LDR appreciation thread

• 105 Replies

Codeguy

• (He, His, Him, Romeo not Juliette, that fucker)
LDR appreciation thread
« on: June 18, 2018, 02:15:19 AM »
She’s husky, powerful, provocative and my favorite female artist of all time.

Let’s hear it for Lana Del Rey
-------

Too tall to be a despot

So Cruel

• It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
Re: LDR appreciation thread
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 10:42:52 AM »
I’m more of a DLR fan

Talk U2 2023 Awards

WINNER - THE ADAM CLAYTON WHO WOULD YOU LIKE TO GO ON A BENDER WITH AWARD

WINNER - THE DAVID LEE ROTH BEST USE OF A MEME/GIF AWARD

Codeguy

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 03:40:29 PM »
I’m more of a DLR fan

No. Just no. And it’s not like I’m a Halen V Roth purist. It’s just that.....Van Halen and everything related to them sucks. Just my humble opinion. 😎
-------

Too tall to be a despot

So Cruel

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 10:32:02 PM »
I’m more of a DLR fan

No. Just no. And it’s not like I’m a Halen V Roth purist. It’s just that.....Van Halen and everything related to them sucks. Just my humble opinion. 😎

No prob, It’s all good

Talk U2 2023 Awards

guest87

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2018, 01:52:44 PM »
I always thought Lana Del Rey was an American resort.

Codeguy

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2018, 03:18:15 PM »
I always thought Lana Del Rey was an American resort.

Sigh. So much for an appreciation thread.

No gods and monsters fans here?
-------

Too tall to be a despot

Kmama07

• She is everywhere and no place
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2018, 04:05:14 PM »
I honestly don't know much about her but will check her out on your recommendation
Hey, hey, sha la la

Loyal Deserter

• In a room full of martyrs, who gets the credit?
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2018, 06:31:51 PM »
I only really know Young and Beautiful and Summertime Sadness.  I quite like the former.  She's got quite a unique and haunting voice. 

The one thing that has always interested me most about her though is how many gay men adore her.  I feel like the percentage of gay men who like Lana Del Ray is way way higher than the percentage of the general public.  (I am a gay man myself).  One guy I met thought she was the greatest and most important living woman and got really offended when I suggested that maybe Hillary Clinton or Angela Merkel might be a bit more significant.

guest22

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2018, 07:20:34 PM »
Lana Del Rey is a Goddess!! Honestly, she's my favourite female artist around today, one of my favourite artists of all-time. I have all her albums. She's one of the few artists where I have to buy all her albums on CD, I'm not happy with just downloads, I have to have the full CD collection! As for her amazing amount of unreleased material that's "out there" online to listen to (most are on YouTube) I have over 100 songs of hers that aren't on any of her official albums (unreleased demos, etc) many all worthy of being on albums and many should have been singles! She makes beautiful music videos that are like mini-movies and are real works of art. I love her retro sound and style, her soothing voice and think she'd be perfect to sing the next James Bond theme song. I also think she should star in a David Lynch movie. She should have been in the new Twin Peaks series, she would have fit in perfectly into Lynch's mad surreal world!

I'm not sure which of her albums is my favourite. I love them all but I have a special fondness for Honeymoon. So many beautiful, haunting songs on it.

Here's the title track. It's simply beautiful.

an tha

• And you can swallow, or you can spit....
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2018, 07:29:30 PM »
I only really know Young and Beautiful and Summertime Sadness.  I quite like the former.  She's got quite a unique and haunting voice. 

The one thing that has always interested me most about her though is how many gay men adore her.  I feel like the percentage of gay men who like Lana Del Ray is way way higher than the percentage of the general public.  (I am a gay man myself).  One guy I met thought she was the greatest and most important living woman and got really offended when I suggested that maybe Hillary Clinton or Angela Merkel might be a bit more significant.

©️1972

guest87

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2018, 07:50:22 PM »

Not Kylie? :o

Codeguy

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2018, 08:26:06 PM »

Sometimes you think An Tha is is not paying attention and then along comes a perfect lead in to a PJ reference and there ya go..... 😂😜😎
-------

Too tall to be a despot

guest87

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2018, 08:28:45 PM »
^ Is that who it is?  I thought it was a young Hillary Rodham Clinton.

Loyal Deserter

• In a room full of martyrs, who gets the credit?
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2018, 08:32:24 PM »
Lana Del Rey is a Goddess!! Honestly, she's my favourite female artist around today, one of my favourite artists of all-time. I have all her albums. She's one of the few artists where I have to buy all her albums on CD, I'm not happy with just downloads, I have to have the full CD collection! As for her amazing amount of unreleased material that's "out there" online to listen to (most are on YouTube) I have over 100 songs of hers that aren't on any of her official albums (unreleased demos, etc) many all worthy of being on albums and many should have been singles! She makes beautiful music videos that are like mini-movies and are real works of art. I love her retro sound and style, her soothing voice and think she'd be perfect to sing the next James Bond theme song. I also think she should star in a David Lynch movie. She should have been in the new Twin Peaks series, she would have fit in perfectly into Lynch's mad surreal world!

I'm not sure which of her albums is my favourite. I love them all but I have a special fondness for Honeymoon. So many beautiful, haunting songs on it.

Here's the title track. It's simply beautiful.

That would be interesting, and it's given me an idea for a topic.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 08:41:03 PM by SwimmingSorrows »

So Cruel

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2018, 11:21:02 AM »

Look at her shake

Talk U2 2023 Awards