Simple Minds vs U2

• 90 Replies

Codeguy

• (He, His, Him, Romeo not Juliette, that fucker)
Re: Simple Minds vs U2
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2020, 10:20:58 PM »
Hey - I was checking out your site and I m impressed with how clean and professional it looks.

Adding video to your website has become an absolute MUST. Even something basic that clearly defines exactly what it is you're offering & why work with your company vs competitors...

My team, based out of Jerusalem and California, creates quality animated explainer videos.  Our award-winning videos are proven to increase customer engagement and decrease user bounce rate.

Email me back for some explainer video samples, pricing, or just to say hi!
WTF?
-------

Too tall to be a despot

MPare1966

• Trying to throw my arms around the world
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2020, 10:31:33 PM »
Hey - I was checking out your site and I m impressed with how clean and professional it looks.

Adding video to your website has become an absolute MUST. Even something basic that clearly defines exactly what it is you're offering & why work with your company vs competitors...

My team, based out of Jerusalem and California, creates quality animated explainer videos.  Our award-winning videos are proven to increase customer engagement and decrease user bounce rate.

WTF?

Absurdist humor  ;D
First Chair. Last Call.
©1966-2024
Presented by Vandelay Industries.
Management: Pendant Publishing.
All rights reserved.
Void where prohibited.
The information contained in this site is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, and usefulness.
Your mileage may vary.

So Cruel

• It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2020, 11:54:02 PM »
I didn't realize that Iron Maiden had an era where they sounded like the Killers?   :-X

Hard to say which band is worse

Both great, and imagine that, guess which bands album was voted best British album from the last 60 years on NME!

Iron Maiden’s ‘The Number Of The Beast’ voted Best British Album of the last 60 years
Metal classic beats The Beatles and Pink Floyd in public vote

https://www.nme.com/news/music/iron-maiden-48-1283770
Talk U2 2023 Awards

WINNER - THE ADAM CLAYTON WHO WOULD YOU LIKE TO GO ON A BENDER WITH AWARD

WINNER - THE DAVID LEE ROTH BEST USE OF A MEME/GIF AWARD

Rupert Pupkin

« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2020, 01:58:17 AM »

WTF?

Absurdist humor  ;D

That's right, absurdist humour.  Or; the literal text of a spam email I fielded this morning, one of many in a similar theme, and I thought of course I will post it in a thread that is collapsing in upon itself like a dying sun.

Great article, thanks.
shootin' TVs
reading Corinthians Thirteen

guest259

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2020, 03:08:51 AM »
Simple Minds, like hair metal, were big in the 80s.

riffraff

• Surrender, dislocate
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2020, 06:20:32 AM »
This may be one of the worst threads we've ever had.
Surrender, dislocate

an tha

• And you can swallow, or you can spit....
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2020, 08:39:59 AM »

Nothing that can't be turned into an absolute belter
Since 1995.....

riffraff

• Surrender, dislocate
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2020, 09:16:24 AM »

Nothing that can't be turned into an absolute belter
I don't know what that means.
Surrender, dislocate

JTBaby

« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2020, 09:46:59 AM »
Despite the obvious trolling nature of the OP, I do have to say that both studio and live, 2018-2019 Maiden and Simple Minds are both better than U2.

Both bands have had ups and downs over their careers, as have U2.

All 3 bands have had moments of absolute greatness, as well as moments of complete horror.
"Trump supporters are fucking morons"
“Albums still matter,” he said to the crowd of pop star and music luminaries. “Like books and black lives"

guest532

« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2020, 09:53:28 AM »
U2 surpassed the Simple Minds of this world with the Unforgettable Fire album and tour.  It elevated them to a whole new level, at least that's how I see it.

guest204

« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2020, 01:02:05 PM »
Despite the obvious trolling nature of the OP, I do have to say that both studio and live, 2018-2019 Maiden and Simple Minds are both better than U2.

Both bands have had ups and downs over their careers, as have U2.

All 3 bands have had moments of absolute greatness, as well as moments of complete horror.

Yes well ‘trolling’ keeps things interesting. Even so, I genuinely believe the following to be true:

NGD is better than anything u2 have recorded.

Regarding Iron Maiden I love their first 2 records. I even enjoy NOTB, Power Bulge and Piece of Mind but beyond that they lost me. Even so I saw them for the first time at the o2 in London last year. The only thing that spoilt it was BD’s screeching vocals. Paul Dianno was a far superior singer

guest204

« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2020, 01:11:35 PM »
Simple Minds, like hair metal, were big in the 80s.

Yes well U2 haven’t been ‘relevant’ since the early 90’s so I’m not sure what your point is?

And being ‘big’ - at least in terms of commercial success - means nothing artistically

Passenger_AFN

• We're one but not the same
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2020, 03:53:35 PM »
Rather than focusing on the differences and who was bigger when and all that. Let's look at the similarities
Their origins are based on a deep sense of friendship and loyalty. Although the minds lineup has changed over the time the core has always been Jim and Charlie just like the core of U2 has always been Larry , Adam , Bono and Edge. They cut their musical teeth in some of the same places and even played at the same gigs at times.
Don't want to be a pain
Don't wanna stay the same

guest204

« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2020, 04:07:00 PM »
Rather than focusing on the differences and who was bigger when and all that. Let's look at the similarities
Their origins are based on a deep sense of friendship and loyalty. Although the minds lineup has changed over the time the core has always been Jim and Charlie just like the core of U2 has always been Larry , Adam , Bono and Edge. They cut their musical teeth in some of the same places and even played at the same gigs at times.

Exactly. I thought the Christian message from u2 was about inclusiveness and understanding. As the song ‘One’ goes ‘we’re One, but we’re not the same’. Seems to me most u2 fans are the opposite of inclusive.

MPare1966

• Trying to throw my arms around the world
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2020, 04:29:07 PM »
I went and checked the TalkSimpleMinds forum and there's a fella named Big Willy Wanker that has the same thread going.

Says U2 are the best and that Simple Minds output since NDG amounts to dogshit.

::)
First Chair. Last Call.
©1966-2024
Presented by Vandelay Industries.
Management: Pendant Publishing.
All rights reserved.
Void where prohibited.
The information contained in this site is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, and usefulness.
Your mileage may vary.