2020/21 Premier League Season

• 36 Replies

Codeguy

• ^ This man does not exist ^
2020/21 Premier League Season
« on: July 26, 2020, 12:44:48 PM »
OK, prediction time - a year from now we shall see who called it.

Call the entire top 6, let's see who gets closest.
--------
< - This man does not exist.

Codeguy

Re: 2020/21 Premier League Season
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2020, 12:46:49 PM »
I will go out on a limb and say:

1. Liverpool
2. Chelsea 
3. Man City
4. Leicester
5. Arsenal
6. Spurs
--------

an tha

• And you can swallow, or you can spit....
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2020, 01:18:32 PM »
City
Liverpool
Chelsea
Man Utd
Tottenham
Wolves

Smee

• Howdy. Im Snoopy
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2020, 08:04:21 AM »
Man City
Chelsea
Liverpool
Man Utd
Arsenal
Tottenham
In the garden I was playing the tart
I kissed your lips and broke your heart
You
You were acting like it was the end of the world

JTBaby

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2020, 10:31:09 AM »
Man City
Liverpool
Man U
Chelsea
Arsenal
Leicester
"Trump supporters are fucking morons"
ďAlbums still matter,Ē he said to the crowd of pop star and music luminaries. ďLike books and black lives"

Codeguy

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2020, 03:18:06 PM »
Wow everyone is predicting a city comeback - I just donít see them closing a 20 point gap on Liverpool from this season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
--------

an tha

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2020, 03:30:02 PM »
Wow everyone is predicting a city comeback - I just donít see them closing a 20 point gap on Liverpool from this season

They'll probably spend 300m and with FFP in tatters announce a load of 'extended' and 'improved' sponsorship deals to 'fund' it.

Nobody can live with that - they'll piss it....but like all their success it will be hollow.

John Galt

• He's Going to Dream Out Loud!
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2020, 04:06:00 PM »
"I am awake"

- Walter White

Codeguy

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2020, 04:52:50 PM »

They'll probably spend 300m and with FFP in tatters announce a load of 'extended' and 'improved' sponsorship deals to 'fund' it.

Nobody can live with that - they'll piss it....but like all their success it will be hollow.
The FFP ruling is a joke, the shame of it is that UEFA and the FA both wanted to keep FFP, and it's CAS that killed it.

However, I don't think City can go on spending their way out of their problems. This liverpool team is just too good for them right now, and Chelsea is back on the radar, and they have a spirit money can't buy.
--------

an tha

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2020, 04:57:24 PM »

The FFP ruling is a joke, the shame of it is that UEFA and the FA both wanted to keep FFP, and it's CAS that killed it.

However, I don't think City can go on spending their way out of their problems. This liverpool team is just too good for them right now, and Chelsea is back on the radar, and they have a spirit money can't buy.

Their owners will see what has happened this season as embarrassing and an affront and they will be seething at being challenged by UEFA....and it is their culture that when they have problems they throw money at them to fix them and to get their own way and to prove their superiority.

John Galt

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2020, 04:59:23 PM »
Chelsea owe all their success to money and so do all the top clubs.  Leicester City are the only club to have impressed me over the past two decades.

"I am awake"

- Walter White

an tha

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2020, 05:01:02 PM »
There are of course clubs who have spent enormous amounts of money and had no success at all in a quarter of a century.....

John Galt

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2020, 05:07:04 PM »
There are of course clubs who have spent enormous amounts of money and had no success at all in a quarter of a century.....

It depends on how much one spends. If one spends as much Liverpool then it's easy to win the premiership at least one year.
"I am awake"

- Walter White

an tha

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2020, 05:12:05 PM »

It depends on how much one spends. If one spends as much Liverpool then it's easy to win the premiership at least one year.

By that logic i would have expected to have seen a league title at say for example Everton in the last few years, or at the very least a trophy of some sort...a club with the 4th highest net spend in the PL over the last decade.....

https://www.football365.com/news/europe-football-net-spend-liverpool-manchester-city

John Galt

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2020, 05:14:48 PM »

By that logic i would have expected to have seen a league title at say for example Everton in the last few years, or at the very least a trophy of some sort...a club with the 4th highest net spend in the PL over the last decade.....

https://www.football365.com/news/europe-football-net-spend-liverpool-manchester-city

Complete nonsense.  Liverpool's wage bill is twice that of Everton's.  See what players Liverpool could hire paying half their current wages.

"I am awake"

- Walter White