Does anyone else do this?

• 26 Replies

riffraff

• You've got to get yourself together
Does anyone else do this?
« on: January 22, 2019, 10:54:57 AM »
Am I the only one that tries to peek into the underworld while watching a live show on dvd? Try it sometime...you get lots of peeks at the wonderful Dallas...I was SO excited before my very first show (SOI), to see him out on stage for a few minutes, playing with Edge's guitars. We were right off of Edge's little side stage, and I admit to hanging over the railing to get a good glimpse of Edge's board...drooling the whole time. And Dallas came out and ohhhhhhhhhhhhh what a night! All this, of course, after seeing Bono and Adam give autographs outside the arena. (It was the next night that I got to meet Adam and get his autograph, so I should say ohhhhhhhhhh what a weekend!) I swear, it all STILL gives me goosebumps.
You gotta stand up straight, carry your own weight, these tears are going nowhere

laoghaire

Re: Does anyone else do this?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 11:04:56 AM »
Is that you in your av?

riffraff

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 11:08:24 AM »
Yes! It was truly a thrill of my lifetime...
You gotta stand up straight, carry your own weight, these tears are going nowhere

laoghaire

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 11:22:37 AM »
It's an awesome pic.

Last summer in Boston, waiting for U2 to come on stage (had not seen them in 25 YEARS) my husband casually said, "I can see the guitar player."

"THE EDGE?? YOU CAN SEE THE EDGE??!!??"

"Yeah, he's just standing there, guitar on, arms crossed. Seems to be waiting."

"!??!!!?@@&&**%##!!!!"

When I calmed down somewhat, I had another thought:

"Can you see a blonde guy? With surfer dude hair?"

"No, just the guitar guy."

"THE EDGE!!!111!!!!!!"

"Yeah, okay."

riffraff

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2019, 11:28:50 AM »
Very cool!
I had enough trouble staying sane while meeting Adam. If Edge had been there, well my guy probably would have had to carry me home in a bucket.

laoghaire

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2019, 11:37:35 AM »
I'm very aware in the differences in our stories. I lost my shit because my husband could see Edge waiting to start the show.

You breathed Adam's air and maybe even touched his hand, I don't know. He may have made noises with his English Gentleman's Voice Box that were aimed at you, and his eardrums vibrated with the sound of your voice, which was transmitted to his brain in a manner where he observed you as an individual human being standing in front of him.

All I hoped to share with my non-anecdote is that I LOOKED for Dallas.

riffraff

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2019, 11:43:49 AM »
um...yeah, well I didn't touch his hand, but I did look directly into his eyes, and my guy says that Adam and I did talk a little bit. I honestly don't remember what I said...I was in a state of shock...most likely it was something like "your music saved my life" or maybe even "can I lick your toes" or something equally riffraff-ish

Shank Asu

• can't fight for sh-- but sure can take a beating
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2019, 12:07:53 PM »
There's seems to be a lot of love for this Dallas.  I'll be honest, i'd never heard his name before coming onto the forums.

laoghaire

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2019, 12:11:21 PM »
An hour of what should be mind numbing guitar tech nerd talk is an absolute pleasure with the gem that is Dallas Schoo. MOAR DALLAS.

riffraff

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2019, 12:22:46 PM »
An hour of what should be mind numbing guitar tech nerd talk is an absolute pleasure with the gem that is Dallas Schoo. MOAR DALLAS.

I LOVE this...and have watched it maybe 4 or 5 times...ah...I must confess to having a guitar fetish!

laoghaire

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2019, 12:33:25 PM »
Do you play?

riffraff

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2019, 12:37:37 PM »
Do you play?
I used to play guitar quite well and piano very well. But my hand got sorta crushed and never quite recovered...so now I just enjoy other people playing!

laoghaire

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2019, 12:44:50 PM »
Oh, jeez, that sucks.

riffraff

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2019, 01:22:02 PM »
It's cool...it was a LONG time ago.

guest87

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2019, 10:18:45 PM »

I LOVE this...and have watched it maybe 4 or 5 times...ah...I must confess to having a guitar fetish!

Interesting piece.  He was also Prince's guitar tech on the 1990 Nude tour.