Adam Rolling Stone interview : More ZOO TV, next album « quick, down and dirty »

• 53 Replies

Soloyan

• I'm not sleeping
    • GREG LEMOND FANS

So Cruel

• It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
Thanks for posting this. The interesting part is the new music. I laughed when he said “ We want to be quick, down and dirty with the next one.”  They always say that and it ends up being the exact opposite.
Definitive U2 Top 10: 1. One, 2. Bad, 3. With Or Without You, 4. Running to Stand Still, 5. So Cruel, 6. Ultraviolet, 7. I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For, 8. Hawkmoon 269, 9. Red Hill Mining Town, 10. Luminous Times

Codeguy

• ^ This man does not exist ^
Discuss :

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/adam-clayton-quarantine-life-u2s-siriusxm-channel-future-plans-1022148/

Well, it looks like 2oo TV is happening.

My favorite quote from this interview is that Adam wants the next album to be "quick, down and dirty"

Hopefully that means less polish and gloss.
--------
< - This man does not exist.

Soloyan

• I'm not sleeping
    • GREG LEMOND FANS
Thanks for posting this. The interesting part is the new music. I laughed when he said “ We want to be quick, down and dirty with the next one.”  They always say that and it ends up being the exact opposite.

He says that’s what they want. But I don’t think they can. And I don’t think they will.
A dangerous idea that almost makes sense...

Soloyan

• I'm not sleeping
    • GREG LEMOND FANS
I was annoyed when he complained about the sound quality of bootlegs, saying they will « balance » it with good recordings.

Bootlegs are free, dude. That’s the beauty of internet. The market of bootlegs, to which I lost valuable money in the early 90’s, is dead.
A dangerous idea that almost makes sense...

Magnificence

• the heaven you keep = you stole
it's ready to go but it's not ready to go:

There’s an album ready to go, we’re just not ready to sure when we want to press that button.

When I say ready to go, I mean ready to be completed. Let’s put it that way.

::)
there are demons in the broad day light

MPare1966

• Trying to throw my arms around the world
I like his comment on Spotify. I feel the same way about it and that's the reason I don't use it.

And of course, his love of remixes just confirms my own insanity regarding that stuff.  :D
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 03:18:41 PM by MPare1966 »
First Chair. Last Call.

laoghaire

I was annoyed when he complained about the sound quality of bootlegs, saying they will « balance » it with good recordings.

Bootlegs are free, dude. That’s the beauty of internet. The market of bootlegs, to which I lost valuable money in the early 90’s, is dead.

When my Zoo TV RDS tape died in 2000, I paid $100 on eBay to get a CD.  :-[

The Edges Cat

"It’s very, very fresh. We’ve cut everything quite quickly. We’re coming to things in a shorthand way. The feedback we get from that is pretty good. We want to be quick, down and dirty with the next one."

Until Edge and 100 producers stuff it all up.
The Edge: “[Eno] would love to see us making albums a bit more like [Zooropa]. Where we go, ‘You know what? We’re not going to second-guess any of this. Let’s just go for it.’”

U2 Fans: We'd all love to see that, Edge.

WookieeWarrior

So... 2023, then? It's amazing that he can call a set of written songs "ready to go", yet we all know that means it'll take a minimum of 1.5 years to release them. And of course "quick, down and dirty" is meaningless.

The Edges Cat

Like I said, quick and fresh tracks now, but wait until they get the parade of producers involved and Edge gets tinkering.
The Edge: “[Eno] would love to see us making albums a bit more like [Zooropa]. Where we go, ‘You know what? We’re not going to second-guess any of this. Let’s just go for it.’”

U2 Fans: We'd all love to see that, Edge.

This Dave

Discuss :

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/adam-clayton-quarantine-life-u2s-siriusxm-channel-future-plans-1022148/

Well, it looks like 2oo TV is happening.

My favorite quote from this interview is that Adam wants the next album to be "quick, down and dirty"

Hopefully that means less polish and gloss.

You must be new here.

This Dave

There’s an album ready to go, we’re just not ready to sure when we want to press that button.

I mean....why do they even say stuff like this anymore? Who is this nonsense for?

SlyDanner

• You can call me Mark

I mean....why do they even say stuff like this anymore? Who is this nonsense for?

Totally agree but U2 land is full of naive cult-like followers who believe this shit.  This forum sadly is not an exception just look at the comments and cheerleading that goes on here.

MPare1966

• Trying to throw my arms around the world

Totally agree but U2 land is full of naive cult-like followers who believe this shit.  This forum sadly is not an exception just look at the comments and cheerleading that goes on here.

Holy fucking shit, you mean there’s actual praise and cheerleading in an online forum dedicated to a band that has a career of over 40 years? Who would’ve thought.  ::)
First Chair. Last Call.