Do you Collect anything?

• 26 Replies

Smee

• Howdy
Do you Collect anything?
« on: July 25, 2020, 11:21:49 AM »
I seem to collect loads of stuff. Im a bit of a hoarder. I take after my Mum lol. IM really bad for collecting things like washing powders, Cleaning products etc lol. used to be bad for buying Clothes. I must have about 50 pairs of jeans (many singled out to go to charity shops) T shirts, i likely have around 50 of them too. Slightly less shirts. Jacket wise, i have around 20. Hats is another thing i tend to buy. i must have about 40, mostly baseball caps.

BUT, i also collect Vinyl and CDs.....along with Mens Fragrances. I likely have around 100+ bottles at the moment.
In the garden I was playing the tart
I kissed your lips and broke your heart
You
You were acting like it was the end of the world

MPare1966

• Trying to throw my arms around the world
Re: Do you Collect anything?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2020, 11:26:56 AM »
Used to have a fairly good collection of single malts boxes. At one point, the wife asked: “is that just so you can show off how much of a drunk you are?”   :-X
First Chair. Last Call.
©1966-2024
Presented by Vandelay Industries.
Management: Pendant Publishing.
All rights reserved.
Void where prohibited.
The information contained in this site is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, and usefulness.
Your mileage may vary.

riffraff

• Surrender, dislocate
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2020, 11:37:45 AM »
Stephen King books
I used to have 40+ pairs of cheap, colorful sneakers when I lived back east
I used to collect bears, all sorts of bears
Surrender, dislocate

kango

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2020, 01:22:55 PM »
I've always been a collector of something. In childhood, it was pin badges, in teens it was model cars. Then I moved on to 7" vinyl of various artists and of course building a U2 collection of various artefacts.

Clothes wise, i'm not too bad and know where to draw the line but I did keep buying Tootal scarves for a while. If money was no object, I would collect photography, art and vintage posters but I'm about to get a mortgage so that won't be happening.
Another Time, Another Forum

financeguy1

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2020, 10:06:42 PM »
Currently, I'm collecting visits to psych wards, specifically dual diagnosis. I have quite an interesting collection of those fellas, let me tell ya.

Shank Asu

• can't fight for sh-- but sure can take a beating
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2020, 12:40:43 PM »
Collect way too much which as someone who's getting more into Buddhism, i realize the issue with attachments, but i really like my large collections of books, DVDs and meager vinyl collection.  Also seem to collect knick knacks from traveling which i like because they all tell a story and are a memory.
Don't think there's any value in what i have but a few treasures are the entire 50 year span of Peanut comic strips in hardback and loads of rare films on DVD.
Also i have a u2 collection of way too many deluxe editions of albums and concert DVDs.  The Paris i.e. deluxe edition was the straw that finally broke me wanting to buy U2 items.  Waste of $$$ for stencils, buttons and dog tags.

Soloyan

• I'm not sleeping
    • GREG LEMOND FANS
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2020, 01:11:19 PM »
Too many things. It's a disease, really  ;D
A dangerous idea that almost makes sense...

AliSPNfan

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2020, 01:16:29 PM »
When I was younger I used to make scrapbooks on movies I saw at the cinema, starting with Star Wars.I would collect magazines, newspaper articles, reviews and ticket stubs.I would go to Film Fairs in Manchester & collect posters, buttons, bubble gum cards and other knick knacks.I was a real movie buff, watched the Oscars live in the UK and would travel down to London to watch movies in Leicester Square.

I had to throw a lot of stuff away when I moved and didn't really connect with another movie in a big way until The Fellowship of the Ring came out in 2001.I had read bits of the book years before but I became obsessed as soon as I watched the first trailer.I collected everything and even joined the fan club.My name is in the credits at the end of FOTR and I still have all of the montly fan club magazines and the Howard Shore Extended Scores.I really, really annoyed my sister with my obsession but I loved every minute of those movies.Just perfect escapism.At the end of FOTR's run at the cinema I went to Manchester because the trailer for The Two Towers was going to be shown after the credits.I was the only person in the cinema and it was fantastic  :)
Family don't end with blood!

Pride

• The dream is over
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2020, 06:02:17 PM »
Counties visited. I've been to 138 counties which isn't a whole lot (only about 4% of all counties in the US) but I haven't been to many states so 69 are from Minnesota and 36 are from North Dakota. Also 17 from Iowa (I drove through once to see U2 in Omaha), 7 in Wisconsin, 5 in South Dakota, 2 in Arizona and Nebraska.
In the drift we've come, in the drift we go

MPare1966

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2020, 09:27:02 PM »
When I was younger I used to make scrapbooks on movies I saw at the cinema, starting with Star Wars.I would collect magazines, newspaper articles, reviews and ticket stubs.I would go to Film Fairs in Manchester & collect posters, buttons, bubble gum cards and other knick knacks.I was a real movie buff, watched the Oscars live in the UK and would travel down to London to watch movies in Leicester Square.

I had to throw a lot of stuff away when I moved and didn't really connect with another movie in a big way until The Fellowship of the Ring came out in 2001.I had read bits of the book years before but I became obsessed as soon as I watched the first trailer.I collected everything and even joined the fan club.My name is in the credits at the end of FOTR and I still have all of the montly fan club magazines and the Howard Shore Extended Scores.I really, really annoyed my sister with my obsession but I loved every minute of those movies.Just perfect escapism.At the end of FOTR's run at the cinema I went to Manchester because the trailer for The Two Towers was going to be shown after the credits.I was the only person in the cinema and it was fantastic  :)

A true Ringer.  :D

#FrodoLives
First Chair. Last Call.
©1966-2024
All rights reserved.
Void where prohibited.
The information contained in this site is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, and usefulness.
Your mileage may vary.

AliSPNfan

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2020, 01:16:03 AM »
A true Ringer

I was.Waiting for The Two Towers was like waiting for the release of The Empire Strikes Back all over again :) :)

MPare1966

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2020, 06:55:42 AM »
A true Ringer

I was.Waiting for The Two Towers was like waiting for the release of The Empire Strikes Back all over again :) :)

I remember.

I downloaded a hi-res version of it, and since we weren’t on high speed internet back then, it took hours.
First Chair. Last Call.
©1966-2024
All rights reserved.
Void where prohibited.
Your mileage may vary.

AliSPNfan

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2020, 11:35:44 AM »
I downloaded a hi-res version of it, and since we weren’t on high speed internet back then, it took hours

I saw Fellowship of the Ring 17 times at the cinema, The Two Towers 13 times & Return of the King 10 times.One of the greatest movie experiences I've ever had :)

When Star Wars was released regionly in the UK in 1978 I saw it 12 times at my local cinema--and then 23yrs later I was sitting in my favourite seat in the same cinema watching FOTR  :)

Shank Asu

• can't fight for sh-- but sure can take a beating
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2020, 01:34:03 PM »
Counties visited. I've been to 138 counties which isn't a whole lot (only about 4% of all counties in the US) but I haven't been to many states so 69 are from Minnesota and 36 are from North Dakota. Also 17 from Iowa (I drove through once to see U2 in Omaha), 7 in Wisconsin, 5 in South Dakota, 2 in Arizona and Nebraska.
138 countries?  Seems like quite a lot to me.

Codeguy

• (He, His, Him, Romeo not Juliette, that fucker)
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2020, 04:45:14 PM »
Interesting thing to count!
-------

Too tall to be a despot