What version of SOE will you buy?

• 37 Replies

JFW

• Refu-JFW
Re: What version of SOE will you buy?
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2017, 05:34:08 PM »
I've pre-orded the deluxe Vinyl. Wondering how much euros Bono gets from my Ä90,-...
Ok. That was way too much. Just trying not to thinj about it ;D
See through in the sunlight

THRILLHO

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2017, 06:32:57 PM »
was hoping this thread would be a poll that i could see all the options available.

deluxe cd for me. that's all ive gotten since ATYCLB with the bonus disc <feat. Always>, HTDAAB <with Fast Cars as the bonus track and the DVD>, NLOTH
<the set with the DVD and the book and poster> then SOI with the 2nd disc of songs.

what's the deluxe for this? i know i saw it has 3 extra songs and the japanese version has more.

an tha

• And you can swallow, or you can spit....
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2017, 06:40:18 PM »
I absolutely won't be shelling out for a deluxe/super deluxe or box set or whatever they call these additional versions.

The sale of this upcoming album has taken on an infomerical marketing quality. "But wait...for just a mere $X more you get the Super Deluxe edition blue collectors edition vinyl - and we will throw in a free poster!".

It is probably true of a lot of artists but i personally think it is a piss take how they hawk all these different versions - which they do safe in the knowledge that completists and super fans will but regardless of the pricing - pricing i think is obscene.

THRILLHO

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2017, 06:44:23 PM »
I absolutely won't be shelling out for a deluxe/super deluxe or box set or whatever they call these additional versions.

The sale of this upcoming album has taken on an infomerical marketing quality. "But wait...for just a mere $X more you get the Super Deluxe edition blue collectors edition vinyl - and we will throw in a free poster!".

It is probably true of a lot of artists but i personally think it is a piss take how they hawk all these different versions - which they do safe in the knowledge that completists and super fans will but regardless of the pricing - pricing i think is obscene.

i for one will buy the deluxe cd version and if the other version have songs that mine doesnt have, well ill use itunes or other means to obtain them.....

an tha

• And you can swallow, or you can spit....
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2017, 06:47:30 PM »

i for one will buy the deluxe cd version and if the other version have songs that mine doesnt have, well ill use itunes or other means to obtain them.....

Deluxe/super deluxe blah blah blah..
Not a fan - but it is the modern way it seems

Miracledrug

• everything about you is so easy to love
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2017, 06:49:47 PM »
the ordinary vinyl. i would love to buy the deluxe box set but like.. im 18 and broke af so that's not gonna happen

robgalloway

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2017, 06:59:10 PM »
I wanted the Super Deluxe until I saw the price ... I've instead bought the standard Vinyl and bought a fancy bottle of Rum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aviastar

• Hey, now...do you know my name?
What version of SOE will you buy?
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2017, 08:26:36 PM »

Smart play.  That's what I'm doing.  I don't need any more U2 posters or special edition cardboard boxes or other goo-gaws. As I understand it the music on the deluxe cd which was selling for 18 bucks on Amazon is the same as the super deluxe stuff - album plus four extra tracks, one of which is a remix of ordinary love and another is the Kygo TBT remix.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 08:30:07 PM by Aviastar »
My U2 Top 10: The Unforgettable Fire, Acrobat, New Year's Day, Gloria, The Fly, A Sort of Homecoming, Where The Streets Have No Name, Bad, Ultra Violet (Light My Way), Drowning Man

guest85

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2017, 09:13:11 PM »
Iíll download from Apple Music because I already pay 10 bucks a month. Iím not buying any version of this particular album unless the remaining tracks are masterpieces. 

MysteriousFly

• I believe in powers that be.....won't overpower me
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2017, 01:49:30 PM »
I'll probably buy the deluxe edition CD version. More tracks equals more U2 goodness.
I love Rock N' Roll...so I booked a room at the heartbreak hotel and there, the music plays on and on.

DoYouFeelLoved

• Lookin' in the places where no flowers grow
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2017, 07:45:27 PM »
To be fair, regular CD and Deluxe CD are both reasonably priced, itís only the vinyls that are outrageous. They know where the big money comes from.

Waffles

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2017, 08:29:12 PM »
I'm getting 4 copies of the regular version

julez728

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2017, 09:42:54 PM »
Why is the standard vinyl $30 through Universal Music's website and $40 through U2.com?
I feel my luck could change.

New Zooland

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2017, 10:40:45 PM »
Evaluation via Spotify rental. If any good then the vinyl.

Boom Cha!

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2017, 10:41:17 PM »
I pre-ordered the deluxe edition from iTunes, that's the only version I'll likely own.