Online Dating. Any one do it?

• 81 Replies

guest28

Online Dating. Any one do it?
« on: November 26, 2018, 10:47:03 AM »
If so, what are your experiences with it? I been on for many yrs now. I pretty much dont even get a message sent to me. I wouldnt mind so much if the site was full of complete Honeys, who are out of my league, but its not!

guest87

Re: Online Dating. Any one do it?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 01:58:52 PM »
Don't Do It!!!

Shank Asu

• can't fight for sh-- but sure can take a beating
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 02:13:32 PM »
Tried it once before I was married.  Didn't have much luck with it.  Went on one date and ended up dating her for a few months but it wasn't a good match.  Never bothered again.

il_capo

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 05:58:48 PM »
I've done it in the past and think it's overall good - you get to know someone through their thoughts and ideas.  In everyday life people tend to be less candid and open without the protection of a computer screen to hide behind.  Physical distance tends to be the main problem to taking things forward.

guest94

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2018, 07:06:20 PM »
I met my wife online. Granted, it wasn't a dating site, but we talked and become friends online before meeting and deciding to date. We were members of a Christian message board and a number of people on that site ended up marrying, which is pretty cool. ;D

ShadowMac

• The artist formerly known as tigerfan41
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2018, 08:06:15 PM »
I met my now fiancť on OKCupid--didn't have much luck on there for several months before. He messaged me, despite living 3500 miles away, we started talking as friends, clicked and then progressed to more. Hasn't been easy, but it's definitely been worth it. I say give online dating a shot, but be sure to check up on the authenticity of the people before you meet them.

il_capo

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2018, 08:16:44 PM »
I met my now fiancť on OKCupid--didn't have much luck on there for several months before. He messaged me, despite living 3500 miles away, we started talking as friends, clicked and then progressed to more. Hasn't been easy, but it's definitely been worth it. I say give online dating a shot, but be sure to check up on the authenticity of the people before you meet them.

Sage advice, but I say don't check up on the authenticity of me, or any prospective date might not want to meet :P

Zeropartii

• Living Rent-Free in Your Head
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2018, 08:44:02 PM »
I used Match in the past and met some people. 

Right now I play around with Tinder, Bumble, and Hinge on my phone.   Itís a lot of window shopping because you are looking for mutual swipes.   I went on a couple dates in the spring.  3 women in their 30s.  I didnít follow up on 2nd-3rd dates, for different reasons.  I guess I know what Iím looking for.   One gal was treating me like her therapist. 

guest259

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2018, 08:46:24 PM »
Was on OKCupid for a while and it led to a few dates and one short term relationship.

guest87

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2018, 08:57:50 PM »

Right now I play around with Tinder, Bumble, and Hinge on my phone.   Itís a lot of window shopping because you are looking for mutual swipes.   I went on a couple dates in the spring.  3 women in their 30s.  I didnít follow up on 2nd-3rd dates, for different reasons.  I guess I know what Iím looking for.   One gal was treating me like her therapist.

At some point on the date you should have made to look at your watch and press stop and then say 'I'm sorry we'll have to end it there, your fifty minutes are up.  That will be $250, how would you like to pay?'

ShadowMac

• The artist formerly known as tigerfan41
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2018, 09:22:35 PM »

Sage advice, but I say don't check up on the authenticity of me, or any prospective date might not want to meet :P

Haha, I doubt that! I think if anything, your authenticity would make more people want to meet you.  :)

At some point on the date you should have made to look at your watch and press stop and then say 'I'm sorry we'll have to end it there, your fifty minutes are up.  That will be $250, how would you like to pay?'

Online dating can really be a crapshoot, lots of people who lie or who don't want something serious or aren't really stable enough for a relationship.

julez728

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2018, 03:33:53 AM »
I filled out the questionnaire at eHarmony many years ago and they basically said I was part of the 20% or so that they couldn't help or something like that.  I recently went back to it and you can't make any adjustments to the questionnaire, which is weird because I'm not exactly the same person I was when I originally filled it out.

I've taken a look at Match.com, but I'm a bit hesitant to give it a chance. 
I feel my luck could change.

JFW

• Refu-JFW
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2018, 07:20:58 AM »
I'm on Tinder and Happn for almost a year now (wanted to try for a month). I think it's nice, I had once a date with a beautiful and interesting girl, but she didn't want a second date. I met once a match in the train, haha, that was fun, but the same story..

It's also a bit frustrating. You'll be still swiping while you're texting with someone, which feels a bit weird.

Somehow I think it's in the way of flirting in real life. You're saturated by the swiping and texting and you're getting sick of telling about your hobby's every...single...time.......
See through in the sunlight

Zeropartii

• Living Rent-Free in Your Head
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2018, 08:20:24 AM »

Seriously.  She kept digging her hole deeper.   I just toughed it out until I finished the bacon wrapped scallops. 

I really wanted to hear how she survived the Vegas shooting but she kept focusing the conversation on her OCD, wanting to get a sibling for her 5 year old daughter before itís ďtoo lateĒ, and how she only drinks alone and gets very angry.   

guest259

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2018, 11:56:19 AM »

Seriously.  She kept digging her hole deeper.   I just toughed it out until I finished the bacon wrapped scallops. 

I really wanted to hear how she survived the Vegas shooting but she kept focusing the conversation on her OCD, wanting to get a sibling for her 5 year old daughter before itís ďtoo lateĒ, and how she only drinks alone and gets very angry.

You may well have had a lucky escape.

http://www.returnofkings.com/63256/5-things-you-must-do-if-you-have-a-female-stalker