The Riffraff Appreciation Thread

• 679 Replies

guest4

Re: The Riffraff Appreciation Thread
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2017, 10:48:37 AM »
I saved this post from the old forum...didn't want to lose it...my review of TJT show in Phoenix:

Bono's voice was pretty strong throughout the evening...sounded really good, just a couple of missed notes. The screen was quite impressive.
Bad was wonderful...Edge was on fire (I just HAD to say that!)
Streets...I literally had tears running down my face during that long, beautiful intro.
WOWY...Edge had a problem with the infinite guitar...which he quickly remedied.
BTBS...awesome, again Edge was just on fire.
RHMT...a little weak, but nice.
IGC was wonderful...really wonderful.
TTYW...fun, fun, fun!
OTH...beautifully performed.
Exit was definitely the best song of the night...the band were so spot on. Unbelievable.
Elevation! YAY! I thought of an tha during this entire song...the crowd loved it, and it looked like the guys enjoyed playing it.
Vertigo rocked the house.
You're The Best Thing...very good! I wasn't completely sure how I felt about this song until I saw it live...it's great!
UV...I can die happy now.
One, with a DROWNING MAN snippet! YES YES YES

I stick with my view of "arena's are better", but this show was really impressive. I honestly think SOI was a better show, overall, but I had a WONDERFUL time.

Oh...Beck was so loud that the sound was distorted...my friend and I actually left our seats after two songs and went out where we couldn't hear it so well. I like loud music, but...not if you can't even understand the words due to distortion.

JFW

• Refu-JFW
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2017, 10:50:44 AM »
I guess that was their best show after Amsterdam II! ;D
See through in the sunlight

Zeropartii

• Living Rent-Free in Your Head
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2017, 11:51:45 AM »
This might be riffy at a concert if hawkmoon and acrobat were swapped. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guest4

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2017, 12:20:21 PM »
This might be riffy at a concert if hawkmoon and acrobat were swapped. 

Oh, you know me WAY too well!

Zeropartii

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2017, 02:26:52 PM »
I'm excited for this new forum.  We got the ripest fruit from the orchard all in one basket. 

guest4

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2017, 02:42:12 PM »
I'm excited for this new forum.  We got the ripest fruit from the orchard all in one basket. 

Yeah, me too...I think it's gonna be a great place to hang out. Uh, ripest fruit? hee

Zeropartii

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2017, 02:54:09 PM »
Cutest puppies of the litter

guest4

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2017, 02:58:44 PM »
Cutest puppies of the litter

Much better! I'd rather be a puppy than a fruit...fruit just rots, puppies stay cute.

Zeropartii

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2017, 03:06:55 PM »
Brightest stars in the galaxy

guest4

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2017, 03:28:33 PM »
Brightest stars in the galaxy

We'll shine like stars in the summer night

Kmama07

• She is everywhere and no place
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2017, 07:30:27 PM »
I hadn't thought about saving posts. Great idea. I'd like to keep my review as well. Thanks for the idea.
Hey, hey, sha la la

guest4

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2017, 07:35:22 PM »
I hadn't thought about saving posts. Great idea. I'd like to keep my review as well. Thanks for the idea.
You better hurry...

Zeropartii

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2017, 08:15:25 PM »
You better hurry...
I gotta save my Blackout prediction

guest4

« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2017, 09:24:02 AM »
So, I worked out to The Joshua Tree this morning...very early, still dark outside, I'm out under the stars with my ancient disc man. And, just like every single time I hear it, I choked up a bit during the Streets intro...the organ, the beautiful guitar, the bass coming in, the build up to that first cymbal crash. This song is my connection to God. I know, I know, I drink and I cuss (but I've given up lots of BAD vices!). So, I'm human, far from perfect. But...
I am so thankful for the music that U2 has given us. And, thankful for my U2 fan-family.
Anyway...where the hell was I going with this? I don't know... (remember, I never claimed to be completely sane...so if you choose to visit my thread, be prepared for some good old fashioned goofiness!)

acrobat62

• I'm hatching some plot, scheming some scheme
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2017, 10:19:34 AM »
So, I worked out to The Joshua Tree this morning...very early, still dark outside, I'm out under the stars with my ancient disc man. And, just like every single time I hear it, I choked up a bit during the Streets intro...the organ, the beautiful guitar, the bass coming in, the build up to that first cymbal crash. This song is my connection to God. I know, I know, I drink and I cuss (but I've given up lots of BAD vices!). So, I'm human, far from perfect. But...
I am so thankful for the music that U2 has given us. And, thankful for my U2 fan-family.
Anyway...where the hell was I going with this? I don't know... (remember, I never claimed to be completely sane...so if you choose to visit my thread, be prepared for some good old fashioned goofiness!)

Streets in not my favorite song, I know sacrilege, but reading you describe your experience and playing the intro in my head gives me goose bumps all by itself.  Not many things can do that without actually experienceing it in real time.