The Banned From AtU2 Club

• 42 Replies

Codeguy

• ^ This man does not exist ^
Re: The Banned From AtU2 Club
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2017, 01:39:50 AM »
I was added to the list today. I posted saying it's ridiculous that the mods think we should avoid politics when U2 is all about politics and they banned me. Oh I also wrote a post blaming the atmosphere in the @U2 forum on overactive mods! So Here I am. Love U2, happy here so far, not a fan of @U2 mods but I feel in my gut that I told the truth on the way out the door!
--------
< - This man does not exist.

il_capo

« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2017, 08:15:21 AM »
I was added to the list today. I posted saying it's ridiculous that the mods think we should avoid politics when U2 is all about politics and they banned me. Oh I also wrote a post blaming the atmosphere in the @U2 forum on overactive mods! So Here I am. Love U2, happy here so far, not a fan of @U2 mods but I feel in my gut that I told the truth on the way out the door!

Very sorry to hear that as someone who had posted nearly 4,000 times you got a ban.  I hope it was a temp one but it's a moot point given the place is shutting down.  I think they're essentially good and well-meaning guys and to be fair to them the forum worked well most of the time.  It's not their fault things got so fraught with the American election last year and all the bile that produced.  They tried to calm the storm but in the process did ban too many good and intelligent posters, but it's a tricky job managing thousands of posters when there are only 4 of you moderating.

So Cruel

• It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2017, 11:10:15 AM »
I got banned there many times, though never permanently. Last time I got banned was for actually defending the site! A new poster came in and said the site sucked. I told him if he doesn't like it he can leave and let the door hit him on the way out. He was an obvious troll and I got the ban for the comment.
Definitive U2 Top 10: 1. One, 2. Bad, 3. With Or Without You, 4. Running to Stand Still, 5. So Cruel, 6. Ultraviolet, 7. I Still Havenít Found What Iím Looking For, 8. Hawkmoon 269, 9. Red Hill Mining Town, 10. Luminous Times

Zeropartii

• Living Rent-Free in Your Head
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2017, 11:30:58 AM »
They turned into a bunch of Quakers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

an tha

• And you can swallow, or you can spit....
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2017, 11:39:28 AM »
As someone who had his disagreements with the people running and moderating atu2 I'd just like to say that I think it would be nice if if people feel they must mention those people that they show respect when doing show.....respect that those people absolutely deserve IMHO.

They do/did what they think/thought was right for that community, put a lot of time and effort into doing so and often in tricky circumstances.

Codeguy

• ^ This man does not exist ^
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2017, 12:22:03 PM »
Personally i am more interested in looking at the future on here than looking back at what has happened on another forum.

This place wasn't set up to be an atu2 discussion forum   ;)

To succeed we will need to create content to attract new members. I am willing to volunteer but I think there needs to be a strategy in place. Things like SEO so that new members find us as easily as interference or @U2. Lyrics, show histories, fun facts, etc. I am willing to help out and I am good with facts and figures, essays, etc. if we hav 10-20 people creating content and we divide and conquer we could have a site that provides meaningful U2-related content and info over a 60/90 day period. Thoughts? 
--------
< - This man does not exist.

an tha

• And you can swallow, or you can spit....
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2017, 12:27:48 PM »
Personally i am more interested in looking at the future on here than looking back at what has happened on another forum.

This place wasn't set up to be an atu2 discussion forum   ;)

To succeed we will need to create content to attract new members. I am willing to volunteer but I think there needs to be a strategy in place. Things like SEO so that new members find us as easily as interference or @U2. Lyrics, show histories, fun facts, etc. I am willing to help out and I am good with facts and figures, essays, etc. if we hav 10-20 people creating content and we divide and conquer we could have a site that provides meaningful U2-related content and info over a 60/90 day period. Thoughts?

Great points.

Good SEO relies on good, new content, regular updates.... links and backlinks etc. Then the teccie stuff like good title tags, meta descriotions and so on.

Absolutely agree a strategy needs to be in place and it would be silly of the team here to knock back any offers of help. If you want to help then that would be great - that goes for anyone.

Content, tech advice etc....we can then all work together to get this place flying.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 12:29:53 PM by an tha »

guest20

« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2017, 05:56:44 PM »
The last time that I was threatened with a ban, it was for sharing this hilarious comment from The Edge's Cat:

guest4

« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2017, 06:02:05 PM »
The last time that I was threatened with a ban, it was for sharing this hilarious comment from The Edge's Cat:

Nice boys don't talk about their private parts    ::)

ShadowMac

• The artist formerly known as tigerfan41
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2017, 06:36:07 PM »

;D That comment is freakin' awesome.

Jen

The Banned From AtU2 Club
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2017, 01:23:57 AM »
I only had problems with two people on the other forum. One was banned because they kept telling everyone they were going to hell for not following their religious beliefs. The other person just went psycho on a few people and didnít like people pointing out that they had some issues that needed to be dealt with on a professional level.

Otherwise, most everyone seemed to be pretty nice for the most part.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 01:35:08 AM by Jen »

guest87

« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2017, 03:41:08 AM »
I agree with An Tha, this forum isn't the platform to be having a pop at the owner and mods over at @u2.  It comes off as disrespectful.

I'll just say as Brisket ambiguously did over at that site: Thanks for the good years. :)

guest4

« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2017, 07:33:58 AM »
I only had problems with two people on the other forum. One was banned because they kept telling everyone they were going to hell for not following their religious beliefs. The other person just went psycho on a few people and didnít like people pointing out that they had some issues that needed to be dealt with on a professional level.

Otherwise, most everyone seemed to be pretty nice for the most part.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I also dealt with the person with issues...they had some very serious problems, and I think a few of us tried to help out...but to no avail. It was a sad situation...which I'm sure never got resolved. It was very disturbing to see someone in such distress, and to see people trying to help and then getting into a s**tstorm with the person because they couldn't accept the offer of help. I still hope and would like to believe that they took some of our advice and got some professional help.