Dear U2

• 146 Replies

JTNash

Dear U2
« on: June 08, 2018, 09:34:20 AM »
Think you know better then the band? This is your place to pretend to tell them!

Iíll start

Dear U2,

Please release Red Flag Day or Summer of Love, the 10 year olds in the back seat of my car love those tunes, they have wide ranging appeal.

I think you could get people singing along to a deep topic without them knowing. Woudnít that be fun?

Love and Hugs

JT
Plant a demon seed raise a flower of fire

guest4

Re: Dear U2
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 10:02:35 AM »
Dear U2,

Please do an Achtung Baby tour. Or a Pop tour. Or both. I promise to break my credit card out of it's hiding place for you again. And, if you can find it in your oh-so-big-hearts, throw in Hawkmoon for this old girl.

BOOMCHA, forever, BOOMCHA!
Riffy

JTNash

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 10:10:01 AM »
Dear U2,

Please do an Achtung Baby tour. Or a Pop tour. Or both. I promise to break my credit card out of it's hiding place for you again. And, if you can find it in your oh-so-big-hearts, throw in Hawkmoon for this old girl.

BOOMCHA, forever, BOOMCHA!
Riffy
LOVE ❤️

an tha

• And you can swallow, or you can spit....
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2018, 10:20:22 AM »
Dear U2,

Chasing hits, relevance, holding on to this imaginary 'biggest band in the world' title, and largely coming across as commercial desperados is in my humble opinion damaging your legacy....

You have done it all, over and over again - been number 1 everywhere, been on the front pages of all the magazines - you have received all the accolades, you have a huge and loyal fan base and you are rich beyond comprehension - you have achieved your dreams many times over.

You are now men approaching 60 years of age - it is time gentlemen to "dream it all up again" and escape from the pop rock prison you have built yourselves into....

When your LN deal runs out tell them to fuck off - go it alone, doing your own thing...you have the knowledge, the contacts, the people around you, the fans and the money to enjoy the twilight of your careers exploring new things you haven't done before or things you haven't done for a long long time....don't worry about album sales and how to reach as many people as possible - forget the enormodomes and £250 ticket prices, forget the top 40....forget being tied to LN's whims in exchange for more money that you'll never spend.

Bono, I remember an interview you did with Q magazine about 15 years ago where you said "you'd be a bad ass when you were old".........it's time, lad.

The Best Thing? Come on, lads - really.....is that what you are really about?

Kind Regards

An Tha

julez728

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2018, 10:22:38 AM »
Dear U2,

I know you've played 40 many times, but I've never heard it.  Could you play it at the next show I go to?  I'm not sure exactly when that will be, but I will be sure to let you know.

Sincerely,
Julez
I feel my luck could change.

JTNash

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2018, 10:45:43 AM »
Dear U2,

Chasing hits, relevance, holding on to this imaginary 'biggest band in the world' title, and largely coming across as commercial desperados is in my humble opinion damaging your legacy....

You have done it all, over and over again - been number 1 everywhere, been on the front pages of all the magazines - you have received all the accolades, you have a huge and loyal fan base and you are rich beyond comprehension - you have achieved your dreams many times over.

You are now men approaching 60 years of age - it is time gentlemen to "dream it all up again" and escape from the pop rock prison you have built yourselves into....

When your LN deal runs out tell them to fuck off - go it alone, doing your own thing...you have the knowledge, the contacts, the people around you, the fans and the money to enjoy the twilight of your careers exploring new things you haven't done before or things you haven't done for a long long time....don't worry about album sales and how to reach as many people as possible - forget the enormodomes and £250 ticket prices, forget the top 40....forget being tied to LN's whims in exchange for more money that you'll never spend.

Bono, I remember an interview you did with Q magazine about 15 years ago where you said "you'd be a bad ass when you were old".........it's time, lad.

Kind Regards

An Tha
An Tha Bono is staring not to give a F!  Itís coming lol

MPare1966

• Trying to throw my arms around the world
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2018, 10:52:55 AM »
Dear U2,

Kind Regards

An Tha

Shitty LN deal, it has to die after this tour.

But for them, it's so much easier going at it that way. Hopefuly, they'll subcontract the managment to some other entity less commercialy driven. Maybe. But I doubt it.
First Chair. Last Call.

guest87

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2018, 01:20:02 PM »
Think you know better then the band? This is your place to pretend to tell them!

