• 16 Replies

guest259

Metal
« on: February 18, 2018, 02:58:58 PM »

imaginary friend

• "I don't take responsibility at all"
Re: Metal
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 10:40:21 PM »
If this song were any heavier, the sun would be orbiting it.

imaginary friend

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2019, 12:29:04 PM »
new Amon Amarth is out. Love the keyboard intro!  :)

guest403

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2019, 09:13:25 PM »

imaginary friend

guest259

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2019, 08:44:31 AM »

There's a Suede song called Metal Mickey, I didn't realise it was probably named after this tv programme, which frankly I had never heard of before.

guest403

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2019, 10:13:32 AM »

There's a Suede song called Metal Mickey, I didn't realise it was probably named after this tv programme, which frankly I had never heard of before.

That doesn't surprise me.  In Ireland back in the 1980s, kids were probably watching repeats of Skippy.

guest259

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2019, 11:31:08 AM »

That doesn't surprise me.  In Ireland back in the 1980s, kids were probably watching repeats of Skippy.

We were indeed. There were Irish music programmes which covered pop music, don't think they covered metal though.

Ireland has since over-taken the UK in almost every area, thanks to our membership of the EU. Unfortunately our crime statistics have also caught up and exceeded yours. Progress, eh?

guest403

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2019, 01:34:56 PM »

We were indeed. There were Irish music programmes which covered pop music, don't think they covered metal though.

Ireland has since over-taken the UK in almost every area, thanks to our membership of the EU. Unfortunately our crime statistics have also caught up and exceeded yours. Progress, eh?

I could well believe that Ireland isn't Ireland anymore.

Shank Asu

• can't fight for sh-- but sure can take a beating
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2019, 02:38:15 PM »
not a metal fan at all. don't even like hard rock. i have been listening to a podcast about the norwegian black metal scene and the band Mayhem.  fucking crazy.  sure most people on this thread are familiar with them but anyone who isn't should research them.

So Cruel

• It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2019, 01:01:42 PM »
Best metal band ever. More melody then a great pop band but played hard. One of the best bands ever.

Up the Irons!

Definitive U2 Top 10: 1. One, 2. Bad, 3. With Or Without You, 4. Running to Stand Still, 5. So Cruel, 6. Ultraviolet, 7. I Still Havenít Found What Iím Looking For, 8. Hawkmoon 269, 9. Red Hill Mining Town, 10. Luminous Times

So Cruel

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2019, 01:13:19 PM »
Iron Maiden

The Trooper

Aces High

Hallowed Be Thy Name - Best metal song ever!

Definitive U2 Top 10: 1. One, 2. Bad, 3. With Or Without You, 4. Running to Stand Still, 5. So Cruel, 6. Ultraviolet, 7. I Still Havenít Found What Iím Looking For, 8. Hawkmoon 269, 9. Red Hill Mining Town, 10. Luminous Times

So Cruel

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2019, 01:34:03 PM »
not a metal fan at all. don't even like hard rock. i have been listening to a podcast about the norwegian black metal scene and the band Mayhem.  fucking crazy.  sure most people on this thread are familiar with them but anyone who isn't should research them.

Watch the 3 Maiden clips I posted. Not your typical metal band. It's heavy but very melodic. The chorus to Ace's High is one of my favorites ever. You can hum a lot of those songs. Amazing band.

Shank Asu

• can't fight for sh-- but sure can take a beating
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2019, 01:23:08 PM »
Are Guns n Roses considered metal or hard rock?  I like their hits from the Use Your Illusion era.

Codeguy

• ^ This man does not exist ^
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2019, 04:22:54 PM »
GnR was the band to hate in the late 80's early 90's - along with Bon Jovi. They were considered fake metal by metal fans, and most of their fanbase were female. As an older guy, I am now beginning to appreciate GnR.
--------
< - This man does not exist.