Cocteau Twins

• 5 Replies

an tha

• And you can swallow, or you can spit....
Cocteau Twins
« on: August 26, 2020, 09:38:31 AM »
Was into them a bit years ago, but never really fully.

Been on a bit of a kick with them of late and finding myself really getting into them.

Any fans around these parts?

Not seen them mentioned a lot....

WookieeWarrior

Re: Cocteau Twins
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2020, 09:52:19 AM »
I enjoy Heaven Or Las Vegas, but that's all I know them for. It appears that's a late-career record for the band as well, which is unusual. (Usually, if a band is mostly known for a single album, it's an early one.) What would you recommend after that one?

an tha

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2020, 10:01:53 AM »
I enjoy Heaven Or Las Vegas, but that's all I know them for. It appears that's a late-career record for the band as well, which is unusual. (Usually, if a band is mostly known for a single album, it's an early one.) What would you recommend after that one?

'Treasure' is for my money their best record

I would also suggest a compilation called 'Pink Opaque' which contains tracks from the early 80's

WookieeWarrior

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2020, 10:17:19 AM »

I would also suggest a compilation called 'Pink Opaque' which contains tracks from the early 80's

Thanks. You've given me a lot to listen to lately, so it'll be some time before we discuss!

an tha

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2020, 10:23:41 AM »

Thanks. You've given me a lot to listen to lately, so it'll be some time before we discuss!

Enjoy!

imaginary friend

• "I don't take responsibility at all"
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2020, 12:02:23 PM »
I can't recommend Blue Bell Knoll highly enough.

Liz Fraser has been the biggest single influence on my singing, by far. She's shown me that I don't have to be understood to get my emotional point across.