Iíll start

Dear U2,

Please release Red Flag Day or Summer of Love, the 10 year olds in the back seat of my car love those tunes, they have wide ranging appeal.

I think you could get people singing along to a deep topic without them knowing. Woudnít that be fun?

Love and Hugs

JT

They've already been released. 

Codeguy

• ^ This man does not exist ^
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2018, 01:30:11 PM »
Dear U2

I was there the night you said you had to go away and dream it all up again. I was devestated. When Achtung Baby came out, I didnít get it. But then I loved it and it all made sense because it didnít make any sense. You chopped down the Joshua tree and put an urban jungle in its place and it was the best move you ever made.

Now itís time to dispense with all that you canít leave behind. Youíve got to leave it behind. Your best moments in the last two decades were the ones where you did leave it behind. Book of your heart. Being born. Troubles. Sleep like a baby. Original of the species.

Itís time. Dream it all up again. Most wont follow and the stadiums wonít come calling. Youíre the most successful live band in history, by a long way. Youíve played to 40,000,000 people and theyíve made you mega rich.

Thereís no need for another stadium tour supported by another destined-to-fail pop rock album. Try something different.

Bowie inspired your reinvention in the 1990s. Let his last act inspire your next, for Lazarus is surely the greatest finale ever put on by a rock star.

Yours with love and devotion.
A lifelong fan.

--------
< - This man does not exist.

guest87

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2018, 01:50:18 PM »
Dear U2,

If I don't get the chance to talk to you again,  I'd just like to say thanks for the good years, you were good.

Regards,

One of those folks who gave you a great life.

The Exile

• The public enemy don't mean shit to Chuck D.
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2018, 01:57:29 PM »
Dear U2,

Kind Regards

An Tha

Dear U2,

Please check your mailbox, there's a letter in there from An Tha that you really need to read.

Sincerely,

The Exile
Listen as Hope and Peace try to rhyme,
Listen over marching bands playing out their time.

Kmama07

• She is everywhere and no place
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2018, 02:15:43 PM »
Dear U2

I was there the night you said you had to go away and dream it all up again. I was devestated. When Achtung Baby came out, I didnít get it. But then I loved it and it all made sense because it didnít make any sense. You chopped down the Joshua tree and put an urban jungle in its place and it was the best move you ever made.

Now itís time to dispense with all that you canít leave behind. Youíve got to leave it behind. Your best moments in the last two decades were the ones where you did leave it behind. Book of your heart. Being born. Troubles. Sleep like a baby. Original of the species.

Itís time. Dream it all up again. Most wont follow and the stadiums wonít come calling. Youíre the most successful live band in history, by a long way. Youíve played to 40,000,000 people and theyíve made you mega rich.

Thereís no need for another stadium tour supported by another destined-to-fail pop rock album. Try something different.

Bowie inspired your reinvention in the 1990s. Let his last act inspire your next, for Lazarus is surely the greatest finale ever put on by a rock star.

Yours with love and devotion.
A lifelong fan.
This got me all emotional...
Hey, hey, sha la la

Kmama07

• She is everywhere and no place
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2018, 02:16:28 PM »
Dear U2,

Kind Regards

An Tha

Dear U2,

Please check your mailbox, there's a letter in there from An Tha that you really need to read.

Sincerely,

The Exile
Aaaaand...now I'm laughing again
Hey, hey, sha la la

JFW

• Refu-JFW
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2018, 02:16:45 PM »
Dear U2,

I know you've played 40 many times, but I've never heard it.  Could you play it at the next show I go to?  I'm not sure exactly when that will be, but I will be sure to let you know.

Sincerely,
Julez
Yes please!
See through in the sunlight

acrobat62

• I'm hatching some plot, scheming some scheme
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2018, 02:27:04 PM »
Dear U2,

You have earned the right and privilege after all these years to do whatever the heck you want to do regardless of the fall out.  I have enjoyed each incarnation of yourselves these past 35 years I have been a fan, some more then others, but isn't any relationship the same? I wish you all the best in whatever comes next, and hopefully that includes some kind of small club or theater tour to a town near me.

With all my gratitude,
acrobat62

P.S. Don't open that letter from an tha, you really can't tell what will POP out if you do.  ::)