Hawkmoon 269 Appreciation Thread

• 29 Replies

Acrobat

Re: Hawkmoon 269 Appreciation Thread
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2017, 12:55:54 PM »
Great song. My favorite on a very underrated album. Live it was fantastic, too. Great lyrics.
What are we going to do now it's all been said.
No new ideas in the house and every book has been read.

ShadowMac

• The artist formerly known as tigerfan41
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2017, 01:04:36 PM »
Confession time: up until this summer I hadnít ever listened to Hawkmoon 269.

I now know what Iíve been missing out on all these years.

JFW

• Refu-JFW
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2017, 01:37:02 PM »

You have never listened to Rattle and Hum?  :o
See through in the sunlight

Shank Asu

• can't fight for sh-- but sure can take a beating
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2017, 03:41:03 PM »
At first i thought this was with regards of the mod at the other site.

ShadowMac

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2017, 04:04:01 PM »

Never all the way through and I have yet to watch the film (but know the main parts of it from a YouTube I follow who did a hilarious review).

Iím one of those weird fans who only recently listened to the earlier 80s albums all the way through for the first time, and who still hasnít listened to a lot of their b-sides. I know, I know.  :'(

Shank Asu

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2017, 04:13:57 PM »

Never all the way through and I have yet to watch the film (but know the main parts of it from a YouTube I follow who did a hilarious review).

Iím one of those weird fans who only recently listened to the earlier 80s albums all the way through for the first time, and who still hasnít listened to a lot of their b-sides. I know, I know.  :'(
it's not that weird.  I think a lot of the older fans listen to the early albums a lot.  I don't think I've listened to Boy or October more than three times all the way through.  Just doesn't do anything for me like the other albums.

guest4

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2017, 04:15:20 PM »

Wow. I am actually speechless!

il_capo

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2017, 04:21:08 PM »

Do try "Wide Awake in America" EP as I think you'll like it if you don't already know it.  There were some great b-sides for TJT: Luminous Times and Walk to the Water are thorny, difficult love songs.  Of course you know Spanish Eyes and Sweetest Thing which were other b-sides from that era.

As for Hawkmoon269, I prefer the live version from Lovetown to the R&H version.  Love the slide guitar  :)

ShadowMac

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2017, 04:40:34 PM »

;D

Do try "Wide Awake in America" EP as I think you'll like it if you don't already know it.  There were some great b-sides for TJT: Luminous Times and Walk to the Water are thorny, difficult love songs.  Of course you know Spanish Eyes and Sweetest Thing which were other b-sides from that era.

As for Hawkmoon269, I prefer the live version from Lovetown to the R&H version.  Love the slide guitar  :)

Ahh, yeah, I've heard quite a few of TJT b-sides, so I'm familiar with those ones. Just hadn't heard Hawkmoon and I regret that immensely.

il_capo

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2017, 04:48:25 PM »

;D

Ahh, yeah, I've heard quite a few of TJT b-sides, so I'm familiar with those ones. Just hadn't heard Hawkmoon and I regret that immensely.

Here's the live version from the Lovetown tour: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFX2vymyl3E

Shank Asu

« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2017, 04:51:05 PM »
i only just learned what Hawkmoon actually means.

guest4

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2017, 04:51:45 PM »
Absolutely the best vid ever! If I remember correctly, an tha sent me that when we were "over there".

JFW

• Refu-JFW
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2017, 06:28:40 PM »

it's not that weird.  I think a lot of the older fans listen to the early albums a lot.  I don't think I've listened to Boy or October more than three times all the way through.  Just doesn't do anything for me like the other albums.
Wow, didn't knew this guys! I just only listen albums. Not just one song at the time. The album I have listened the least (No Line, I think) I have heard 20 times. And for every album counts: every time I hear something new.

Rejoice! What a journey can you still make! Let's discover! ;D
See through in the sunlight

guest28

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2017, 08:38:01 AM »
Pound for pound, tis likely that Hawkmoon 269 is my fave track from R&H album. Always have loved the tune.

guest85

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2017, 07:56:58 PM »

;D

Here's the live version from the Lovetown tour: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFX2vymyl3E

God I miss those guys