This looks interesting

• 19 Replies

Jswallow

This looks interesting
« on: June 27, 2020, 01:19:24 PM »

Jswallow

Re: This looks interesting
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 01:22:36 PM »
https://m.facebook.com/u2start/photos/a.10150718197440831/10158089235920831/?type=3&d=m

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk
This for anyone not on FB

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

MPare1966

• Trying to throw my arms around the world
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2020, 01:51:28 PM »
Hereís more info. Thereís been rumours about that film for a couple years now. Pretty cool.

https://www.u2songs.com/news/bono_discusses_corbijns_heartland_in_newest_issue_of_q_magazine
First Chair. Last Call.

Codeguy

• In the shadows
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2020, 05:46:14 PM »
I hope it's something like the BBC thing they did and not Yet-Another-U2-Live-DVD

The JT anniversary tour was better than the E&I/I&E tours but Bono using the microphone stand as a crutch and checking off the SJW boxes - this wasn't the U2 I grew up with. If they're going to do a Joshua Tree movie, I think some nostalgia is in order.
-------

THRILLHO

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2020, 11:48:21 AM »
I hope it's something like the BBC thing they did and not Yet-Another-U2-Live-DVD

The JT anniversary tour was better than the E&I/I&E tours but Bono using the microphone stand as a crutch and checking off the SJW boxes - this wasn't the U2 I grew up with. If they're going to do a Joshua Tree movie, I think some nostalgia is in order.

no it wasnt! the e+i tours were great esp. i+e.

Codeguy

• In the shadows
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2020, 03:20:03 PM »

Well we can disagree on that. I do think the October/BTBS/Zooropa/Streets segment was brilliant, but other than that i thought I&E was mediocre and E&I was dreadful. And that's coming from a person who regularly watches entire 2 hour U2 shows when working out.
-------

MPare1966

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2020, 03:23:47 PM »

Well we can disagree on that. I do think the October/BTBS/Zooropa/Streets segment was brilliant, but other than that i thought I&E was mediocre and E&I was dreadful. And that's coming from a person who regularly watches entire 2 hour U2 shows when working out.

Iím with Thrillho.

Saw 3 shows of i&e and 2 shows of e&i. The first tour was miles ahead.
First Chair. Last Call.

JFW

• Refu-JFW
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2020, 06:52:03 PM »
I feel bad I didn't see IE. EI was nit that great, but I see the Paris show of IE now and than. I think it's a masterpiece. Many great segments.

See through in the sunlight

JFW

• Refu-JFW
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2020, 06:52:49 PM »

SJW-boxes?

THRILLHO

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2020, 07:07:37 PM »

Iím with Thrillho.

you mean the 2015 tour? for my money ill take the 2018 tour for the setlists. No JT and very little 80s otherwise? but we get SATS <albeit acoustic, but...fine...> AND Acrobat, WGRYWH? uh yea sign me up now

I feel bad I didn't see IE. EI was nit that great, but I see the Paris show of IE now and than. I think it's a masterpiece. Many great segments.

it didnt come close to Texas so i had no choice <money isn't really disposable in this house> but to skip.

MPare1966

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2020, 07:43:48 PM »

Iím with Thrillho.

you mean the 2015 tour? for my money ill take the 2018 tour for the setlists. No JT and very little 80s otherwise? but we get SATS <albeit acoustic, but...fine...> AND Acrobat, WGRYWH? uh yea sign me up now

it didnt come close to Texas so i had no choice <money isn't really disposable in this house> but to skip.

i&e in 2015 was definitely better. 2018 e&i, although it had Acrobat, just felt like a rehash. And it was too choreographed, more than the previous tour, if thatís possible...
First Chair. Last Call.

Codeguy

• In the shadows
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2020, 10:08:56 PM »

SJW-boxes?
Yes. Ticking off the left-wing talking points systematically to show they're virtuous. Immigration. Check. Black lives matter. Check. Women are great. Check. Africa. Check. AIDS. Check. 
-------

Neil Young

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2020, 05:48:37 PM »

SJW-boxes?
Yes. Ticking off the left-wing talking points systematically to show they're virtuous. Immigration. Check. Black lives matter. Check. Women are great. Check. Africa. Check. AIDS. Check.
And yet, moving their company to a tax haven. In the end, everyone  is in it for themselves. But Iím happy to buy the new movie and contribute some cash to the Dutch company, it does sound interesting, especially the Heartland Live rumour.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 05:50:28 PM by Neil Young »

THRILLHO

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2020, 07:43:27 PM »
i mean are we SURE he can do Heartland justice? i'd really like to think so i was a big fan of Acrobat live and RHMT wasn't bad.

JFW

• Refu-JFW
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2020, 04:30:04 AM »

SJW-boxes?
Ah, i don't know the term. Makes sense