Album of the 90's vote.

• 35 Replies

an tha

• And you can swallow, or you can spit....
Album of the 90's vote.
« on: May 26, 2020, 06:12:01 AM »
Came across this on BBC website.

It is a pretty uninspiring list for the most part as it is extremely mainstream, but hey it is what it is....and there are some belters on it.

Achtung Baby is on it, so if you want to support u2 you can.

Anyway here

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/gjngFgdd8BH9X5mGzwQrRq/your-ultimate-90s-album-vote

MPare1966

• Trying to throw my arms around the world
Re: Album of the 90's vote.
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2020, 06:35:03 AM »

It is a pretty uninspiring list for the most part as it is extremely mainstream, but hey it is what it is....and there are some belters on it.

Anyway here

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/gjngFgdd8BH9X5mGzwQrRq/your-ultimate-90s-album-vote

Just yesterday I was in the car with my 21 yo son and he put on this one, saying itís one of the most influential albums of all time.

Lauryn Hill - The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill

(btw, canít vote from my location, so please add 1 for AB for me  ;) )
First Chair. Last Call.

riffraff

• All roads lead to where you are
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2020, 06:45:19 AM »
"This vote is not available in your location". But, yeah, I would have voted for AB.
Love comes tumbling down again

an tha

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2020, 08:31:12 AM »

Anyway here

Just yesterday I was in the car with my 21 yo son and he put on this one, saying itís one of the most influential albums of all time.

I have never heard that Lauryn Hill album, it does get a lot of good press though....

The 'correct' answer to this album of the 90's lark is of course Rid of Me, but as that is far too much for the Beeb's poll then i was left with my finger hovering over AB, OK Computer, Screamadelica and Mezzanine.

I am sorry but in the end i went for OK Computer.

riffraff

• All roads lead to where you are
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2020, 09:16:17 AM »
pah
Love comes tumbling down again

an tha

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2020, 09:39:05 AM »
To be fair AB pretty much takes number 2 spot for me on that list.

MPare1966

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2020, 10:38:50 AM »

Anyway here

I have never heard that Lauryn Hill album, it does get a lot of good press though....

The 'correct' answer to this album of the 90's lark is of course Rid of Me, but as that is far too much for the Beeb's poll then i was left with my finger hovering over AB, OK Computer, Screamadelica and Mezzanine.

Yesterday was the first time I heard it myself. It's worth a listen IMHO
First Chair. Last Call.

an tha

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2020, 10:51:27 AM »

Anyway here

I don't listen to much in the way of female artists as you know, but i'll give it a spin.....

MPare1966

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2020, 11:45:17 AM »

Anyway here

I don't listen to much in the way of female artists as you know, but i'll give it a spin.....

You really need to do something about that....
First Chair. Last Call.

an tha

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2020, 03:29:08 PM »

Anyway here

Any ideas?

MPare1966

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2020, 03:52:06 PM »

Anyway here

Any ideas?

Cťline Dion's French discography.
First Chair. Last Call.

guest532

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2020, 04:19:47 PM »
Achtung Baby, followed by Zooropa in second place.

an tha

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2020, 04:29:40 PM »

Anyway here

Any ideas?

Just downloaded it all....gonna start with the one where she warbles and over emotes to some dreary soppy shite.

guest532

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2020, 04:34:18 PM »

Anyway here

Any ideas?

Just downloaded it all....gonna start with the one where she warbles and over emotes to some dreary soppy shite.

If I were you I'd think twice.

an tha

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2020, 04:40:15 PM »

Anyway here

Any ideas?

If I were you I'd think twice.

But, baby, this is serious....