Bono's new car

• 23 Replies

The Edges Cat

Bono's new car
« on: December 29, 2019, 11:51:24 PM »
He bought a Tesla. Personally, knowing how Bono drives, he should have got a driverless Google car.

http://www.alternativenation.net/u2-singer-bono-spends-ridiculous-money-car/
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 11:59:42 PM by The Edges Cat »
The Edge: “[Eno] would love to see us making albums a bit more like [Zooropa]. Where we go, ‘You know what? We’re not going to second-guess any of this. Let’s just go for it.’”

U2 Fans: We'd all love to see that, Edge.

riffraff

• Surrender, dislocate
Re: Bono's new car
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2019, 05:49:53 AM »
Might be a bit safer than a bicycle for him. Maybe.
Surrender, dislocate

MPare1966

• Trying to throw my arms around the world
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2019, 08:55:19 AM »
He bought a Tesla. Personally, knowing how Bono drives, he should have got a driverless Google car.

http://www.alternativenation.net/u2-singer-bono-spends-ridiculous-money-car/

The Model S has some advanced driver assist technology. I guess it’s a step in the right direction for B.
First Chair. Last Call.
©1966-2024
Presented by Vandelay Industries.
Management: Pendant Publishing.
All rights reserved.
Void where prohibited.
The information contained in this site is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, and usefulness.
Your mileage may vary.

Amor fati

• Under the white horses
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2019, 10:53:29 AM »
i have no idea what i just read, this story meanders more than mine do  :o

U2 frontman Bono can be shown off showcasing his latest new holiday wheels as one certain Elon Musk fan Twitter took to social media recently to post this photo recently of Bono with his newest Tesla Model S. You can view it below. U2 member ‘threatened’ at party, was Bono wasted?

In other news regarding U2 and Bono, fans recently took to social media to discuss the legacy and impact of one of the group’s most classic albums – Achtung Baby. Bono ‘begging’ for prayers was just revealed.

One fan said: “I have been a fan of U2 since the “Joshua Tree” days, but even though I do have most of U2’s standard albums, I do not have the b-sides and remixes, except those that came with the single “One”. So to me, Disc 2 of this set is like a brand new album, and what an album it is! It is very diverse musically, and it shows how far U2 was willing to go in 1990-1991 in order to search their souls and to experiment, for the purpose of making their next album as excellent as possible. The effect of Disc 2 is that it makes me feel that I have been transported back to 1991 to discover a U2 album that I never knew existed. I was leery of forking over more than $20 for another copy of “Achtung Baby”, a superb album but one which I already possessed on vinyl, cassette and CD. But one listen to Disc 2 told me that my money was well spent. I don’t dislike any of the tracks, and I actually prefer a couple of the remixes to the tracks found on the original album.”

Bono was recently ‘heckled’ by U2 fans for an angry remark. The fan finished up by saying: “To address the other issues, the sound is great, and I have no problem with the packaging. I’m just happy to have this music. All in all, I am very pleased with the set.”

The Edges Cat

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2019, 04:09:03 PM »

I know right! The articles are absolute crap, and the headlines are clickbait and nothing to do with the story at all. Like the one where Bono was "threatened"... no mention of it in the article at all. And the Julian Lennon photo, the headline reads, "Lennon family call out Bono." So here I was thinking Bono had pissed off the Lennons, but again, fake headline for clickbait. The authors have english names too (Brett Buchanan). Surely it's an AI writing this dribble?
The Edge: “[Eno] would love to see us making albums a bit more like [Zooropa]. Where we go, ‘You know what? We’re not going to second-guess any of this. Let’s just go for it.’”

Amor fati

• Under the white horses
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2019, 04:37:15 PM »

I know right! The articles are absolute crap, and the headlines are clickbait and nothing to do with the story at all. Like the one where Bono was "threatened"... no mention of it in the article at all. And the Julian Lennon photo, the headline reads, "Lennon family call out Bono." So here I was thinking Bono had pissed off the Lennons, but again, fake headline for clickbait. The authors have english names too (Brett Buchanan). Surely it's an AI writing this dribble?

One of the articles said they are re-released a 2 disc Achtung Baby or something like that,  so naturally i read it,  and it made no sense either.  Just like the two you mention.  ::) FAKE NEWS  :o

This Dave

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2019, 05:19:08 AM »

The “spends ridiculous money on a car” headline is also pretty absurd. A Tesla S is by no means cheap for the average person, but it’s practically an economy car compared to what people at Bono’s level usually drive. It comes in at a lot less than your average S-class Mercedes, never mind the Bentley, Ferrari, and Rolls that someone of his standing would usually have.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 06:57:34 PM by This Dave »

Rupert Pupkin

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2019, 08:18:27 AM »
Bono Drives New Car Into Swimming Pool

'American Soul' Hitmaker Unhurt
shootin' TVs
reading Corinthians Thirteen

riffraff

• Surrender, dislocate
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2019, 08:46:20 AM »

Drowning Man
Surrender, dislocate

73October

• Dream out loud
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2019, 09:46:28 AM »
Is this fake news? That photo doesn't look that recent.
I can imagine Bono with a Tesla. Thing is, is he still driving or does he now have a driver?
One love, One blood, One life;
You got to do what you should.
One life; With each other
Sisters, Brothers
One life; But we're not the same
We get to carry each other, Carry each other

kango

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2019, 10:36:06 AM »
He's had a Tesla for years, even before the first Irish dealer opened. He got if from UK stock and exported it. This looks like his second model but don't think it's that new. I've seen pictures only of him being driven.
Another Time, Another Forum

Rupert Pupkin

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2019, 05:17:40 PM »

Drowning Man

Bono Sleeping In New Car Now
shootin' TVs

riffraff

• Surrender, dislocate
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2019, 05:28:14 PM »

Drowning Man

Bono Sleeping In New Car Now
Daddy's Gonna Pay For...
Surrender, dislocate

Rupert Pupkin

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2019, 09:41:26 PM »
Bono Always Crashing In The Same Car, According To Sources
shootin' TVs

The Edges Cat

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2020, 03:30:41 AM »
Bono Menaced In Road Rage Incident!
Article describes Bono's leisurely drive through the Irish countryside.