Contribute to Tour or Album

• 9 Replies

acrobat62

• I'm hatching some plot, scheming some scheme
Contribute to Tour or Album
« on: January 03, 2019, 09:11:27 AM »
I ask because I had a dream a few nights ago where I was meeting with the band to discuss and help guide the next album. I am no musician, simply a fan, but, in the dream, they took my opinion seriously.  So I thought it might be interesting to find out where you would spend your energy if you were actually asked to offer thoughts, ideas, feedback on the next album or tour, which would you choose.

I picked album myself, not because of the dream, but generally speaking the music on a new album generally contributes to the tenor of the following tour and the music lasts forever, a tour is a fleeting moment in time.

riffraff

• And I don't know what's what
Re: Contribute to Tour or Album
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 09:22:48 AM »
album...
but almost picked tour...just to make sure they come to Phoenix.
She's gonna dream up the world she wants to live in

acrobat62

• I'm hatching some plot, scheming some scheme
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 09:32:50 AM »
album...

Or how about your back yard if you would really have influence.  ;)

riffraff

• And I don't know what's what
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 10:36:43 AM »
album...

Or how about your back yard if you would really have influence.  ;)
YES!
She's gonna dream up the world she wants to live in

Soloyan

• I'm not sleeping
    • GREG LEMOND FANS
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 11:57:02 AM »
Both are tempting but I chose album. Always dreamed of being locked up in a studio with U2 and observe the process... but I'd rather do that in 1986 than, say... 2002 !
A dangerous idea that almost makes sense...

an tha

• And you can swallow, or you can spit....
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2019, 12:27:38 PM »
Album.....

I'd ban any kind of pop sound, edge playing those fucking boring slide parts and force bono to stop yelping in that high register and sing in a low register.

Turn Larry and Adam up in the mix...turn Bono down (a lot) in the mix and give edge some more interesting stringed instruments to explore....and stop him doing that boring fucking chugging guitar sound he has been over using in verses since Vertigo.

Larry would be toning down the drum patterns where he almost constantly seems to be ending with the same big cymbal smash too.

No cheesy keyboard fills and no endless tinkering....a lot of recording live and from improvisation before a very short and focused period of 'finishing'

The result?

The best u2 record since Pop as long as they behave themselves and do as told.

You are welcome!

« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 12:46:39 PM by an tha »

guest346

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2019, 03:49:56 PM »
I don't know if i could ever forgive myself for the loss of sanity that would ensue as a result of being in the studio with these four guys.  Supposedly, i hope,  Danger Mouse has since retreated to a deserted island somewhere and set himself on fire,  only to be "rescued" by a tropical storm which shat on the flames he doused himself in.  Now he lives alone in isolation,  desolation,  dislocation,  separation, condemnation,  and desperation....so bad he can't... let it go.  Legend has it he spends his days chasing stingrays and eating jellyfish,  meanwhile his only real hope is that a stray shark will discover and attack him,  putting an end to this soul crushing existence that his been his cross to bear,  since son gs of innocence was a defeat snatched from the jaws of victory and molded into the shape of an extinct volcano. 

There is a place i like to go,  on the way home from visits with my remaining parental unit,  it's a country road that shows off the nice scenery we have here;  peaks and valleys,  beautiful sunsets,  the occasional gathering storm.  It's an odd cast of beauty to watch the grassy hills come to an abrupt plateau against the backdrop of an uncertain sky,  often met with distinct contrast and contradictions.  Typically the hillside is littered with black cows grazing on the grass,  not a care in the world these creatures have,  you can tell the future by watching them if you know what to look for. 

If the herd is spread out and grazing the weather is typically stable.  If they are resting here and there and there about,  even better,  it's going to be a calm and uneventful pattern of climate.  If they are huddled together en masse,  it's time to re-evaluate your surroundings and contemplate an exit plan as things may soon be about to blow up all around you. 

The day after tomorrow,  as i am leaving the parental unit's home and heading back to my own, i notice the cows are scattered all over this hillside in a calm and satisfying manner,  all of them like chocolate chips in a great big batch of cookie dough.  Every bovine eye looking every other way,  all of them except for one.  She seems to be the one from my dreams - the moonshot - from the land of milk and honey.  She knows my name and the nuclear codes too,  she possesses a certain wisdom generally reserved for the creation of the stars and the end of civilizations. 

The secrets from the vaults of my deepest memories are suddenly sprung as my life passes before me in an instant - albeit a rather lengthy one.  As the power leaves my body i am floating in the wake of a butterfly's dizzying path as they make their annual pilgrimage down south.  Except they did this a few months ago....or maybe it was weeks.....again i am painting a target on the ghost which has it's own way of creating inaccuracies and improbable circumstances.  Below me the ground is a field of ruin,  like an ant colony overtaken by a toxic flood,  above me it's like looking through a glass of water - you can see everything now but it's all somewhat distorted.

Space seems like a drag show in a cathedral,  or an art gallery in a bombed out palace - it's just that full of contradictions.  I'm seeing the end of it all as we know it - and there is really no end in sight.  The galaxy does not climax into one final pulse that sets your body ablaze in a supernova while your soul is forever lost through the event horizon.  Rather,  something completely different and tricky happens.  You know these portals that keep popping up everywhere,  they're like magnets.  The signs are everywhere....though few care to see or recognize them...can you?

I am back in my car driving again now,  along that hilly road,  a little bit of rust was knocked off during this experience but a few more bits and pieces is all i have to show for it.  Most of the intensity was just too much to bear for the average person.  Seeing life through her eyes i can understand her role on this place and why she becomes the magnificent creature that she is,  from the mother to the calf to the earth and the stars and beyond.....she's seen it all too and she huddles together with her herd on occasions of bad weather and other dangers because she knows in her soul things that humans lacking instincts require humans ruined by machines to tell them.  She knows the future as she's lived it through the past,  as she will again and again. 

As the circle goes on and on...and the cycle repeats....im picking up seashells on the beach and wondering why i hear a whale crying out for the first time in never of a life lived beyond my dimension and comprehension.  It's been said that the best way for man to repay earth for the damage inflicted would be to surrender himself to the ocean,  offer his body to the sea and let him exist in that space for many generations to come in  support of the world's greatest ecosystem.  The enemy of this great offering would be to attempt a jumping of the shark - gravity and death defying feat in which everyone else suffers for your perceived success. 

This being said,  if i had to choose between the choices posed in this thread,  i would likely go with "Tour".  I think i might have more to offer up on that level - assuming there is no bullhorn or megaphone involved.  I would stand my ground to the dying day on that principle alone.  As i would hate for my legacy to be associated with the possibilities of endless clunkers - so too would i cringe at the though of a political asteroid field being opened up on anything i have lent my spirit to. 

And you know that spirit never really dies...it's going to be around to haunt and be haunted for a very long time.  So by all means,  tread well and only light the fires that need to be lit,  only shine the light where darkness hides beauty that should not be kept,  and always give more love than you can ever possibly accept. 

73October

• Dream out loud
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2019, 05:06:05 PM »
I'd love to work with Willie Williams, coming up with ideas for the tour.
With that brilliant head so publicly on display (his is the MRI brain scan), it would be hard, but fun, task!
One love, One blood, One life;
You got to do what you should.
One life; With each other
Sisters, Brothers
One life; But we're not the same
We get to carry each other, Carry each other

shineinthesummernight

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2019, 09:06:39 PM »
The album--lyrical twists and turns would be fun!

guest28

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2019, 02:40:23 PM »
Id like to have my input on an allbum. Then, we would know that the the band will be touring a kick ass album