Zeropartii

• Living Rent-Free in Your Head
6 hours of Bono singing on repeat
« on: December 23, 2018, 04:14:57 PM »
“Well tonight thank God it’s them instead of you”

The Edges Cat

Re: 6 hours of Bono singing on repeat
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2018, 05:17:23 PM »
600 hours for Danger Mouse, no wonder he went mad. ;)
The Edge: “[Eno] would love to see us making albums a bit more like [Zooropa]. Where we go, ‘You know what? We’re not going to second-guess any of this. Let’s just go for it.’”

U2 Fans: We'd all love to see that, Edge.

Shank Asu

• can't fight for sh-- but sure can take a beating
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 05:39:05 PM »
i guess at least this is the first version and not the later ones where he really hams it up.

Codeguy

• ^ This man does not exist ^
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2018, 06:59:15 PM »
This is the best christmas present ever ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
--------
< - This man does not exist.

riffraff

• I'll be up with the sun
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2018, 07:15:03 PM »
That's why everything is called "The Bono Show" in my house.
what you leave behind you don't miss anyway

guest94

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2018, 04:05:04 PM »
If you have a family member you hate then this is the perfect gift.

Codeguy

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2018, 09:21:37 PM »
If you have a family member you hate then this is the perfect gift.
I agree. This is a great gag gift!!!!!!
--------

guest259

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2018, 01:15:48 PM »
Didn't they use this for getting confessions from Al Queada?

riffraff

• I'll be up with the sun
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2018, 01:26:23 PM »
It's better than water-boarding!
what you leave behind you don't miss anyway

Codeguy

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2018, 05:28:58 PM »
It’s like torturing people by force feeding them a well aged wine.
--------

73October

• Dream out loud
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2018, 05:00:24 PM »
Compline, meditation style (maybe not for the full 6.5 hours)!

For 6.5 hours, some politicians should be made to listen to it non stop during working hours, maybe on a day when they do desk work. Then they might even think about what they do and how it impacts others etc.
One love, One blood, One life;
You got to do what you should.
One life; With each other
Sisters, Brothers
One life; But we're not the same
We get to carry each other, Carry each other

Shank Asu

• can't fight for sh-- but sure can take a beating
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2018, 06:49:13 AM »
i drove my wife nuts with this.

guest346

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2019, 08:09:38 PM »
The strangest thing happened this morning when i got up for work,  sort of,  i mean the time was all jumbled up and even though i get up for work early and it's still dark out,  it was absolutely light outside.  As was routine in this dangerous new world,  we boarded the bus to take people from my compound to the base since we are no longer allowed to drive cars - kind of like the way Area 51 shuttles it's employees in by jet. 

The bus was barreling down the highway with all of us on board when we slowed down to taken an exit ramp which merges onto another highway.  During this slow curve we encountered a small Tyrannosaurus hiding in the shadows under the overpass,  it was apparently there to try and scare an unsuspecting vehicle into running off of the road so that it could come and attack the persons in the vehicle.  Our bus driver skillfully swerved to avoid the roaring monster,  and was able to keep us from crashing into the best or the side of the overpass. 

As we sped onto the new highway the carnage was everywhere,  the shells of burned out car crashes and the occasional carcass lying beside it,  the bones picked clean by scavengers.  The bus driver received a transmission from the base instructing him to abort - apparently there was some kind of containment breach and they were not sure how long it would take to resolve. 

The bus was able to turn around and head back the other way,  however we did not have clearance to go back to our sectioned off community due to some violent uprising outside of our gates.  Instead we were diverted to another compound where we would remain until given the "all clear".  And so we waited in this compound for a bit until they decided to let us into a make shift warehouse (staging area) to have some lunch.  Once inside the warehouse it really was nice and had a sort of country lodge atmosphere,  wooden furnishings,  nice rugs,  etc.  The people inside though were a bit strange,  many of them were much older and even some of them acted a bit on the crazy side. 

There was one lady in particular,  every few minutes she would scream out at the top of her lungs "has anyone seen my pussy!"  Most of the others there would simply ignore her,  but those of us who had just entered from the bus were quite shocked to see this behavior.  We found a place to huddle for a while near the fireplace and eat our food,  which is when i noticed it staring at me from underneath a table in the corner of the room.  At first all i could see was a pair of eyes glaring at me,  but eventually it crawled out from the dark table to reveal itself to me,  and it was perhaps the largest domestic cat i had ever seen. 

For whatever reason it seemed to ignore everyone else and focus solely on me.  It stood rather tall for a domestic cat,  with a long body and an exotic coat,  complete with spots and stripes,  as well as large pointy ears.  I would estimate this cat to be around 25 pounds,  though it was certainly not fat,  just really big bodied.  It came up to me and sniffed around me,  staring deep into my eyes. 

The lights flickered in the building and then went completely dark.  Apparently we were having a power outage due to the escalation of violence or a solar flare,  or who knows what reason this time around.  Just when i thought it would be a good time go take a little nap,  word came out that we were on the move again.  We had received clearance to get back on the bus and head for home.

As the bus sped down the highway we all braced for the exit which would take us onto the other highway, expecting that the Tyrannosaurus might be there waiting for us to come back the other way.  Instead,  what we found was a jack knifed tractor trailer in the grassy area between the exit ramps,  and the reptile was laid out on the road,  roaring in agony with massive trauma from being hit by the large truck.  There would be more beasts where this one came from. 

Smoke and occasional bright flashes of light dotted the horizon of the desolate city we call home.  As we sped down the mostly deserted highway i felt something nudge me under the seat of the bus.  I looked around expecting to see a bag of gear or something that perhaps had rolled around during our evasive travels.  Instead i looked down and much to my surprise there was the beautiful giant cat from back at the warehouse staring back up at me. 

"Hey what do we have here" i said as i reached down to pet my new friend.  The kitty purred at me and half closed it's eyes as it stared up at me.  Then without warning it jumped up into the seat,  nearly knocking me over with it's momentum and size.  I was taken back but continued to pet the kitty.  "Do you have a name" i wondered aloud as i massaged it's silky and exotic coat,  and just like that a voice came out of nowhere,  or well actually it was from the seat behind me,  "has anyone seen my pussy!"

Sitting on the seat back of the seat behind me was a giant cockatoo,  another smuggled guest from the warehouse compound!  As soon as the bird had spoken,  the giant cat lept off of my lap and began to chase the bird all over the bus.  Fur and feathers flying in every direction!
 This understandably created quite a bit of chaos on the bus.  The driver had been so focused on the mission up until this point,  however was becoming increasingly more distracted from his driving as he tried to see what was tearing up his bus. 

About this time the bus driver screamed and slammed on the brakes,  the bus skidded sideways for several hundred feet before rolling over several times in the middle of the road.  I will never know what spooked him so badly,  however when all of the dust had settled it became clear that we were no longer alone on the road.  The bus was surrounded by a pack of vicious and hungry Velociraptors peering in the windows at us...

:o