Adventures Of Our Younger Days

• 19 Replies

riffraff

• dreaming someone elses dream
Adventures Of Our Younger Days
« on: March 07, 2020, 05:35:36 PM »
Would anyone like to share an adventure that you may have had at some time in your youth?
(whether or not you remember most of it!)

If the sky can crack there must be someway back

riffraff

Re: Adventures Of Our Younger Days
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2020, 05:37:05 PM »
I shared this in another thread, but for those of you who don't visit that one...

The first time I went to see Star Wars in the theater...when we (six of us packed into a little car) arrived at the theater, smoke was pouring out of the car windows, we opened the doors, beer cans fell out and had to be retrieved,...we snuck a lot of beer into the place, and back then you could often "light up" without getting bothered about it. After the movie, we all decided we'd have to go back the next night to see what the movie was like.  ;D

guest532

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2020, 05:39:47 PM »
You're joking.

riffraff

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2020, 05:52:44 PM »
Not a bit of joke in there...

Zeropartii

• Living Rent-Free in Your Head
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2020, 05:53:55 PM »
When I was 12 my parents took me to see Schindlerís List in a packed theater.  I had a full can of Pepsi I snuck it.  I dropped and it rolled down the aisle (not carpeted so it was quite audible) and hit the back of a seat.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

riffraff

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2020, 06:03:41 PM »
I think one of my fav stories is from college. My roomie and I lived on the 6th floor in the dorm, and one day, under the influence of various and assorted things, we decided to drop water balloons from the window at the end of the hallway, which had an exit door on the bottom floor  below it. If you dropped a balloon just as you saw the door begin to open, it would hit whoever was there right on the head. Yeah, I know...but it WAS funny back then. Soooooooooo, the door opened this one time, we dropped the balloon. A girl we knew, a paraplegic who had to use those crutches with the rings on the arms to help her walk came through the door. Roomie and I ran down those 6 flights of steps faster than you can imagine...we thought we had probably killed the poor girl. We get down there, and she's laying down on the steps laughing her butt off. We confessed to being the culprits, and when we helped her up, she gave us both hugs and thanked us. It seems that no one had ever played a joke on her before...and she loved it. Mysterious ways, indeed.

riffraffs mum

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2020, 08:22:00 AM »
I think one of my fav stories is from college. My roomie and I lived on the 6th floor in the dorm, and one day, under the influence of various and assorted things, we decided to drop water balloons from the window at the end of the hallway, which had an exit door on the bottom floor  below it. If you dropped a balloon just as you saw the door begin to open, it would hit whoever was there right on the head. Yeah, I know...but it WAS funny back then. Soooooooooo, the door opened this one time, we dropped the balloon. A girl we knew, a paraplegic who had to use those crutches with the rings on the arms to help her walk came through the door. Roomie and I ran down those 6 flights of steps faster than you can imagine...we thought we had probably killed the poor girl. We get down there, and she's laying down on the steps laughing her butt off. We confessed to being the culprits, and when we helped her up, she gave us both hugs and thanked us. It seems that no one had ever played a joke on her before...and she loved it. Mysterious ways, indeed.

My favourite story is when you finally left home.

riffraff

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2020, 09:22:57 AM »

My favourite story is when you finally left home.
That worked well for both of us. "Finally" being only 17...freedom!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 09:26:42 AM by riffraff »

JTNash

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2020, 12:49:40 PM »
This is the place for the story of my first U2 show? November 1997 first semester at my transferred into Baptist Belmont University.  I formerly attended UMass Amherst where boys and girls lived together.  Yeah not at Belmont.  So these guys I barely know sell me a ticket to the Pop Mart show in Atlanta, one has a car and says you can ride with us.  Itís me and two guys one other girl, to this day I donít know any of their names.  So I get some supplies for the 4 hour road trip, consisting of a bottle of Captain Morgan.  All the Baptist kids are appalled by my road trip provisions.  But Iím like this is a U2 show Iím gonna blow it out!  I have on blue plastic pants letís party!  Yeah I drank way too much I donít remember anything but puking on the way home.  I imagine I had fun, but I have no idea.

Plant a demon seed raise a flower of fire

riffraff

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2020, 12:51:43 PM »
Yeah, those were the days. I was raised Southern Baptist, and the worst girl I knew, behavior-wise, was the preacher's daughter!!!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 12:55:00 PM by riffraff »

Smee

• Howdy. Im Snoopy
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2020, 01:55:28 PM »
I remember the first puff of a ciggie i ever had. I was down the park with my older brothers mate. I must have been about 11. he was a smoker and talked me into having a puff. My brother found out and kept threatning to tell my parents. I said they couldnt prove it, so he said they would take me into hospital and cut me open lol. THAT scared the life out of me.

First ever beer i really had, was when i was about 13. Me and my good mate (Big Andy Tam) pinched two tins of Sweetheart Stout from his parents fridge. We sat on the back steps of the local Church and drank them, as we waited to be taken away for the weekend...to a Church Youth Group, outdoor based weekend. I think i am right in saying that Sweetheart Stout is only about 2% alcohol.
In the garden I was playing the tart
I kissed your lips and broke your heart
You
You were acting like it was the end of the world

Phoenix Rising

• Ut sementem feceris ita metes
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2020, 03:21:53 PM »
When I was 12 my parents took me to see Schindlerís List in a packed theater.  I had a full can of Pepsi I snuck it.  I dropped and it rolled down the aisle (not carpeted so it was quite audible) and hit the back of a seat.   

A group of friends and i did something similar to this back in (i am guessing here) 1991 when i was home on leave from the military.  The difference being we snuck in bottles of Beer instead of pepsi,  and yes when we sat them down they rolled loudly down the theater floor,  hitting people's shoes along the way.  We snickered as we sipped our beers from our cups.  The movie was good too.
Every child is a sacred gift from God

financeguy1

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2020, 04:20:48 PM »
I think I'll save mine up for the memoirs, being that of course I'm still in my 'younger' days.

Shank Asu

• can't fight for sh-- but sure can take a beating
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2020, 02:00:32 PM »
too many stories from my Hollywood days or my many backpacking trips from my 20's through Europe.

guest532

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2020, 02:09:17 PM »
too many stories from my Hollywood days or my many backpacking trips from my 20's through Europe.

Start with your trips through Europe.