I Don't Run - Hinds

• 9 Replies

an tha

• And you can swallow, or you can spit....
I Don't Run - Hinds
« on: April 07, 2018, 09:44:48 AM »
New album by Hinds...it is an indie pop rock/garage band belter.

Give it a try - guitar music despite all the talk of it's so called demise is alive and very well.

an tha

Re: I Don't Run - Hinds
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 07:05:39 PM »
Wow...am i alone in thinking that is a terrific song/album?

an tha

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 06:45:13 PM »
Couple of nice videos from band members showing how to play "The Club"

I love these kids...

guest22

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 09:08:10 PM »
New album by Hinds...it is an indie pop rock/garage band belter.

Give it a try - guitar music despite all the talk of it's so called demise is alive and very well.

I like this! It's catchy and it has a sort of early 90's indie sound. I'd never heard of them before but I'll have to check out more of their stuff. :)

SwimmingSorrows

• In a room full of martyrs, who gets the credit?
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 09:09:58 PM »
It's a bit too garage-rocky for me.  I like the feel of it, but the lead guitar is pretty poorly-played.  Also, I don't think the vocal melody is anything special, couldn't hum it.
There's a bible verse,
says the last one shall be first.
Well, if that verse is true,
there's hope for me and you.
-Kevin Kerby

an tha

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 04:11:01 AM »

kango

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 03:54:08 PM »
Would it be unfair to say I'm reminded of the Landfill Indie years in the mid to late 00's? Not a good time for me. At least this is a little quirky.

On the subject of European female bands, I have a lot of love for Katzenjammer - I think I started a thread in the Other Place that got largely ignored. I saw them do a great set in Birmingham and really hope they return to tour a new album. I don't know anyone else that sounds like them and each of them plays several instruments, so switch many times through a gig. Not sure where you stand on them An Tha but they are very feisty and rock live.
Another Time, Another Forum

an tha

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2018, 04:02:09 PM »
Would it be unfair to say I'm reminded of the Landfill Indie years in the mid to late 00's? Not a good time for me. At least this is a little quirky.

On the subject of European female bands, I have a lot of love for Katzenjammer - I think I started a thread in the Other Place that got largely ignored. I saw them do a great set in Birmingham and really hope they return to tour a new album. I don't know anyone else that sounds like them and each of them plays several instruments, so switch many times through a gig. Not sure where you stand on them An Tha but they are very feisty and rock live.

I know of katzenjammer...never done much for me but deffo a unique sound and that alone makes them interesting.

As for the 'landfill indie' thing i always thought it was a bit unfair on the bands lumped under that banner at the time personally and in many ways the genre has never been able to shrug the stigma off....

As for these kids - they may not be doing anything ground breaking but it is for a fresh take on a much maligned style and i am personally highly taken by them.

an tha

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2019, 05:55:11 PM »
The girls are back with a new single 'Riding Solo'

http://diymag.com/2019/12/04/watch-hinds-riding-solo

I like it...just something about this band for me.

This is a bit of a departure from the garage rock sound of their two albums so far...

an tha

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2019, 07:45:40 PM »
Love the really matter of fact delivery of the line 'But if i get sentimental, It's 'cause I fucking miss home'

« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 07:52:35 PM by an tha »