Re: More from inhaler
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2020, 06:52:58 AM »
I really like these guys.
what you leave behind you don't miss anyway

Smee

• Howdy. Im Snoopy
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2020, 08:21:24 AM »
I liked early Inhaler, when they had an indie/stone roses sounding vibe to them. Not keen on the direction they have gone since. Not my thing at all
In the garden I was playing the tart
I kissed your lips and broke your heart
You
You were acting like it was the end of the world

mariamontreal

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2020, 08:39:14 AM »
I like them I can't believe how much he sounds like his father.I hear Bono in him his voice has the same tone and inflection in it .Good for them.   
She moves in mysterious ways

an tha

• And you can swallow, or you can spit....
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2020, 08:46:50 AM »
Meh.

Any number of young bands out there doing better stuff....

But of course because this bands singers dad is Bono then they'll get ears that all those other bands would never get.

riffraff

• I'll be up with the sun
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2020, 08:57:24 AM »
Meh.

But of course because this bands singers dad is Bono then they'll get ears that all those other bands would never get.
I admit that this song isn't as good as My Honest Face (I really love that one). But, I think they'd do pretty well even if some famous dude wasn't related to one of them.

an tha

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2020, 09:02:41 AM »
Meh.

I admit that this song isn't as good as My Honest Face (I really love that one). But, I think they'd do pretty well even if some famous dude wasn't related to one of them.

We both know you'd have never even have heard of them let alone clicked on a video of them if it wasn't for who the singers dad is.

And that is OK, it is what it is.

That will carry them so far as same will apply with a fair few u2 fans i'd imagine.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 09:07:43 AM by an tha »

an tha

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2020, 09:15:54 AM »
I liked early Inhaler, when they had an indie/stone roses sounding vibe to them. Not keen on the direction they have gone since. Not my thing at all

Bono has probably been in their ear 'boys you need to make sure the kids of today like your tunes....that indie/alternative stuff is too esoteric'

riffraff

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2020, 09:29:27 AM »
Meh.

We both know you'd have never even have heard of them let alone clicked on a video of them if it wasn't for who the singers dad is.

That will carry them so far as same will apply with a fair few u2 fans i'd imagine.
True that I would never have heard of them if not for the Bono connection. Never said otherwise. But I still like them a lot. And I still think they'd do okay without the family name.

an tha

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2020, 09:39:58 AM »
Meh.

True that I would never have heard of them if not for the Bono connection. Never said otherwise. But I still like them a lot. And I still think they'd do okay without the family name.

Without the family name they'd face the same problems other young acts face and that is reaching people.

The very fact we are having this conversation is proof of that....we simply would not be having this conversation without the family name.

The family name gives them a headstart - regardless of the merits of their work...they'd be nowhere right now without it - just another indie pop band in a sea of them, struggling to get noticed....as we have agreed you for example would never have heard of them.

Good luck to them, all i will say is this - as someone who listens to quite a lot of new young bands there is IMO nothing special about this band...well except the family connection.

If you are a fan of this sort of stuff though there is a bomb load of it out there i can hook you up with....
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 09:42:04 AM by an tha »

Smee

• Howdy. Im Snoopy
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2020, 10:59:56 AM »
I agree with an tha, about Inhaler getting exposure, riding on the coat tails of Daddys fame.

I find it weird how i have never heard Inhaler, ever on Steve Lamacqs Recommends Show, on BBC6. I really expected them to feature a lot on there. A lot of Inhalers contemporaries do
In the garden I was playing the tart
I kissed your lips and broke your heart
You
You were acting like it was the end of the world

riffraff

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2020, 11:33:59 AM »
I am not denying it...they definitely get more exposure because of Bono...I've said that! And, so what? If your Dad had ever helped you get a job, isn't that okay? sheesh you guys.  ;D

mariamontreal

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2020, 02:08:17 PM »
I disagree They don't want to be judged because the lead singer father is Bono and I am probably correct in saying they don't want any interference from him either.I like their style alternative like the bands I used to listen to in the 80s and 90s.We all know who is however not everyone does.He is trying to make his own and it must piss him off that people say he is riding off his father's coatails.I hope he pursues his own and people give him and the band credit in their own space.       

Codeguy

• ^ This man does not exist ^
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2020, 02:13:17 PM »
Meh.

In fairness to them, they are trying to avoid being seen in that way. IMO they are a very talented bunch, though a little too bandwagony for my taste. Not enough edginess and as they release more tracks they seem to be repeating themselves already. Honest face is a great song, but I don't see enough consistency in them to think they will make it to the top of the business.
--------
< - This man does not exist.

mariamontreal

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2020, 02:20:59 PM »
They are in the infant stage now if they stay commited as a young band their music will evole as they grow and learn.They are off to a good start lets see which direction they go a band has to find their direction .I like them I think they will do well time will tell.