Latest from Inhaler

• 32 Replies

Kmama07

• She is everywhere and no place

guest259

Re: Latest from Inhaler
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 08:40:23 AM »
“I don’t think I am treated any differently, even in secondary school. I feel it’s different in Ireland.
“Like a lot of American kids, or especially in London, they’ll play on it: ‘Oh my dad’s rich,’ you know what I mean?
“It’s like an I’m better than you sort of living. In Ireland, these lads wouldn’t ever let me say that s**t. Like, I’d get a kick in the face… and I’d deserve it.”

This is hilarious...and rings true. 

It reminds me of a saying I read somewhere: "The Irish are a very fair-minded race. They never speak well of each other."   ;)

Talltrees

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 11:01:20 AM »
Idk can u post inhaler stuff in the general music section. But u do u.

Lazyboy

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2018, 11:08:29 AM »
I refuse to give the S*n clicks. Horrific establishment.

guest259

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2018, 11:09:23 AM »
Idk can u post inhaler stuff in the general music section. But u do u.

Yep, should be in the general music section.

guest87

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2018, 11:49:45 AM »
“I don’t think I am treated any differently, even in secondary school. I feel it’s different in Ireland.
“Like a lot of American kids, or especially in London, they’ll play on it: ‘Oh my dad’s rich,’ you know what I mean?
“It’s like an I’m better than you sort of living. In Ireland, these lads wouldn’t ever let me say that s**t. Like, I’d get a kick in the face… and I’d deserve it.”

They'll never tell him to his face that they're only friends with him because of who his dad is.

guest259

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2018, 12:03:27 PM »

They'll never tell him to his face that they're only friends with him because of who his dad is.

Clearly, you are not from Ireland.

guest87

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2018, 12:57:50 PM »

So they would tell him they're only friends with him because of who his dad is?

Codeguy

• In the shadows
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2018, 01:01:03 PM »

No, in Ireland people really don't care. You really won't get treated differently. It's a point of national pride.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
-------

Too tall to be a despot

guest259

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2018, 01:39:09 PM »

No, in Ireland people really don't care. You really won't get treated differently. It's a point of national pride.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep, that's what I meant. In Ireland, the attitude towards rich people or people perceived as having ideas 'above their station', is basically 'let's take the piss'. At its worst, it leads to the kind of national begrudgery that Bono critiqued many years ago on the Late Late Show, at its best it is kind of an egalitarian sensibility that perhaps is close to the Wolfe Tone ideas from 1798. Which I do believe in.

an tha

• And you can swallow, or you can spit....
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2018, 02:15:50 PM »
Poor quality video with sound dropping in and out but can't fault their choice of covers!

guest259

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2018, 03:06:22 PM »

I’m sorry to say, though, but Inhaler won’t ever equal U2 unless it carves out its own unique sound to blow people away with the way U2 did with Boy.  Modeling one’s band after the sounds of other bands (Inhaler lists their influences on their Bandcamp page) isn’t going to get you where you want to go.

Stop the bus a sec! Boy was in no way a unique record. It was a decent first album, but it was very much in the 'nu-wave' sound that band members - particularly the Edge - were listening to at that time.

guest87

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2018, 03:08:41 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if our resident John Peel (an tha) prefers Inhaler to U2.

THRILLHO

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2018, 03:41:47 PM »
i have to agree. don't bring your super famous super polarizing dad up if you DONT want his help. you're still name dropping him.

do it like <i assume, i could be wrong> Duncan Jones did it. i loved Moon and wanted to see Warcraft <i know it doesnt count cuz i didnt but still> WAY before i had the faintest clue that he was David Bowie's son.