Prayers, Good Thoughts, and/or Good Vibes Requests

• 15 Replies

achtungx

• Lillywhite Called Me a Naughty British Slang Word
Prayers, Good Thoughts, and/or Good Vibes Requests
« on: January 04, 2019, 10:27:04 PM »
Thought that this might be a good idea for a thread.

A place for forum users to post things that are weighing on their minds and hearts so that we can be an uplifting, supportive community to each other. If you are religious offer prayers, if you aren't religious offer good thoughts and vibes.

Positivity in itself can help.

I'll go 1st actually. I came back to work the day after New Year's Day, and got a call telling me that I was being let go after 17 years. I'm getting 12 weeks severance pay, so hopefully I can find something before then. Prayers, thoughts and good vibes are most welcome and appreciated.

All the Best.

Thanks.
I saw Gloria live. Even if I never see the band live again, at least I saw Gloria live. :)

riffraff

• I'll be up with the sun
Re: Prayers, Good Thoughts, and/or Good Vibes Requests
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 10:56:36 PM »
Ah, that is not good news...but I have been in that situation, and survived it quite well. You will get through this tough time, and you will be better for it. I will remember you in my daily talks with the  Big Guy in the sky...
what you leave behind you don't miss anyway

JTNash

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 11:04:31 PM »
Prayers maybe this is a good thing who knows job market is pretty good I hear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Plant a demon seed raise a flower of fire

MPare1966

• Trying to throw my arms around the world
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 11:17:52 PM »
Remain optimistic, thatís the key.

Iíll use a famous Churchill quote here:

ęA pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Ľ

May this setback lead you to better things.
First Chair. Last Call.

Codeguy

• ^ This man does not exist ^
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2019, 03:09:46 AM »
Thatís a great idea, achtungx.....

May you have a speedy return to employment! The market is decent right now, youíll be fine......
--------
< - This man does not exist.

riffraff

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2019, 08:08:51 AM »
It's just a moment...this time will pass. Have faith.

shineinthesummernight

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2019, 09:55:05 AM »
Prayers for you, Achtung X.  This happened unexpectedly to my husband a couple of times and he landed on his feet with something better.  Keep the faith.

achtungx

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2019, 02:23:25 AM »
Thanks everybody. I'm at peace with it and feel that it's all in God's hands. Mostly just sad to leave a place where I made a lot of friends over the past 17 years. Going to take a week off before diving back into the job search, since my birthday is Tuesday. Had a splurge day to take my mind off things, bought a few different teas, found a good deal on a Burberry tie on Poshmark. Had an amazing burger at Shake Shack.
I saw Gloria live. Even if I never see the band live again, at least I saw Gloria live. :)

guest87

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2019, 09:20:20 PM »
Let this be a lesson to you achtung: there is no loyalty anymore and a lack of loyalty is two way street.  Remember, there is an opportunity cost involved in your 17 years at your old firm, that's 17 years out of your life you could have been doing something else, so hopefully your sacking will prove in the end to be a blessing in disguise. 

achtungx

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2019, 02:48:47 PM »
Definitely agree there's no loyalty. Never really expected there to be any though. Guess I'm a realist in that regard. Had a phone interview yesterday that I think went well. Been getting depressed though as the week has gone on. Still need you all. :)

riffraff

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2019, 03:01:50 PM »
Definitely agree there's no loyalty. Never really expected there to be any though. Guess I'm a realist in that regard. Had a phone interview yesterday that I think went well. Been getting depressed though as the week has gone on. Still need you all. :)
We're here for you!

achtungx

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2019, 11:50:20 PM »
We're here for you!
So far so good here. Had a 2nd phone interview on Tuesday. The guy who would be my boss said that he liked what he heard and said he'd definitely be in touch to arrange a face to face 3rd interview. He called today. My 3rd interview is Monday at 10AM! So another request for yinz. :)

Codeguy

• ^ This man does not exist ^
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2019, 03:16:21 AM »
We're here for you!
So far so good here. Had a 2nd phone interview on Tuesday. The guy who would be my boss said that he liked what he heard and said he'd definitely be in touch to arrange a face to face 3rd interview. He called today. My 3rd interview is Monday at 10AM! So another request for yinz. :)
awesome. Sending good vibes.
--------
< - This man does not exist.

riffraff

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2019, 06:06:25 AM »
Looking good...there are opportunities everywhere, and yours will appear soon!

achtungx

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2019, 07:57:58 PM »
Got called in this morning for a 2nd face to face (4th overall interview) today. Was told that I was one of two finalists. It was a more casual interview this time. They told me that they'd make their decision today and call me. On the way out, the Sales Manager that I was interviewing with said "Enjoy your weekend. Go spend your severance!" I thought that was odd. Then around 3PM I got the call offering me the position.

Thanks everyone!