Does anyone remember this duet with Bono?

• 33 Replies

Big_Willy_Wonka

• What gives human life it's worth anyway?
Re: Does anyone remember this duet with Bono?
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2020, 05:37:45 PM »
^^^^Now that is a good exchange!

::) ;D ::)
What gives human life it's worth anyway? Because someone loves it? Or hates it? The flesh is weak, only the soul is immortal.

an tha

• And you can swallow, or you can spit....
©️1972

Magnificence

« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2020, 06:46:17 PM »
Jesus
Jesus help me
im alone in this world
and a Brooked up world it is too...

Wake up
Wake up, Soloyan...

;D
“I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee”
Hebrews 13:5

Soloyan

• I'm not sleeping
    • GREG LEMOND FANS
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2020, 01:40:01 AM »
That's right. Facts are facts. As an example it's a fact U2's fourth album is called The Unforgettable Fire. However, to what extent each person contributed to it, is not a quantifiable fact. Therefore I refer you to my previous position which is I have at least offered well thought out claims and evidence. Something yourself, and other on the forum, have singularly failed to do.

"well thought out claims and evidence" = opinions

I've shared my opinions with you and you diregarded them, which is entirely your choice.

Truth, by definition, cannot be relative.

Jeez.

Willy

Facts cannot be relative. Truth can.

In a social science argument, claims and evidence are the closest anyone is going to get to the truth. Those aren't my rules by the way, they're the rules set down by learned academics and professors. I can't imagine there are many of those on a U2 forum.

Truth and fact are interchangeable words for the same thing. For example is it true, U2's fourth album is called The Unforgettable Fire? Of course it is. Is it a fact U2's fourth album is called The Unforgettable Fire? Of course it is.

Is it true god exists? No, gods existence is matter of opinion, since it cannot be proved. Is it a fact god exists? No, gods existence is matter of opinion, since it cannot be proved.

Easy, huh?

Willy

-He killed him, I'm telling you the truth
-No, he didn't kill, I'm telling you the truth

Enter the facts...

Simple, uh ?

Assuming one of them is lying, one of them is telling the truth. If both of them are lying then neither are telling the truth. I am not sure what your point is?

Willy

Truth is a point of view, that's all. When you say you are closer to the truth, it's just a fancy way to express your opinion, in the absence of fact.

Nope.

The dictionary definition states thus:

'that which is true or in accordance with fact or reality.'

Truth cannot, by definition, be relative to one's position. And that's a fact.

Willy

Everything you’ve said is not in accordance with facts. Hence, what you call the truth is just your opinion, and when you say you’re closer to the truth it’s also your opinion.
A dangerous idea that almost makes sense...