U2 to play free London gig this saturday

• 160 Replies

thepunter

U2 to play free London gig this saturday
« on: November 06, 2017, 10:25:55 AM »
They will play Trafalgar Square with a 7k limited capacity. The free tickets can be sought via a ballot on the mtv site with entries closing tomorrow

It’s a prelim show to the EMA awards for the following day where they will get a global icon award

The Ultra Beasts

• The abominations formerly known as WhenIsSOE
Re: U2 to play free London gig this saturday
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 10:27:43 AM »
Cool! MAybe more SOE songs!
Sign me petition to get some great missing albums on Spotify!
https://www.change.org/p/daniel-ek-bring-some-great-albums-to-spotify

kango

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 10:48:31 AM »
Thanks for flagging this. Just entered. Might get the train down there anyway if I don't get a ticket...
Another Time, Another Forum

robgalloway

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 11:00:49 AM »
I just had an email from U2.com and it says wristbands to be collected at 2pm and Entry to Venue at 3pm ... but has anyone got any info on the show time? If I was to go then would need to be on a train out of Kings Cross at 19:23 because I'm on stage myself at 22:00 in Doncaster.

kango

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 11:06:02 AM »
I just had an email from U2.com and it says wristbands to be collected at 2pm and Entry to Venue at 3pm ... but has anyone got any info on the show time? If I was to go then would need to be on a train out of Kings Cross at 19:23 because I'm on stage myself at 22:00 in Doncaster.

How did you get an email? Was this prompted by you querying times with them?

robgalloway

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2017, 11:07:51 AM »
No, I just got n email inviting me to apply for the Super-fan ballot for U2.com members?

kango

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2017, 11:22:06 AM »
Bugger. Are you living in / around London? Trying to understand why I haven't got a U2.com email.

I'd already applied for the general ballot as had no knowledge of the super fan ballot.

The Ultra Beasts

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2017, 11:23:18 AM »
They will play Trafalgar Square with a 7k limited capacity. The free tickets can be sought via a ballot on the mtv site with entries closing tomorrow

It’s a prelim show to the EMA awards for the following day where they will get a global icon award
Wonder how many SOE songs they will play!

robgalloway

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2017, 11:36:08 AM »
No good for me :(

Doors will open to ticket holders at around 5pm, with the first act expected on stage at 7pm. The concert will finish at 10pm and at 11.30pm Morley’s Hill and Duncannon Street will reopen. Pall Mall East will reopen the following morning at 6am.

The Ultra Beasts

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2017, 11:38:40 AM »
No good for me :(

Doors will open to ticket holders at around 5pm, with the first act expected on stage at 7pm. The concert will finish at 10pm and at 11.30pm Morley’s Hill and Duncannon Street will reopen. Pall Mall East will reopen the following morning at 6am.
Oh no! We don't really have a chance as New Yorkers.

NOVEMBER 17TH
WE RISE

robgalloway

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2017, 11:40:27 AM »
Bugger. Are you living in / around London? Trying to understand why I haven't got a U2.com email.

I'd already applied for the general ballot as had no knowledge of the super fan ballot.

No I live in Leeds? Got a feeling that I'm gonna win this ballot knowing that I can't go ... Wish I hadn't entered now so someone else gets a chance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kango

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2017, 12:14:38 PM »

No I live in Leeds? Got a feeling that I'm gonna win this ballot knowing that I can't go ... Wish I hadn't entered now so someone else gets a chance

Sorry to hear that. I've got a different dilemma. My U2.com email apparently went to a social folder in my gmail account and I wasn't notified. So I registered on the public ballot. Now I have access to the super fan ballot, should I enter that as well? I'm worried I'll get disqualified, particularly if I don't get selected in super fan selection and am added to the public selection.

The terms state you can't enter more than once but I don't now if they count the super fan submission. Anyone have any instincts?

robgalloway

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2017, 12:17:29 PM »

Sorry to hear that. I've got a different dilemma. My U2.com email apparently went to a social folder in my gmail account and I wasn't notified. So I registered on the public ballot. Now I have access to the super fan ballot, should I enter that as well? I'm worried I'll get disqualified, particularly if I don't get selected in super fan selection and am added to the public selection.

The terms state you can't enter more than once but I don't now if they count the super fan submission. Anyone have any instincts?

I wouldn't like to say ... where in the country do you live?

kango

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2017, 12:19:42 PM »

Bucks. An hour from central London by train.

robgalloway

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2017, 12:25:09 PM »

Bucks. An hour from central London by train.

My instinct would be to chance it ... and to chance it on the day if it's not too much hassle.

On another note.

I genuinely do see some kind of protest though. Twitter hasn't been too kind today.