Walk On - U2 7

• 11 Replies

JFW

• Refu-JFW
Walk On - U2 7
« on: June 08, 2020, 12:15:56 PM »
Wow, never liked this song, this won't be changing that much. But this different approach I never heard, and I think it's acceptable. This sounds at least great!

(Thanks to an tha's other thread)

See through in the sunlight

Smee

• Howdy. Im Snoopy
Re: Walk On - U2 7
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2020, 11:38:20 AM »
Always loved the song, both studio and live. This is just another great version. Such an uplifting tune
In the garden I was playing the tart
I kissed your lips and broke your heart
You
You were acting like it was the end of the world

Alphane

• This space left blank intentionally
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2020, 02:48:28 PM »
I really dig this version, especially the punchier production. While I like ATYCLB quite a bit, the mushy production doesn't do the songs justice. This is crisp and far better, which is how the rest of the album should have sounded.

Soloyan

• I'm not sleeping
    • GREG LEMOND FANS
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2020, 02:49:53 PM »
I really dig this version, especially the punchier production. While I like ATYCLB quite a bit, the mushy production doesn't do the songs justice. This is crisp and far better, which is how the rest of the album should have sounded.

Produced by Nigel Godrich (Radiohead).
A dangerous idea that almost makes sense...

an tha

• And you can swallow, or you can spit....
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2020, 03:01:40 PM »

Always thought Godrich could have helped drag a good record out of u2.

That ship has sailed now though IMO -production can only do so much and can't turn shit into gold.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 03:04:23 PM by an tha »

Alphane

• This space left blank intentionally
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2020, 03:03:40 PM »

That ship has sailed now though, production can only do so much and can't turn shit into gold.

Godrich has long been my dream U2 producer. His work with Beck and Radiohead alone has produced some of the best records of the last 20 years. He would have worked wonders for U2.

an tha

• And you can swallow, or you can spit....
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2020, 03:06:16 PM »

That ship has sailed now though, production can only do so much and can't turn shit into gold.

Godrich has long been my dream U2 producer. His work with Beck and Radiohead alone has produced some of the best records of the last 20 years. He would have worked wonders for U2.

Would have loved him to have walked in and told Ryan Tedder "OK, son - fuck off now, back to whatver shite you usually do"

Codeguy

• In the shadows
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2020, 05:10:35 PM »
Exactly. Anyone but Tedder.
-------

The Edges Cat

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2020, 07:26:25 PM »
Beck improved Love Is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way, so maybe get him to produce?
The Edge: “[Eno] would love to see us making albums a bit more like [Zooropa]. Where we go, ‘You know what? We’re not going to second-guess any of this. Let’s just go for it.’”

U2 Fans: We'd all love to see that, Edge.

Codeguy

• In the shadows
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2020, 07:59:15 PM »
Beck improved Love Is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way, so maybe get him to produce?
hmmm...interesting......
-------

MPare1966

• Trying to throw my arms around the world
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2020, 08:59:01 PM »

Yeah, of the 1001 remixes, his was the most interesting. I like the prospect.  :D
First Chair. Last Call.

THRILLHO

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2020, 12:53:11 PM »
i use this version of Walk On to close out my ATYCLB 2.0 playlist

and i use Becks LIBTAIIW remix for the SOE 2.0