Inhaler

• 112 Replies

riffraff

• Surrender, dislocate
Inhaler
« on: July 11, 2019, 10:55:38 AM »
I know there's another Inhaler thread somewhere, but I sure can't find it...anyway, someone was nice enough to post this...and I'm reposting it. These kids are getting good now...or at least, Eli is getting good. Do we know who's doing their songwriting? This song is VERY good...much better than the others that I've seen. (And, from a female point of view, I think Eli might be even cuter than Bono was at that age!)

Surrender, dislocate

an tha

• And you can swallow, or you can spit....
Re: Inhaler
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 11:28:36 AM »
If Inhaler were not fronted by Bono's son they'd be almost totally ignored by people here.

I think they are ok but really not anything special - so far.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 11:34:26 AM by an tha »

riffraff

• Surrender, dislocate
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 11:40:41 AM »
If Inhaler were not fronted by Bono's son they'd be almost totally ignored by people here.

I think they are ok but really not anything special - so far.
Yeah, they've got a long way to go...Eli REALLY needs a better band, but they may improve. This, like I said, Is the first time they really held my attention. I like this one a lot!
Surrender, dislocate

an tha

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2019, 11:49:29 AM »
Baby band of course and nobody knows what they may become.....

They seem to be heavily influenced by the post punk sound/new wave sound, that is not a bad thing as such (i for one generally like those genres) but it is a well trodden path by a lot of bands and to make something that stands out is difficult....their trick so to speak is one that you can find very easily and done better in student bars everywhere!

I'd probably pick up an Inhaler record over a u2 one to be fair right now.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 11:52:05 AM by an tha »

riffraff

• Surrender, dislocate
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2019, 11:51:42 AM »
I think they will be around for awhile...at least I hope so...they do show promise anyway. They do have a good sound.
Surrender, dislocate

guest411

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2019, 12:41:05 PM »
I know there's another Inhaler thread somewhere, but I sure can't find it...anyway, someone was nice enough to post this...and I'm reposting it. These kids are getting good now...or at least, Eli is getting good. Do we know who's doing their songwriting? This song is VERY good...much better than the others that I've seen. (And, from a female point of view, I think Eli might be even cuter than Bono was at that age!)

Bono not that good looking, so his son's looks have been enhanced by his mother.  He can also thank his mother for being taller than his arl fella.

I find it a boring song and 'generic' sounding.  I think the Edge's son's song and video in the back of a van is more memorable.

JTNash

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2019, 12:47:33 PM »
I like it because it sounds like early U2, the problem with that is we already have a U2.

that being said its better than some of the crap thats popular for sure....

Blows Old Town Road away
Plant a demon seed raise a flower of fire

guest411

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2019, 12:51:56 PM »
It's generic stuff.  They need to find their own voice, but by this stage I think that's unlikely.

It amuses me that the children of wealthy showbiz celebs never seem to become attorneys, accountants or bank managers.

JTNash

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2019, 12:56:20 PM »
It's generic stuff.  They need to find their own voice, but by this stage I think that's unlikely.

It amuses me that the children of wealthy showbiz celebs never seem to become attorneys, accountants or bank managers.
they don't need money

riffraff

• Surrender, dislocate
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2019, 01:09:52 PM »
They don't even need jobs...
Surrender, dislocate

JTNash

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2019, 01:12:15 PM »
right who wouldn't just do fun stuff I would!

riffraff

• Surrender, dislocate
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2019, 01:14:47 PM »
I would do what Eli and Levi are doing...have fun making music. (although it hurt me to call that thing Levi did "music") hahaha
Surrender, dislocate

JTNash

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2019, 01:42:01 PM »
I would do what Eli and Levi are doing...have fun making music. (although it hurt me to call that thing Levi did "music") hahaha
I would own being Bono's kid lol

guest411

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2019, 01:51:14 PM »

Good for him having fun making music.  They won't make it.

an tha

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2019, 01:57:09 PM »

Good for him having fun making music.  They won't make it.

Probably not - but they have an advantage over other young bands with who the singer is.

Riffy for example is watching their videos....how many other bands of modern day kids does Riffy watch.....?

Who their singer is gets them eyes they wouldn't get otherwise.