Poor lad.

• 5 Replies

an tha

• And you can swallow, or you can spit....
Poor lad.
« on: October 22, 2017, 08:52:00 AM »
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/business-consumer/u2-fans-ticket-torment-fights-11382154.amp

Although I have to wonder what he was doing paying that sort of money out to go and see a gig where tickets could be bought the day before the gig. I suppose he didn't think they would be/know the drill maybe... Which of course these sites feed off.

That aside though it looks like really bad customer service from these horrible legalised touts and feel sorry for him - that is a lot of money.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 09:00:24 AM by an tha »
©️1972

guest4

Re: Poor lad.
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 09:57:23 AM »
ouch.

guest28

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2017, 10:49:38 AM »
I look forward to the day when some action is taken by the Govt to limit the actions of secondary ticket sites. Every so often we are given a glimmer of hope, but NOTHING is ever followed through on. Lets go back to the good old days, of queing at a ticket retailer, to get your tickets. It was a far better and far fairer system back then.

MysteriousFly

• I believe in powers that be.....won't overpower me
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2017, 03:39:24 PM »
yeah ouch! I paid a lot to see U2 in Mass. this past June but that was for 4 people! It was so worth it though. I hope that guy gets his cash back. hurts to miss the show and then to loose the money yikes!
I love Rock N' Roll...so I booked a room at the heartbreak hotel and there, the music plays on and on.

Kmama07

• She is everywhere and no place
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2017, 11:22:48 PM »
I look forward to the day when some action is taken by the Govt to limit the actions of secondary ticket sites. Every so often we are given a glimmer of hope, but NOTHING is ever followed through on. Lets go back to the good old days, of queing at a ticket retailer, to get your tickets. It was a far better and far fairer system back then.
I agree. It doesn't seem to be on the horizon anytime soon.  In my neck of the woods StubHub has billboard type advertising in the major arenas/stadiums.  So much for "scalping" being illegal.
Hey, hey, sha la la

Codeguy

• (He, His, Him, Romeo not Juliette, that fucker)
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2017, 08:35:30 PM »
Shame there's no legal action taken on this stuff....it's endemic ....
-------

Too tall to be a despot