How to moderate a forum... or not.

• 95 Replies

laoghaire

How to moderate a forum... or not.
« on: July 23, 2019, 02:29:33 PM »
Rather than ruin perfectly good threads, I propose we take the discussion here on what, if anything, people want to do to ensure a good time is had by most, if not all.

riffraff

• Stolen days you donít give back
Re: How to moderate a forum... or not.
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 02:31:39 PM »
I would honestly love to hear what you all have to say! (and what ruined a perfectly good thread, too?)
Iíve seen for myself, thereís no end to grief, thatís how I know, and why I need to know that there is no end to love

laoghaire

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2019, 02:34:17 PM »
Oh, the thread wasn't remotely ruined. Just hoped to keep it that way.

riffraff

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2019, 02:37:08 PM »
Well, you know, there's always one (or two, or five) in every crowd that needs to TRY to be pain in the tuckus...we just try to keep it light...most times we succeed. Other times I get out my BIG MOTHER VOICE (and then everyone laughs at me).
Iíve seen for myself, thereís no end to grief, thatís how I know, and why I need to know that there is no end to love

an tha

• And you can swallow, or you can spit....
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2019, 02:37:28 PM »
Always up for hearing about anything that can help make it better around here.

We'll never able to please everyone all the time of course and we know we have lost some along the way, who just didn't like here.... but we have a pretty well established ethos now, and if we all are cool with following that most of the time - i think we will be alright more than we won't be.

We all shape what here is everyday.

It isn't hard for us all to get it right and have a few laughs.....Shank nailed it earlier
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 02:49:50 PM by an tha »

riffraff

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2019, 02:41:43 PM »
to quote the all-knowing an tha..."we all shape what is here every day" ...that's what scares me.  ;D

an tha

• And you can swallow, or you can spit....
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2019, 02:47:06 PM »
to quote the all-knowing an tha..."we all shape what is here every day" ...that's what scares me.  ;D

The best rides are the most scary....

wons

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2019, 10:19:37 AM »

As for trolls in the forum, defined as those who say MORE negative things about the band than positive, we definitely have at least two trolls here based on a review of their post history. They have also openly called other forum members some nasty things.

laoghaire

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2019, 10:24:51 AM »
That's not the definition of a troll.

riffraff

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2019, 10:25:54 AM »

As for trolls in the forum, defined as those who say MORE negative things about the band than positive, we definitely have at least two trolls here based on a review of their post history. They have also openly called other forum members some nasty things.
"those who say MORE negative things"...I didn't realize that is how trolls are defined. We try to have an open forum, with all opinions welcomed. And, when we do see name-calling, we try to handle that behind the scenes.

Zeropartii

• Living Rent-Free in Your Head
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2019, 12:18:16 PM »
We need some new U2 news.  Or a stand alone single.  This is a brutal time for U2 fans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

riffraff

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2019, 12:50:52 PM »
We need some new U2 news.  Or a stand alone single.  This is a brutal time for U2 fans

It's an exciting time for the fans down under...waiting for the show!

Shank Asu

• can't fight for sh-- but sure can take a beating
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2019, 02:18:11 PM »
I'm quite happy with a bit of down time.  It was a busy 4 years for the band- busier than usual.  They deserve a break and I don't really want to hear Bono's song about Boris Johnson.

riffraff

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2019, 02:20:00 PM »
I'm quite happy with a bit of down time.  It was a busy 4 years for the band- busier than usual.  They deserve a break and I don't really want to hear Bono's song about Boris Johnson.
Good one!

Zeropartii

• Living Rent-Free in Your Head
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2019, 03:42:58 PM »

Anglo Soul