Suggest an album your fellow u2 fans may like....

• 45 Replies

an tha

• And you can swallow, or you can spit....
Suggest an album your fellow u2 fans may like....
« on: June 16, 2020, 10:10:58 AM »
Got the idea for this from the ongoing and really enjoyable 30 years, 30 songs in 30 days thread...

There are some people here who don't really listen to much if any music outside of u2, there are some who clearly do and listen to a wide spread and there are probably a lot of us who fall somewhere inbetween.

So whilst posting in that thread for 2002 today i talked about an album that i liked and i talked about how i felt i thought u2 fans here may like it - and that gave me the idea for this thread.....

SUGGEST AN ALBUM THAT YOU THINK YOUR FELLOW U2 FANS HERE MAY LIKE....does not even have to be one you like all that much, could be an album you know that you think maybe some may not know that they may enjoy because it is a bit u2 like....COULD EVEN SUGGEST IT FOR A PARTUCULAR MEMBER HERE WHO YOU KNOW THEIR TASTE WELL.

The main thing though is rather than just being an album you like or love, try and suggest an album that fits with the known tastes of the u2 fans you share here with/u2 fans generally.

Maybe be fun if people then engage with the suggestions where they want to and discuss how they found them etc...

I'll start with this album:

The Last Broadcast - Doves

I am going to throw it out there generally, it is reasonably well known so i'd expect many to know it......but i am also going to 'aim' it specifically at my friends riffraff and mpare as i feel it is one they (if they haven't already heard it) would like.....

Over to you all!!
©️1972

riffraff

• Surrender, dislocate
Re: Suggest an album your fellow u2 fans may like....
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2020, 10:17:28 AM »
Is there a way to listen to the whole album on youtube...I just tried, but can only pick up one song at a time?
(I know, I'm an idiot!)
Surrender, dislocate

an tha

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2020, 10:20:55 AM »
Is there a way to listen to the whole album on youtube...I just tried, but can only pick up one song at a time?
(I know, I'm an idiot!)

Yes can be done....

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQ1n5oGREyyaMWDsP_y4JsBgTaO5ngRkp
©️1972

riffraff

• Surrender, dislocate
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2020, 10:26:12 AM »
(I know, I'm an idiot!)

Yes can be done....

Thanks...that will be my workout music tomorrow morning...
Surrender, dislocate

an tha

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2020, 10:28:48 AM »
(I know, I'm an idiot!)

Yes can be done....

Thanks...that will be my workout music tomorrow morning...

The song Pounding will definitely work in your work out....some of the rest might be a bit down tempo!
©️1972

JTBaby

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2020, 10:29:33 AM »
Comsat Angels - Fiction

"Trump supporters are fucking morons"
“Albums still matter,” he said to the crowd of pop star and music luminaries. “Like books and black lives"

Smee

• Howdy
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2020, 10:46:36 AM »
Seven & Laid by James
In the garden I was playing the tart
I kissed your lips and broke your heart
You
You were acting like it was the end of the world

MPare1966

• Trying to throw my arms around the world
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2020, 12:05:15 PM »
Got the idea for this from the ongoing and really enjoyable 30 years, 30 songs in 30 days thread...

There are some people here who don't really listen to much if any music outside of u2, there are some who clearly do and listen to a wide spread and there are probably a lot of us who fall somewhere inbetween.

So whilst posting in that thread for 2002 today i talked about an album that i liked and i talked about how i felt i thought u2 fans here may like it - and that gave me the idea for this thread.....

SUGGEST AN ALBUM THAT YOU THINK YOUR FELLOW U2 FANS HERE MAY LIKE....does not even have to be one you like all that much, could be an album you know that you think maybe some may not know that they may enjoy because it is a bit u2 like....COULD EVEN SUGGEST IT FOR A PARTUCULAR MEMBER HERE WHO YOU KNOW THEIR TASTE WELL.

The main thing though is rather than just being an album you like or love, try and suggest an album that fits with the known tastes of the u2 fans you share here with/u2 fans generally.

Maybe be fun if people then engage with the suggestions where they want to and discuss how they found them etc...

I'll start with this album:

The Last Broadcast - Doves

I am going to throw it out there generally, it is reasonably well known so i'd expect many to know it......but i am also going to 'aim' it specifically at my friends riffraff and mpare as i feel it is one they (if they haven't already heard it) would like.....

Over to you all!!

Wow. A long-distance dedication à la Casey Kasem...  :D

And I have not heard it, so this is certainly interesting!

Will listen tonight.

Thank you Sir!
First Chair. Last Call.
©1966-2024
Presented by Vandelay Industries.
Management: Pendant Publishing.
All rights reserved.
Void where prohibited.
The information contained in this site is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, and usefulness.
Your mileage may vary.

Alphane

• Forever Delayed
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2020, 02:51:21 PM »
Manic Street Preachers - Lifeblood

I know it's not their most popular album but I love it. There are some definite U2 vibes running through it, with tracks like "To Repel Ghosts", "Emily", Empty Souls" and "Solitude Sometimes Is" being particular highlights.

an tha

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2020, 03:26:01 PM »
Manic Street Preachers - Lifeblood

I know it's not their most popular album but I love it. There are some definite U2 vibes running through it, with tracks like "To Repel Ghosts", "Emily", Empty Souls" and "Solitude Sometimes Is" being particular highlights.

I am a bit of a Manics fan - The Holy Bible is one of the greatest albums of all time IMO.....I found Lifeblood just too nice and shiny and just too MOR for my taste, but i could see people who like ATYCLB for example enjoying it.
©️1972

imaginary friend

• your picture of yourself is a media myth
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2020, 07:05:29 PM »
Poe's Haunted comes to mind, as does Anathema's 2010-2015 work - the albums We're here because we're here, Weather Systems, and Distant Satellites, along with the live DVD A Sort Of Homecoming.
find a station anywhere   http://radio.garden/listen/magic-fm/82GNMn3f

add some fun to your life while learning about music:   https://codepen.io/jakealbaugh/full/qNrZyw

an tha

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2020, 07:10:39 PM »
^^^^^ Weather Systems is a very good album!
©️1972

MPare1966

• Trying to throw my arms around the world
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2020, 07:37:48 PM »
Wondering if an tha would be game for some québécois music from the 90’s... I might have an artist to suggest with one of the best album of the era. (and no, it’s not the diva!)
First Chair. Last Call.
©1966-2024
Presented by Vandelay Industries.
Management: Pendant Publishing.
All rights reserved.
Void where prohibited.
The information contained in this site is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, and usefulness.
Your mileage may vary.

an tha

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2020, 07:40:06 PM »
Wondering if an tha would be game for some québécois music from the 90’s... I might have an artist to suggest with one of the best album of the era. (and no, it’s not the diva!)

Always interested in hearing new stuff, monsieur.....
©️1972

Codeguy

• (He, His, Him, Romeo not Juliette, that fucker)
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2020, 07:51:10 PM »

Some really great Quebecois!!!!
-------

Too tall to be a despot