you are interested in? as above

Do you tend to look in every section and click on stuff marked new? I use the new posts function

Do you have alerts set up so you 'follow' the threads you like and just read and reply to them? Nope

Which sections do you browse most? All, except games

Which sections do you browse least or never? Word games

Any sections you think it would be good if we added? PJ Harvey should have here own forum  ;D

Is the forum easy to follow? Very

Do you feel it is easy to stay up to date with new threads/posts? Yes

Is forum tidy enough? Yes to my taste

Anything else you feel we should know about how you browse or would like to browse?

Questions i have asked are a just a guide really, you can answer some, all or none and you are very welcome to add comments related to browsing and ease of use etc that you feel matter.

Cheers.
First Chair. Last Call.

an tha

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2020, 06:13:46 PM »

When you log on how do you usually access posts/new posts?  Safari on my ipad. Sometimes Firefox at the office

Is it a case of going to a particular section and then reading the posts in there? I read everything (exept word games)

Do you just click on "View the most recent posts on the forum" and scan down that list and then click on posts you are interested in? as above

Do you tend to look in every section and click on stuff marked new? I use the new posts function

Do you have alerts set up so you 'follow' the threads you like and just read and reply to them? Nope

Which sections do you browse most? All, except games

Which sections do you browse least or never? Word games

Any sections you think it would be good if we added? PJ Harvey should have here own forum  ;D

Is the forum easy to follow? Very

Do you feel it is easy to stay up to date with new threads/posts? Yes

Is forum tidy enough? Yes to my taste

Cheers.

'Mazin, man.

I must admit the idea of relaunching this place as 'talkfuckinggoddess.com' is very tempting, but sadly the rest of the admin/mod team out vote me every time (every 3 hrs) i suggest it....

SwimmingSorrows

• In a room full of martyrs, who gets the credit?
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2020, 06:25:25 PM »
When you log on how do you usually access posts/new posts?

Is it a case of going to a particular section and then reading the posts in there?  Yep

Do you just click on "View the most recent posts on the forum" and scan down that list and then click on posts you are interested in?   Nope

Do you tend to look in every section and click on stuff marked new?  I usually look in U2 general, U2 music, and General Music and look at new posts that intrigue me or posts I've replied to already.

Do you have alerts set up so you 'follow' the threads you like and just read and reply to them?  No alerts set up

Which sections do you browse least or never? Don't really touch the politics section anymore.

Is the forum easy to follow?  yeah

Do you feel it is easy to stay up to date with new threads/posts?  yeah

Is forum tidy enough?  yeah

Anything else you feel we should know about how you browse or would like to browse?  nope
There's a bible verse,
says the last one shall be first.
Well, if that verse is true,
there's hope for me and you.
-Kevin Kerby

Magnificence

• the heaven you keep = you stole
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2020, 08:20:48 AM »
like another poster said above, i find myself posting mainly in the music forum(s) and rarely elsewhere

i prefer the view from the mountaintops

and while the view is picturesque, unlike the horses, i've no reason to run loose through the valleys below

the fog is often thicker than you think, the unmarked graves are second to only minefields

enough spooks in the wind now as it is

dusk and dawn if you're going to take a crack at it...

but buyer beware, if the devil truly wanted peace in the valley, she wouldn't look the way she does

*oh, i have been asking for a lemon emoji for a couple of months
**  a mirrorball lemon or pop themed banner would suffice as well   :)
white dopes on punk ~ staring into the flash `*+'"

laoghaire

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2020, 10:42:47 AM »
It's true, some additional emojis could help us express ourselves more deeply and profoundly to each other.

Soloyan

• I'm not sleeping
    • GREG LEMOND FANS
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2020, 07:23:09 AM »
When you log on how do you usually access posts/new posts? Yes, mainly.

Is it a case of going to a particular section and then reading the posts in there? Also, yes : general u2 talk, u2 music talk, u2 live talk, general music and chat & fun are my places of choice.

Do you just click on "View the most recent posts on the forum" and scan down that list and then click on posts you are interested in? basically.

Do you tend to look in every section and click on stuff marked new? Not if I'm not interested in the section or the subject of the post.

Do you have alerts set up so you 'follow' the threads you like and just read and reply to them? Yes. On Tapatalk.

Which sections do you browse most? General u2 and U2 music

Which sections do you browse least or never? all the sections that I didn't name in Q2

Any sections you think it would be good if we added? Can't think of any

Is the forum easy to follow? It's ok. It's the last forum i'm active in, which says a lot about how much I like it.

Do you feel it is easy to stay up to date with new threads/posts? Yes and no. On Tapatalk, the browsing isn't as clear but when you click on a subject, you jump right where you last came in. That's helpful.

Is forum tidy enough? What's tidy ?

Anything else you feel we should know about how you browse or would like to browse? Not really, sorry.

Now that I think about it, there are 1 thing that annoys me :
-I don't share the same timezone as the majority of posters which means I'm usually on my own when I post and long conversations are engaged when I'm sleeping... But there isn't much we can do about it  ;D

« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 07:26:16 AM by Soloyan »
A dangerous idea that almost makes sense...

an tha

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2020, 12:31:55 PM »
When you log on how do you usually access posts/new posts? Yes, mainly.

Is it a case of going to a particular section and then reading the posts in there? Also, yes : general u2 talk, u2 music talk, u2 live talk, general music and chat & fun are my places of choice.

Do you just click on "View the most recent posts on the forum" and scan down that list and then click on posts you are interested in? basically.

Do you tend to look in every section and click on stuff marked new? Not if I'm not interested in the section or the subject of the post.

Do you have alerts set up so you 'follow' the threads you like and just read and reply to them? Yes. On Tapatalk.

Which sections do you browse most? General u2 and U2 music

Which sections do you browse least or never? all the sections that I didn't name in Q2

Any sections you think it would be good if we added? Can't think of any

Is the forum easy to follow? It's ok. It's the last forum i'm active in, which says a lot about how much I like it.

Do you feel it is easy to stay up to date with new threads/posts? Yes and no. On Tapatalk, the browsing isn't as clear but when you click on a subject, you jump right where you last came in. That's helpful.

Is forum tidy enough? What's tidy ?

Anything else you feel we should know about how you browse or would like to browse? Not really, sorry.

Now that I think about it, there are 1 thing that annoys me :
-I don't share the same timezone as the majority of posters which means I'm usually on my own when I post and long conversations are engaged when I'm sleeping... But there isn't much we can do about it  ;D

Please let us know which timezone you would like to live in and we'll get onto effecting a change in your country to that timezone.

;)

laoghaire

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2020, 01:16:40 PM »
I think you're overcomplicating things, an tha. We obviously just all need to move to France.

an tha

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2020, 04:50:51 PM »
I think you're overcomplicating things, an tha. We obviously just all need to move to France.

pourquoi n'ai-je pas pensé à ça

MPare1966

• Trying to throw my arms around the world
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2020, 04:57:33 PM »

I see Google Translate works better than ever.  ;)
First Chair. Last Call.

an tha

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2020, 05:06:50 PM »

I see Google Translate works better than ever.  ;)

Aviastar

• Hey, now...do you know my name?
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2020, 08:21:42 PM »
There are a few too many sections on the forum for me to really look at it that way...so I just end up going to "New Posts" and see what I've missed. I've been visiting every couple of days.

One thing I am not into is album/song rankings. I just feel like it's been done to death on this and other forums. I avoid those. I like anything U2 news, stick my nose into current events periodically, and then mental health.
Hold on, people! The man's talking about waste management. That affects the whole damn planet.