Beautiful Day is the song most Irish turn on when they need a boost at work

• 12 Replies

guest4

Well, sure! It's a great song for when everything is going wrong...just go outside, take a deep breath, and (maybe) you'll feel better...

Codeguy

• (He, His, Him, Romeo not Juliette, that fucker)
After the flood all the green white and gold comes out ......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-------

Too tall to be a despot

PaulieGualtieri

This is my go to feel better song too. And I ain’t Irish!

Delta Sun

• Everything you know is wrong
Sadly this song was lost to me when it became the theme tune to the BBC's football highlights. However many times I hear it I can't fail to get lifted out of myself by Streets

Lazyboy

In the same article U2 are also named as one of the most named bands people hate to hear in the workplace  ;D

MysteriousFly

• I believe in powers that be.....won't overpower me
interesting to note that Beautiful Day has a lot of dark lyrics in it that are sometimes lost on the first listen. See the tuna fleets clearing the sea out, the oil fields at first light...stuff like that its embedded. At least I've always heard it as a dark song. Anybody else? The chorus does lift you up though. 
I love Rock N' Roll...so I booked a room at the heartbreak hotel and there, the music plays on and on.

guest4

Sure, it's a dark song...but, I think it's telling you that no matter how dark you're day is, you can get through it to find some beauty, somewhere, somehow.

MysteriousFly

• I believe in powers that be.....won't overpower me
agreed!
I love Rock N' Roll...so I booked a room at the heartbreak hotel and there, the music plays on and on.

guest4

And, you know what? Most of the time, it's true!

AchtungBaby1991

Every time my favorite soccer team loses, I'd rather play Beautiful Day. :)
Every artist is a cannibal, every poet is a thief

73October

• Dream out loud
interesting to note that Beautiful Day has a lot of dark lyrics in it that are sometimes lost on the first listen. See the tuna fleets clearing the sea out, the oil fields at first light...stuff like that its embedded. At least I've always heard it as a dark song. Anybody else? The chorus does lift you up though.

Gulp - Tim Peake (UK astronaut) chose it when he went into space a couple of years ago.  That's now what I think of when I hear the song.  Love Tim Peake...
One love, One blood, One life;
You got to do what you should.
One life; With each other
Sisters, Brothers
One life; But we're not the same
We get to carry each other, Carry each other

Shank Asu

• can't fight for sh-- but sure can take a beating
I tend to enjoy depressing or sad songs over the happy ones.  What u2 songs do the irish listen to for that?