Inhaler - increased maturity and only time until the breakthrough?

• 31 Replies

73October

• Dream out loud
Eli Hewson (and who might he be now??) and Co have been out on the road again and I found this clip from 2 weeks ago.  It's pretty special.  I've seen that outfit he's wearing somewhere else, last year ;)

They are now worthy of their own thread on General Music  as they don't want to be lumped in with U2 (understandably). 
One love, One blood, One life;
You got to do what you should.
One life; With each other
Sisters, Brothers
One life; But we're not the same
We get to carry each other, Carry each other

JTNash

Re: Inhaler - increased maturity and only time until the breakthrough?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 11:10:11 AM »
Love it, I feel proud of him like hes my kid lol
Plant a demon seed raise a flower of fire

mariamontreal

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2018, 11:24:02 AM »
Boy do I ever see  a young Bono in him they sound a bit like the Cure  really good
She moves in mysterious ways

MPare1966

• Trying to throw my arms around the world
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2018, 11:51:56 AM »
Huge ressemblance in the voice also. Maybe not as much as it was with Julian/John Lennon but its clearly there.
First Chair. Last Call.

JTNash

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2018, 01:18:44 PM »
Huge ressemblance in the voice also. Maybe not as much as it was with Julian/John Lennon but its clearly there.
he sounds just like him at that age

an tha

• And you can swallow, or you can spit....
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2018, 01:30:06 PM »
If this band did not feature Bono's offspring and were posted in one of the many new music threads that get posted on here, or in the 'allow me to introduce to you' thread literally nobody here would give a fuck about them/comment. There is loads of new stuff posted in here regularly and it is largely ignored.

But as they do feature Bono's offspring here we are with comments calling them 'special' and 'really good'...
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 01:32:57 PM by an tha »

JTNash

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2018, 01:40:46 PM »
If this band did not feature Bono's offspring and were posted in one of the many new music threads that get posted on here, or in the 'allow me to introduce to you' thread literally nobody here would give a fuck about them/comment. There is loads of new stuff posted in here regularly and it is largely ignored.

But as they do feature Bono's offspring here we are with comments calling them 'special' and 'really good'...
well I get that but who you know is how the music business works.

Also we like Bono and his kids sounds like him not a stretch to like both

MPare1966

• Trying to throw my arms around the world
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2018, 02:25:03 PM »

Normal, its a U2 forum. So anything remotely related will generate comments. And dont worry, in my case I listen to everything new that is posted.  ;)
First Chair. Last Call.

an tha

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2018, 03:18:25 PM »

Normal, its a U2 forum. So anything remotely related will generate comments. And dont worry, in my case I listen to everything new that is posted.  ;)

Oh i know! I just find it amusing thats all!

Codeguy

• ^ This man does not exist ^
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2018, 03:27:08 PM »

That's only partially true. I think they have so far flattered to disappoint. From the first couple of songs they released about two years ago, they definitely sounded like they had potential, but I don't think they've done much since.
--------
< - This man does not exist.

an tha

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2018, 03:42:25 PM »

That's only partially true. I think they have so far flattered to disappoint. From the first couple of songs they released about two years ago, they definitely sounded like they had potential, but I don't think they've done much since.

I am not familiar with them really, but I may have read somewhere they are still at school/university or whatever so i can imagine that maybe they aren't 'full time' yet??

Codeguy

• ^ This man does not exist ^
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2018, 05:28:09 PM »

I am not familiar with them really, but I may have read somewhere they are still at school/university or whatever so i can imagine that maybe they aren't 'full time' yet??
hmm, I thought they were full time. Eli is 19 so it's possible he's in college.....
--------
< - This man does not exist.

The Edges Cat

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2018, 08:33:13 PM »
I was about to say I don't hear anything special or unique about them. Then I realised I sound like one of the old men who said the same about U2 when they first started.
The Edge: [Eno] would love to see us making albums a bit more like [Zooropa]. Where we go, You know what? Were not going to second-guess any of this. Lets just go for it.

U2 Fans: We'd all love to see that, Edge.

The Edges Cat

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2018, 08:35:25 PM »
But bloody hell I can see and hear the old man in Eli! If I didn't know he was Bono's son, I'd be asking the question -- or asking why 40 year old footage of U2 looks and sounds so good! lol
The Edge: [Eno] would love to see us making albums a bit more like [Zooropa]. Where we go, You know what? Were not going to second-guess any of this. Lets just go for it.

U2 Fans: We'd all love to see that, Edge.

riffraff

• You've got to get yourself together
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2018, 06:25:51 AM »
Yep, there is definitely a lot of Bono in that boy...lucky kid!
You gotta stand up straight, carry your own weight, these tears are going nowhere