• 55 Replies

guest204

Rush are better than U2
« on: January 11, 2020, 06:35:36 AM »
The answer is yes

guest259

Re: Rush are better than U2
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2020, 07:58:05 AM »
I couldn't name a single track by Rush. They strike me as prog rock bores. By contrast, tracks such as WOWY, One, Bad, Love is Blindness and many more are all time classics.

You know, Big Willy, you have accomplished quite a amazing feat since joining this forum, you have managed to make those of us who have become quite cynical about U2 defend them to the hilt.

guest28

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2020, 07:59:51 AM »
"Prog rock bores", yeah, that pretty much sums up my feelings about Rush

an tha

• And you can swallow, or you can spit....
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2020, 08:01:48 AM »
I may be missing out but i can honestly say i have never knowingly listened to a Rush track and could not name a song or album of theirs.

riffraff

• I know that the tide is turning 'round
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2020, 08:04:03 AM »
I like Rush okay. But, I must admit that when they come on the radio in my car, I usually try to find something I like more on another station before going back to Rush. 
nothing makes sense, nothing seems to fit

SwimmingSorrows

• In a room full of martyrs, who gets the credit?
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2020, 08:15:35 AM »
Red Barchetta is a certified banger.  Tom Sawyer is good.  Fly by Night is catchy, but his voice kinda ruins it.  That's really all I know.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 08:19:21 AM by SwimmingSorrows »
There's a bible verse,
says the last one shall be first.
Well, if that verse is true,
there's hope for me and you.
-Kevin Kerby

MPare1966

• Trying to throw my arms around the world
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2020, 08:19:20 AM »
I may be missing out but i can honestly say i have never knowingly listened to a Rush track and could not name a song or album of theirs.

Over here, they are unavoidable. Put on a classic rock station, and with the quotas on Canadian content, you’re sure to hear some Rush everyday. I never was a fan, always found their music unimaginative and repetitive.
First Chair. Last Call.

riffraff

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2020, 08:22:38 AM »
I really like one of their lyric..."if you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice". But, I don't even know what song that is from!

MPare1966

• Trying to throw my arms around the world
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2020, 08:28:56 AM »
I really like one of their lyric..."if you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice". But, I don't even know what song that is from!

Riffy, there is only « one » Rush song. I have no clue of its title or lyrics. But it’s always  « that » one I hear on the radio.  ;)
First Chair. Last Call.

riffraff

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2020, 08:29:46 AM »

Riffy, there is only « one » Rush song. I have no clue of its title or lyrics. But it’s always  « that » one I hear on the radio.  ;)
That's probably the song, then, right? ha!

guest204

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2020, 09:19:06 AM »
I couldn't name a single track by Rush. They strike me as prog rock bores. By contrast, tracks such as WOWY, One, Bad, Love is Blindness and many more are all time classics.

You know, Big Willy, you have accomplished quite a amazing feat since joining this forum, you have managed to make those of us who have become quite cynical about U2 defend them to the hilt.

How odd.

guest532

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2020, 09:22:04 AM »
I couldn't name a single songs by Rush either.  Not to say they aren't any good.

guest204

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2020, 09:32:38 AM »
I couldn't name a single songs by Rush either.  Not to say they aren't any good.

Rush are the band U2 could have been. As a starting point I recommend ‘The Best of Rush’

an tha

• And you can swallow, or you can spit....
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2020, 09:35:37 AM »