Confused on Geography for the Fan Validation

• 6 Replies

Poncke

• ROT AMS AHM SAR DUB BER ROM MAD
Confused on Geography for the Fan Validation
« on: November 05, 2017, 06:34:49 AM »
I got the email yesterday regarding the new rules, and so far its clear to me that I need to link my U2 subsctiption to my Ticketmaster account. At the moment this is only possible for the North American tour/tickets. So do I have to wait for the European tour and then complete my account link set up?

However, I want to pre-order the album and get early access to tickets that way as back up, but I have to choose a country. Do I need to pick the country I live in, or do I need to pick the country where I want to see U2. I live in Ireland, but I want to go see them in Portugal. So if I want to get tickets for a show in Portugal, what exactly do I need to do?

Cheers.
The fly on the wall

guest4

Re: Confused on Geography for the Fan Validation
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 07:09:01 AM »
Welcome to the forum...sorry but I have no answers to your questions...stay tuned, I'm sure someone will help you!

Florida

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2017, 12:25:14 PM »
The answer is pretty easy: u2.com's FAQ say that a presale code is valid in every European country.

I got the email yesterday regarding the new rules, and so far its clear to me that I need to link my U2 subsctiption to my Ticketmaster account. At the moment this is only possible for the North American tour/tickets. So do I have to wait for the European tour and then complete my account link set up?

However, I want to pre-order the album and get early access to tickets that way as back up, but I have to choose a country. Do I need to pick the country I live in, or do I need to pick the country where I want to see U2. I live in Ireland, but I want to go see them in Portugal. So if I want to get tickets for a show in Portugal, what exactly do I need to do?

Cheers.

Poncke

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 05:01:38 PM »
Thanks for the reply, but :

I need to link my U2 subsctiption to my Ticketmaster account. At the moment this is only possible for the North American tour/tickets. So do I have to wait for the European tour and then complete my account link set up?
The fly on the wall

kango

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 06:30:43 PM »
Please see http://zootopia.u2.com/forums/topic/37326-u2com-2018-subscription-faq-thread/ if logged in to U2.com

Based on latest replies, I think we are fine to sit and wait for more news after American presales. No harm in resubscribing now though as current subscriptions will still run through to next year.
Another Time, Another Forum

Jen

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2017, 11:10:58 PM »
If you want NA shows you will need to set up a TM account for the USA or Canada or both. Then link it to your account.

If you do not want these shows, then wait.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Poncke

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2017, 07:40:37 AM »
Please see http://zootopia.u2.com/forums/topic/37326-u2com-2018-subscription-faq-thread/ if logged in to U2.com

Based on latest replies, I think we are fine to sit and wait for more news after American presales. No harm in resubscribing now though as current subscriptions will still run through to next year.

I shouldnt have to pay nother 40 dollar 2/3 into my current sub to get fan verified.
The fly on the wall