U2 to play free London gig this saturday

• 160 Replies

il_capo

Re: U2 to play free London gig this saturday
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2017, 09:10:18 AM »
Wish I had read about this in time as would like to have applied.  It's easy to get for T Sq for me, but it appears the ballot is already closed.

The Ultra Beasts

• The abominations formerly known as WhenIsSOE
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2017, 09:23:58 AM »
Hmm.
Sign me petition to get some great missing albums on Spotify!
https://www.change.org/p/daniel-ek-bring-some-great-albums-to-spotify

robgalloway

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2017, 11:38:16 AM »
Wish I had read about this in time as would like to have applied.  It's easy to get for T Sq for me, but it appears the ballot is already closed.

If I happen to win then you can chance it with my ticket as I can't do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

il_capo

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2017, 11:49:02 AM »

That's really kind of you - I feel I'm in with a chance now, at least!  Though they may require ID, etc. which might make it impossible - we'll cross that bridge if you happen to win!

It's a pity I didn't find out about this in time as I live just an hour cycle ride away from Trafalgar Square.

robgalloway

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2017, 12:00:16 PM »

That's really kind of you - I feel I'm in with a chance now, at least!  Though they may require ID, etc. which might make it impossible - we'll cross that bridge if you happen to win!

It's a pity I didn't find out about this in time as I live just an hour cycle ride away from Trafalgar Square.

I just read terms and Bank Card is suffice for ID ... I have a spare card that I can post Special Delivery ... I will need it back asap and obviously for you not to clear out my already empty bank account ;) ... fingers crossed 🤞

il_capo

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2017, 12:05:31 PM »

I just read terms and Bank Card is suffice for ID ... I have a spare card that I can post Special Delivery ... I will need it back asap and obviously for you not to clear out my already empty bank account ;) ... fingers crossed 🤞

I'm going to spend all night trying to work out your pin number  ;)  Seriously - you're being very kind and WILL be rewarded!

robgalloway

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2017, 12:08:36 PM »

I'm going to spend all night trying to work out your pin number  ;)  Seriously - you're being very kind and WILL be rewarded!

Haha if you find out the PIN let me know ;)

il_capo

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2017, 12:10:41 PM »

I don't know if you're Scottish and a Rangers fan, but having seen T2, my best guess is it's 1690  :P

robgalloway

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2017, 12:21:03 PM »

I don't know if you're Scottish and a Rangers fan, but having seen T2, my best guess is it's 1690  :P

Haha ... I'm from Leeds and my Scottish team is Celtic ... it's definitely not 1690 ... that's a great scene in T2

il_capo

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2017, 02:49:04 PM »

Haha ... I'm from Leeds and my Scottish team is Celtic ... it's definitely not 1690 ... that's a great scene in T2

Celtic fan?  Definitely not 1690 then!  Anyway I'm definitely not going to go trying to guess the PIN as if I get it wrong the machine will gobble up the card and then no gig!  :)

Leeds is a great part of the UK - people are so friendly.  Kindest and most generous girlfriend was from Wakefield and her family were amazing too. 

robgalloway

« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2017, 02:58:06 PM »

Celtic fan?  Definitely not 1690 then!  Anyway I'm definitely not going to go trying to guess the PIN as if I get it wrong the machine will gobble up the card and then no gig!  :)

Leeds is a great part of the UK - people are so friendly.  Kindest and most generous girlfriend was from Wakefield and her family were amazing too.

Yeah we're alright up north ... We're pretty chatty and welcoming

I like to come down to London from time to time and freak people out with my northern charm haha

il_capo

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2017, 03:23:12 PM »

I like to come down to London from time to time and freak people out with my northern charm haha

Just last month I was parking my bike outside Tesco and this bloke accosted me and started talking to me for 45 minutes - so friendly.  He was a Leeds guy who'd emigrated to Australia a decade ago.  He had come back to see his mother and was cycling from Heathrow up to Leeds to see her.  It really was heart-warming to meet someone who wasn't just trying to push you out the way as is the usual in London.

thepunter

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2017, 03:27:47 AM »
Did anybody get notified of tickets?

Very good

• I'm hanging on.....
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2017, 05:30:31 AM »
I'm still waiting/hoping

robgalloway

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2017, 05:45:27 AM »

Just last month I was parking my bike outside Tesco and this bloke accosted me and started talking to me for 45 minutes - so friendly.  He was a Leeds guy who'd emigrated to Australia a decade ago.  He had come back to see his mother and was cycling from Heathrow up to Leeds to see her.  It really was heart-warming to meet someone who wasn't just trying to push you out the way as is the usual in London.

Sorry il_capo ... no joy ☹️