Appreciation for the dead

• 22 Replies

Kmama07

• She is everywhere and no place
Re: Appreciation for the dead
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2018, 09:48:59 AM »
I just realized that today would have been my Dad's 100th birthday. I lost him only 6 years ago...he had a good, long, fairly healthy life. RIP, Daddy. I miss you every day, especially your dumb jokes.  :)
❤️
Hey, hey, sha la la

julez728

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2018, 04:09:50 PM »
My grandpa used to tell me stories of his childhood and really wish I would have appreciated those stories more and paid more attention.  I think I was too young to truly appreciate them.

I lost my dad in Nov 2016 and I miss the random phone calls from him.  They were usually either to ask for help with something (technology) or just to share some random thought that popped into his head.  I also miss his sense of humor and the funny faces he would make.  :)
I feel my luck could change.

Smee

• Howdy. Im Eddie The One Eyed Monkey
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2019, 09:25:05 AM »
To my Mum, i would have said that im so very sorry i didnt get up to see you the last few days of your life. I thought you were going to be ok and make it home, but i was stuck at home with 3 young kids and had no transport nor anyone to look after the kids. If i knew she was going to pass away...i would have somehow made it up to see her every day.

To my Dad, i apologise for not realising how close to the end he really was, and if i had stayed for another 45 mins, i could have been with him when he left this world behind.
The last thing i said to him was, I will see you tomorrow Dad......then gave him a kiss on the forehead and told him i loved him.
How many beans make 5?

JFW

• Refu-JFW
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2019, 08:42:54 AM »
To my Mum, i would have said that im so very sorry i didnt get up to see you the last few days of your life. I thought you were going to be ok and make it home, but i was stuck at home with 3 young kids and had no transport nor anyone to look after the kids. If i knew she was going to pass away...i would have somehow made it up to see her every day.

To my Dad, i apologise for not realising how close to the end he really was, and if i had stayed for another 45 mins, i could have been with him when he left this world behind.
The last thing i said to him was, I will see you tomorrow Dad......then gave him a kiss on the forehead and told him i loved him.
Condoleances, Smee. I'm not sure if it just has happend, but it  could be hard! I'm very sorry to hear that!
See through in the sunlight

Smee

• Howdy. Im Eddie The One Eyed Monkey
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2019, 11:15:40 AM »

Condoleances, Smee. I'm not sure if it just has happend, but it  could be hard! I'm very sorry to hear that!

Thanks J......but some time has passed since i lost my parents. My Mum passed in Jan 2003 and my Dad in Nov 2016 :). Im over the worst, but do really miss my parents a lot.
How many beans make 5?

laoghaire

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2019, 12:32:56 PM »
That hasn't been very long, really. Either of them.

It fades a bit but it never actually goes away, does it.

Codeguy

• A humble guy, no really I try
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2019, 02:08:06 PM »
To my grandmother, who died 18 years ago today:

I wish we didn't all abandon you. In hindsight, it was a cruel end to your life, and you were roadkill on the family's longer multi-generational journey. I was too young to see it. I was too self-absorbed to understand.
--------
Fuck the revolution!

Soloyan

• I'm not sleeping
    • GREG LEMOND FANS
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2019, 05:27:19 AM »
To my (ex) father in law : I admire the kind of father figure you were to your children... and at the same time I wish you'd taught them how to function without you. Thanks for reminding me this is maybe the most important thing a father needs to do with his kids, no matter what.
A dangerous idea that almost makes sense...