Sinatra, Kennedy, and the Mob

• 10 Replies

So Cruel

• It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
« on: September 05, 2020, 03:15:17 PM »
Watching the documentary Sinatra: All or Nothing at All and thereís an interesting segment on the relationship between Sinatra and John F Kennedy and the role Sinatra played in the election of JFK.

JFKís father, Joseph Kennedy, called Sinatra and asked him to speak to his Mob connections to deliver the union vote in tight States. Sinatra called Sam Giancana, the Chicago Mob Boss, and Giancana delivered the union votes, and by doing so was under the impression that the administration would lighten the fight against the mob.

JFK won the election, but things went downhill in his relationship with Sinatra. JFK was carrying on an affair with a woman he had been introduced to by Sinatra. This woman was also having an affair with mob boss Giancana. The FBI who was keeping tabs on her noticed she was calling the White House on a frequent basis. JE Hoover spoke to Bobby Kennedy who in turn spoke to his brother and told him to stay away from Sinatra and this mistress.

On top of all this, JFKís father Joseph instructed his son to pick his brother Bobby as the Attorney General. This infuriated the Mob as Bobby Kennedy was an anti-mob crusader. Bobby turned up the pressure on the Mob and Giancana was pissed as he had helped Kennedy get elected and now the administration was going hard after them. There were Mobsters on FBI tapes that were talking about assassinating Sinatra and other Rat Pack members.

A bit of history to what led to the assassination of John F Kennedy and then Bobby Kennedy.   
Definitive U2 Top 10: 1. One, 2. Bad, 3. With Or Without You, 4. Running to Stand Still, 5. So Cruel, 6. Ultraviolet, 7. I Still Havenít Found What Iím Looking For, 8. Hawkmoon 269, 9. Red Hill Mining Town, 10. Luminous Times

John Galt

• He's Going to Dream Out Loud!
Re: Sinatra, Kennedy, and the Mob
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2020, 03:57:18 PM »
He was right to pick Bobby as AG.

"I am awake"

- Walter White

So Cruel

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2020, 05:36:49 PM »

Well, Bobby was the Kennedy who really tried to do a lot of good. Ends up though that picking him as the Attorney General cost both of them their lives. You canít cross the Mob.
Definitive U2 Top 10: 1. One, 2. Bad, 3. With Or Without You, 4. Running to Stand Still, 5. So Cruel, 6. Ultraviolet, 7. I Still Havenít Found What Iím Looking For, 8. Hawkmoon 269, 9. Red Hill Mining Town, 10. Luminous Times

John Galt

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2020, 05:48:40 PM »

Well, Bobby was the Kennedy who really tried to do a lot of good. Ends up though that picking him as the Attorney General cost both of them their lives. You canít cross the Mob.

Which mob? ;)  It can be dangerous to be a good man in this world.
"I am awake"

- Walter White

Smee

• Howdy. Im Snoopy
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2020, 05:56:39 PM »
I was wondering what the Mob are up to these days. We never hear about them. Shpuld be a netflix docu made, following the Mob in 2020. I watch quite a lot of Mafia docs on tv. So many people have ratted on the Mob, yet they live to this day. Im curious as to why they aint been wacked
In the garden I was playing the tart
I kissed your lips and broke your heart
You
You were acting like it was the end of the world

Soloyan

• I'm not sleeping
    • GREG LEMOND FANS
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2020, 03:25:33 AM »
It reminds me of a journalist asking Paul Anka why he never wrote hi memoirs. He said "if I said everything I know I'd end up dead and my family too".
A dangerous idea that almost makes sense...

Codeguy

• ^ This man does not exist ^
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2020, 05:37:59 PM »
Not sure about the mob connections to the two Kennedy assassinations ..... is there evidence of this?
I mean we didnít get to hear from LHO and Sirhan Sirhan testified that he had 20 years of pent up hostility towards Bobby Kennedy and seemed mentally ill

Neither strikes me as a mob hit 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 05:41:49 PM by Codeguy »
--------
< - This man does not exist.

So Cruel

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2020, 09:29:37 PM »
I think the Mob was involved. When JFK assigned Robert Kennedy as AG he went hard after Jimmy Hoffa, the teamsters, and the mob. It riled them up pretty good because they helped JFK get elected.

The attorney for Hoffa wrote in his book that Hoffa arranged with 2 Mob bosses for the assassination of JFK. One of those Mob bosses, Santos Trafficante, confirmed his involvement before he died.

Frank Sheeran, who the Scorsese movie the Irishman is based on, said he was ordered to deliver 3 rifles to Dallas before JFK was killed.

I think itís more than likely that the Mob was involved in both Kennedy assassinationís.

John Galt

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2020, 09:44:36 PM »
I believe the Deep State was involved.

"I am awake"

- Walter White

Soloyan

• I'm not sleeping
    • GREG LEMOND FANS
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2020, 03:47:14 AM »
Not sure about the mob connections to the two Kennedy assassinations ..... is there evidence of this?
I mean we didnít get to hear from LHO and Sirhan Sirhan testified that he had 20 years of pent up hostility towards Bobby Kennedy and seemed mentally ill

Neither strikes me as a mob hit 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remember at the end of the Oliver Stone movie JFK ? They gave the date of the release of the classified documents about his assassination. I seem to recall it happened a few years ago and investigators were disappointed as it all pointed out to Oswald. Need to check, though.
A dangerous idea that almost makes sense...

So Cruel

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2020, 10:13:31 AM »
Some of the documents released point towards the mob. Why did Jack Ruby kill Oswald? Does anyone really buy that he was so upset about JFK so he killed Oswald in front of everyone. Thatís pretty far fetched.

One of the documents released disputes the Warren commissionís finding that Ruby wasnít at the murder site of JFK. The document says Ruby beforehand asked a friend ďdo you want to see the fireworksĒ and was on-site when the murder happened.

It had long been rumoured Ruby had mob ties and was in debt to them. The fact he knew about JFKís murder before it happened shows he was somehow connected and itís pretty far fetched that he killed Oswald because he was such a big JFK fan.